+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Rumours are cardiff north is going tory
    That's disappointing but not all that surprising. Tories often win there and did in 2015 (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you believe what the media prints is irrelevant and makes little difference to how people think? If so, please get help.
    No of course it is not irrelevant.

But I think that many people have more sense than you think.l99

I do.

If a bomb goes off somewhere, we're reliant on the news provided.

I believe we've been convinced, as a country, that tax is bad, we don't want to pay it, but we should have top public services for nothing.

Anyone believing the political news network is an unbiased, honest account are idiots.
    I think you are miles off on a lot of this. I'd not dismiss anyone who watches/reads the news as an idiot. I'd also suggest that to assume that you've got the insight to see the bias but the great unwashed do not is a bit rich, too.

Labour candidate for stoke is fuming , fully expects to lose his seat and blames corbyn and his lot for the heavy defeat

And in my opinion , he is right
    I thought he spoke brilliantly. Answered the question, not afraid to state his position, was concise, clear and targeted. I wish all politicians would do that and not just repeat their pre-prepared soundbites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    It seems at election time people prefer to hear the vague, jingoistic battle cries even if they're led by a bigoted muppet. Britain is a conservative country; it takes more of an effort to get Labour in and it seems a lot more has to be aligned for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I thought he spoke brilliantly. Answered the question, not afraid to state his position, was concise, clear and targeted. I wish all politicians would do that and not just repeat their pre-prepared soundbites.
    Female on now used to work for the labour party , has slated corbyn for anti semitism , stupid spending plans , bullying culture in the party , has got to go tomorrow and take momentum with him

That's utter shit. There's lots of support for Labour policies but the media and the establishment runs the country.
    So its all the fault of the media?bollocks!

I think brexit has changed everything its fecked the labour party as many of its core voters are bigots and uneducated fools who have voted for a party ready to shit on them

And thanks to them and corbyn this country is fecked
    Calling half the country idiots and fools, as yourself and many others have done for the last three years, (Steve Coogan, speaking this morning, is a prime example) merely entrenched the Brexiteers views. Allied with a leader who was totally unelectable then it seems that Labour has got everything it deserved.

Former soft tory mp Heidi Allen has just commented

What we have is a very dangerous situation , a tory party purged of its liberal side leaving a hard right conservative party with a fragmented , ineffective opposition

I think its thatcherism all over again and what kept her in was a weakened opposition

Maybe we have to accept , those of us who don't vote tory that the only way to defeat them is to form a coalition party made up of liberals , labour , independents , basically the sixty percent who don't vote tory

Either that or the labour party has a root and branch reform from top to bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    It seems at election time people prefer to hear the vague, jingoistic battle cries even if they're led by a bigoted muppet. Britain is a conservative country; it takes more of an effort to get Labour in and it seems a lot more has to be aligned for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Calling half the country idiots and fools, as yourself and many others have done for the last three years, (Steve Coogan, speaking this morning, is a prime example) merely entrenched the Brexiteers views. Allied with a leader who was totally unelectable then it seems that Labour has got everything it deserved.
    Well I am afraid that the truth hurts ......people who are going to face the full force of free market capitalism have become turkeys voting for xmas

They are going to get shafted and they will face the consequences

That's a combination of utter stupidity and an awful leader

Heidi Allen

What are the working class people of Darlington going to do when brexit has been done and they face financial hardship under the tories ?

Turn to universal credit ?

Tory vote has only increased by three percent

What's won if for them is the collapse of the labour vote by eleven perce

What a disaster for corbyn

A right sort that Heidi Allen.

I note the Tory Party are now massively odds-on to take the Beast of Bolsover Dennis Skinner's seat which he's held since 1970. It has never returned anything other than a Labour candidate. Even in 1983 under Michael Foot's leadership when the party was hammered Skinner held it with a 14,000 majority.

****ing mess. Didn't expect this and makes me evaluate my future. I don't feel like I have anything in common with the typical English voter. I'm devastated.

Leigh, Labour since 1922, now Tory. A Welsh equivalent would be somewhere like Merthyr going the same way.

Why the hell is Wales turning blue? Dear God.

Critically labours 4th election defeat in a row?

Blair type moderate Labour not liked ?.

Labour winning multi culture urban areas ?

Workington man is a Tory ?

What next Momentum more destruction of a party I supported for so long you let the loonies free and brought us Boris majority ,thanks .

Some good news DUP are a spent force .

Wales turning blue ?

Seat of leigh labour since the 1920 's.

Yep the Labour project gone so well .

At least it keeps its London elitism , that won't serve them well in the North or Midlands .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Bye bye England/Wales. Full of retards.
    It's embarrassing isn't it?

Tory vote has only increased by three percent

What's won if for them is the collapse of the labour vote by eleven perce

What a disaster for corbyn
    Even worse Sludge

Caroline Flint has lost Don Valley

And now Jo Swinson has gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Laughable sayin lots of support for labour policies.
    It's not funny. People are too stupid to vote for policies they like.

It's the same here. People thought they hated "Obamacare". Until they found out it was the Affordable Care Act and it was where they got their healthcare plan from.

You seem to think very little of the public's ability to think for themselves.
    Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And now Jo Swinson has gone!!
    Sludge will be inconsolable about the Lib Dem leader's loss of her seat. He's no fan of her politics but he'll sorely miss the sight of her massive mammaries.

I reckon cardiff north will go tory and gower in swansea
    Thankfully Anna McMorrin seemed to buck the trend and actually increased her majority.

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5028539]No, but they control the thoughts of

Vindec pretty much sums it up.

Accept the results like a man, like some of the decent Labour MP's who seem to realise where they have gone monumentally wrong, instead of blaming everyone else.

If Labour can rid themselves of their hard left and concentrate on some of the excellent, realistic and honest MP's they have and build around that, then they have grounds to rise from these ashes and take the Conservatives to task at the next elections.

The size of defeat could be the saving of the Labour party in the longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's too early to make judgements yet, but if the exit poll is anything like right, then I'm not sure the result can be "blamed" on one generation. For an outcome like the predicted one to happen, I would have thought most age groups would have had to have favoured the Conservatives and there might have been more than expected remain voters who thought the Referendum vote had to be honoured no matter what.
    I'll concede my opinion is more anecdotal than evidenced by statistics but I'll wager that it'll be the older age groups that have voted for a lying, racist buffoon to run the country.

I agree that the subject of Brexit has also influenced strongly the results. Personally, I'm a remainder but think the referendum result should have been honoured even though I think the campaign was littered with lies. Similarly the Tory campaign for the GE has also been littered with mistruths and avoiding scrutiny. Politics today seems to be more about populism than policies?

What a ****ing country.