+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Populism is about offering the people everything for free.
    A lot of young people and gullible believed the false promises of Corbyn.
    The vast majority can see that this country would be bankrupt in no time and inflation would have risen to above 15% within 2 years.
    This along with reneging on the Brexit referendum.
    Along with the vile creatures that are Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell.

Labour have had their worst results since the 1930's in spite of:

Johnson
    9 years of mainly necessary austerity
    Biased TV coverage in favour Labour and remain
    Apparently Conservatives and Brexiteers being uncaring and as Steve Coogan said, ignorant and ill informed.

Used to like Coogan, but as his alter ego would say, we had the last laugh. Take your foot out of your mouth and shove it up your backside Steve 🤣

This morning I am so very proud of my Britain, our wonderful Britain 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Nice to have politics back on the main board

Didn’t vote labour but I actually like Corbyn. Tried to make the country a better place but no one likes massive change

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Populism is about offering the people everything for free.
    A lot of young people and gullible believed the false promises of Corbyn.
    The vast majority can see that this country would be bankrupt in no time and inflation would have risen to above 15% within 2 years.
    This along with reneging on the Brexit referendum.
    Along with the vile creatures that are Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell.

Labour have had their worst results since the 1930's in spite of:

Johnson
    9 years of mainly necessary austerity
    Biased TV coverage in favour Labour and remain
    Apparently Conservatives and Brexiteers being uncaring and as Steve Coogan said, ignorant and ill informed.

Used to like Coogan, but as his alter ego would say, we had the last laugh. Take your foot out of your mouth and shove it up your backside Steve 🤣

This morning I am so very proud of my Britain, our wonderful Britain 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
    I don’t agree with anything you have said but biased TV coverage in favour of Labour and Remain has got to be the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thankfully Anna McMorrin seemed to buck the trend and actually increased her majority.
    Her voting numbers were actually down, she only increased her % win because of people voting for Lib Dem’s and the Brexit party.

The ,Conservative fellas numbers were up

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Didn’t vote labour but I actually like Corbyn. Tried to make the country a better place but no one likes massive change
    Nice people don’t fit in in politics here, or in society maybe? We are too brutal and greedy here these days

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'll concede my opinion is more anecdotal than evidenced by statistics but I'll wager that it'll be the older age groups that have voted for a lying, racist buffoon to run the country.

I agree that the subject of Brexit has also influenced strongly the results. Personally, I'm a remainder but think the referendum result should have been honoured even though I think the campaign was littered with lies. Similarly the Tory campaign for the GE has also been littered with mistruths and avoiding scrutiny. Politics today seems to be more about populism than policies?

What a ****ing country.
    And presumably you don't think that Corbyn is a racist or liar, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Because of his policies or because people have been swayed by the media opinions on his policies, especially tax evasion and making the most wealthy pay?
    You really have fallen hook, line and sinker for all the crap pedalled by Momentum, Corbyn and Mcdonnell haven't you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You really have fallen hook, line and sinker for all the crap pedalled by Momentum, Corbyn and Mcdonnell haven't you.
    Or in your case the Daily Mail.

Corbyn has to resign. Talk of a time of quiet reflection is worrying. The hard left of the party need to be removed urgently.

Labour put up a good leader and there can be a massive turnaround by the next election. Another from the hard left and the party could be finished.

We are going to have 5 more years of austerity and cuts. Labour need to fight back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'll concede my opinion is more anecdotal than evidenced by statistics but I'll wager that it'll be the older age groups that have voted for a lying, racist buffoon to run the country.

I agree that the subject of Brexit has also influenced strongly the results. Personally, I'm a remainder but think the referendum result should have been honoured even though I think the campaign was littered with lies. Similarly the Tory campaign for the GE has also been littered with mistruths and avoiding scrutiny. Politics today seems to be more about populism than policies?

What a ****ing country.
    I see Corbyn loyalists are blaming Brexit for the election outcome. I'd say they are right to do so, but what they are not comprehending is that it is their Brexit policy which has cost them. All the Conservatives did was increase their vote by around 1.5%, a far bigger contribution to the result was Labour's decline from 40% of the vote in 2017 to 32.2% this time around. I think Corbyn should go much sooner rather than later because his strategy (and the public perception is that it was his strategy) saw his party losing support among remainers as well as leavers.

What I failed to understand in 2016 and still don't understand now is that the difference makers in the Referendum were working class people in what were Labour strongholds. It seems to me that they voted Leave because of a "my life is shit" sentiment, but it baffles me why they would hold the EU and the main opposition party responsible for that, rather than the Government of this country in which the Conservative party had been a constant factor for six years at the time of the vote.

However, that's what they did and what they have done again, so I think those of us in England and Wales especially who want to get the Conservative party out have to try and find out why ex mining communities see the need to "get Brexit done" as a higher priority than getting rid of a party that has historically been despised in such areas.

Like you, I voted Remain in 2016, albeit reluctantly, but although I'm convinced that the 17.4 million voted for stacks of different versions of Brexit in the Referendum, the democracy being denied argument they came out with was, for me, a very hard one to counter, so I had made up my mind to vote Leave in the event of a second vote.

I'm extremely disappointed with the election result, but the truth is that my main motivation was to try and keep the Torys out and that was the reason I voted Labour rather than a desire to see them win - if I had been living in Scotland, I would definitely have voted SNP and, if Corbyn outstays his welcome in a bid to get more of the same in terms of the party leadership, then Plaid will start looking an increasingly attractive option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thankfully Anna McMorrin seemed to buck the trend and actually increased her majority.
    I knew should she would win Anna is what I view a Labour MP should look and sound like .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Her voting numbers were actually down, she only increased her % win because of people voting for Lib Dem’s and the Brexit party.

The ,Conservative fellas numbers were up
    She got 17 just fewer votes this time. The Tory vote didnt go up - it fell by almost 3000 with the Brexit party candidate just getting 1311. The Lib Dem candidate endorsed Anna McMorrin a few days ago, but I think it was too late to have a big impact.
    Mo Ali was the only candidate not to turn up at last weeks hastings which didn't do him any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The Conservative fellas numbers were up
    In the 2017 election, the Conservatives got 21,907 votes in Cardiff North.

In the 2019 election, the Conservatives got 19,082 votes in Cardiff North.

In summary, the Conservative fella's numbers weren't up. On the contrary, they were down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Or in your case the Daily Mail.
    17.4 million Daily Mail readers in 2016 and similar today?

Learn from the catastrophic mistakes regarding your party

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Corbyn has to resign. Talk of a time of quiet reflection is worrying. The hard left of the party need to be removed urgently.

Labour put up a good leader and there can be a massive turnaround by the next election. Another from the hard left and the party could be finished.

We are going to have 5 more years of austerity and cuts. Labour need to fight back now.
    If Boris deploys that austerity tactic he knows he's done in the next election , as he stated he has borrowed Labour votes not on his popularity, but on the dislike of Corbynism and ignoring a democratic vote .

We await to see what happens ??

Bring on Yvette Cooper, pick a lady to lead , change your tact, you have my and many others votes back .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

In summary, the Conservative fella's numbers weren't up. On the contrary, they were down.
    He was never going going to pull the many old and well off in north Cardiff, if they’d had a more traditional Tory boy they prob would have flown it, as they have win it before.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If Boris deploys that austerity tactic he knows he's done in the next election , as he stated he has borrowed Labour votes not on his popularity, but on the dislike of Corbynism and ignoring a democratic vote .

We await to see what happens ??

Bring on Yvette Cooper, pick a lady to lead , change your tact, you have my and many others votes back .
    The austerity will continue. If Corbyn is allowed time to reflect , blame brexit for this result and allow the unions and membership to elect someone else from the hard left then 5 years will turn to 10.

To blame brexit as well is pathetic. Under his watch Labour heartlands voted on mass to leave. The campaign to remain under him was pathetic.

This Election was always going to be about Brexit, Leave won the 1st Vote and they have won this general Election

I have spoken to Die hard Lib Dem voters, they still talk of Paddy ashdown as the greatest PM that never was, the choice around here is Lib dems or Tories, last time around i voted Lib Dems to try and keep the Tories out, most of these people voted Remain, but they are elderly and hated this Brexit fiasco, they think the county voted leave, so lets leave, democracy was more important to then, they voted for the Tories

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He was never going going to pull the many old and well off in north Cardiff, if they’d had a more traditional Tory boy they prob would have flown it, as they have win it before.
    They had a more traditional Tory boy last time out. He was soundly beaten. Anna has proved popular in Cardiff North. Plenty of people (including me) have voted for her this time around despite Corbyn. The fact that she's opposed him on several occasions has helped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

My bad, I saw all the + signs on the other 4 parties and with only just getting up and no coffee down me, made a boo boo.

Labour % down though

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

What I failed to understand in 2016 and still don't understand now is that the difference makers in the Referendum were working class people in what were Labour strongholds. It seems to me that they voted Leave because of a "my life is shit" sentiment, but it baffles me why they would hold the EU and the main opposition party responsible for that, rather than the Government of this country in which the Conservative party had been a constant factor for six years at the time of the vote.
    When people have had enough, they want a change, just like the US did, the status quo wasnt working for them, thats why they voted in Trump

Now I am not saying its right, but it appears to me that is the way it went

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    17.4 million Daily Mail readers in 2016 and similar today?

Learn from the catastrophic mistakes regarding your party
    I wasnt referring to the referendum more the wind up ID account of DML on his Corbyn comments.

In fact I believe most of the hard left wanted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    When people have had enough, they want a change, just like the US did, the status quo wasnt working for them, thats why they voted in Trump

Now I am not saying its right, but it appears to me that is the way it went
    You are correct. My worry is Corbyn will hang on while a suitable candidate from his wing of the party is found and they convince themselves they can win after what will be 5 years of hardship.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's utter shit. There's lots of support for Labour policies but the media and the establishment runs the country.
    you've got your head up your arse if you believe that. Labour support has collapsed.

The UK is right leaning, it always has been. The best Labour have ever done was under Blair with centrist/centre left policies. Hard left policies in the UK just don't cut it.