+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

I think the other issue is a lot of folk in the country see the labour as a left London elite and are sooo out of touch ,and Mr Johnosn tapped into that well and Labour spectacular failed , well before JC in 2010 Labour had 41 seats in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post

Tax havens? Yep stop them. They would not be needed if we simply set a limit on the MAX tax paid
    Bullshit. You obviously have no idea how greedy the super-rich are.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is a golden example of why Labour just got hammered in the polls - Labour leaders, supporters and Momentum still believe that anyone who voted for Brexit or Conservatives must be stupid or ill educated. They have obviously learnt nothing from what has happened.
    There were certainly remainers who were arrogant in their vote in the initial referendum and aftermath but this arrogance was weaponised by the Tory party and Vote Leave who had done their best to promote ignorance through their misinformation campaign. I can honestly say that my understanding of the EU now is limited but it's so much more than was at the time of the initial referendum, and considering the bad information politician and pundits have come out with before and since I reckon, if being honest, most would say the same. It doesn't demonstrate ignorance to know you're not well informed, it demonstrates intelligence and maturity.

Wouldn't it negligent for people to i) not meet with leave voters and ask why they did it and ii) if they are best supported by staying in the EU to openly say that and pull in that direction? We instead have a government telling us not to believe in experts and predictions done by their own civil service and instead believe in Boris saying "well I tell you different." By the end, Arlene Foster (paid billions by the Tory party) said she didn't trust Boris!

Brexit being sorted by this vote is in itself misleading. We have a withdrawal agreement (as we would have if Boris etc. had voted with Theresa May) but Brexit isn't finished until we have a trade agreement with the EU. Brexit fatigue may make that a more rapid process but how many good decisions are made when fatigued and frustrated?

I mean, it's all done now, but ultimately we now have a government who changed their twitter handle to make it look like a fact-checking website (arguing CCHQ was understood enough that it wouldn't mislead people, suggesting the press would have adapted the website to encourage distrust in the media challenging them) are willing to create a fake news story regarding an aid getting hit to distract from a bad news story for our Prime Minister, have 88% of their social media ads be classed as misleading (compared to 0% of Labours)....we have a government who have promoted ignorance and won votes by telling voters the other side consider them stupid. Labour not responding well enough to that is not the biggest issue we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's an extra nine million UK residents since 2001 (58 million to 67 million).

But why are you moaning? If you phone you doctor's surgery today for an appointment they'll probably have a space available at around Easter time.
    Ah yes the great nhs we only moan about apart from election time when we all love it.....it’s the new way to see your gp don’t you know? You wait a month in pain or worry, by the time the app comes around it’s either gone away or your phucked....

Anyone want to guess how long until we get the report looking at Russian interference in our political system?

https://twitter.com/ItsMattCurtis/st...05663788175362

Stanley Johnson talking about women wearing burqas flying planes.....how did the conversation go there??

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We have too many people for starters....when your kids can’t get in a school half a mile away you know it’s phucked. Is it an extra 10 million since Blair let anyone in? We moan about traffic, hospital waiting and getting a doctors appointment though.....
    No - it is not 10 million. It is under half of that since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    They didn't need to. They're the puppet masters and the public are on strings.

Anybody who voted for a party other than Labour yesterday have effectively signed the death warrants of hundreds of thousands of people over the next five years.
    maybe millions. Even billions. Perhaps the whole universe..

I haven't really seen any sign of it on social media today but it might be worth Labour looking at itself rather than looking for reasons for its defeat elsewhere. Yes of course the media is biased against Labour. It always has been. I remember hearing Jimmy Reid the shipbuilding unionist speaking in the 80s where he was ridiculing the left who complained that they'd have more success if it wasn't for the capitalist press. He compared it to saying your horse might win the Grand National if it wasn't for the fences.

Attlee, Wilson, Blair managed it. Maybe there is a reason why this Labour Party with the policies it adopted didn't which lies within? All I've seen today is more name-calling and demonising of the people who the party was trying to get onside before the election and will need to win over if they are ever to get elected again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bullshit. You obviously have no idea how greedy the super-rich are.
    The highest earning 1% in the UK pay an estimated 28% of all income tax

You'd like them to pay a bit more, no doubt..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is a golden example of why Labour just got hammered in the polls - Labour leaders, supporters and Momentum still believe that anyone who voted for Brexit or Conservatives must be stupid or ill educated.
    So you reckon there were no Labour leaders, supporters or Momentum officials who voted for Brexit?

Give your head a wobble, you idiot.

The question is why have traditional labour voters abandoned Labour? It has to be Brexit to a large degree but there's another factor involved and that's the fact that this country hasn't had a real left wing alternative in decades, Labour may have had three terms with Blair and Brown at the helm but their policies were pro business and about deregulation, there wasn't much in it for the working classes, infact. we've witnessed the birth of the underclasses.

New Labour have contributed to this mess, you expect the Tories to attack the poor but not Labour. Alot of working class people in former industrial heartlands have had enough, Politicians do little for their communities, jobs were never replaced, manufacturing and industry gone and not much of a future for the young. They've been badly let down by politicians so what are they to do? When the opportunity came along to lodge a protest thet took that opportunity by voting leave, a desperate act, a solitary punch thrown towards the decision makers in this country who have allowed these people and their once proud communities to rot.

The sad thing is that whatever people think of Corbyn, his policies were designed to help these very people, they were genuine and honest , but to late for the majority who seem to think that leaving the club will bring them more opportunity and a chance to progress. They are wrong and will sadly be proved wrong. Johnson and his business cronies want out so desperately in order to cut working conditions and get rid of legislation that is in place to protect the poorest and most vulnerable, things wont improve for working class people, they're going to get a whole lot worse.

Whenever the bully, gobshite, populist, blowhard is given a platform and endorsed by the many it usually means that there are other issues at hand that haven't been dealt with. massive underlining problems that go back decades,, well, this is what has happened and this is what we've got because of the neglect and failure to help the poorest by both administrations. These people aren't stupid, uneducated and gullible, just desperate. When desperation kicks in the bully with the gob can sometimes be seen as the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The highest earning 1% in the UK pay an estimated 28% of all income tax

You'd like them to pay a bit more, no doubt..
    Is that 1% all tax revenues (income, NI, vat, corporation, capital gains etc)? Or does it not factor in the Panama Paper boys hoovering up their wealth into secretive offshore accounts? I'd like those bastards to pay a bit more... what about you?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Is that 1% all tax revenues (income, NI, vat, corporation, capital gains etc)? Or does it not factor in the Panama Paper boys hoovering up their wealth into secretive offshore accounts? I'd like those bastards to pay a bit more... what about you?
    It's income tax. The figures are from an independent, non-political organization. You could probably tell them all to F off to somewhere else and pay their £50 billion or so to another nation state..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So you reckon there were no Labour leaders, supporters or Momentum officials who voted for Brexit?

Rude little man. You're frustrated because you don't understand the point being made..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

He's on some good medication, i'll give him that. The real left have no time for the EU, they see it as neo liberal and pro business. Johnson wants out because he and his chums are to the right of the EU, it's got ****all to do with honouring the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I haven't really seen any sign of it on social media today but it might be worth Labour looking at itself rather than looking for reasons for its defeat elsewhere. Yes of course the media is biased against Labour. It always has been. I remember hearing Jimmy Reid the shipbuilding unionist speaking in the 80s where he was ridiculing the left who complained that they'd have more success if it wasn't for the capitalist press. He compared it to saying your horse might win the Grand National if it wasn't for the fences.

Attlee, Wilson, Blair managed it. Maybe there is a reason why this Labour Party with the policies it adopted didn't which lies within? All I've seen today is more name-calling and demonising of the people who the party was trying to get onside before the election and will need to win over if they are ever to get elected again.
    I think Labour have got to prove in the coming years that they are more than just an inward looking sect. Their boast of having the biggest membership of any political party in Europe means nothing as far as electorial success is concerned, but I fear it could ensure that we see them resorting more to the name calling and demonsing you talk about and in that direction lies oblivion as far as being a party which could form a Government is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's income tax. The figures are from an independent, non-political organization. You could probably tell them all to F off to somewhere else and pay their £50 billion or so to another nation state..
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...fiscal-studies

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The question is why have traditional labour voters abandoned Labour? It has to be Brexit to a large degree but there's another factor involved and that's the fact that this country hasn't had a real left wing alternative in decades, Labour may have had three terms with Blair and Brown at the helm but their policies were pro business and about deregulation, there wasn't much in it for the working classes, infact. we've witnessed the birth of the underclasses.

New Labour have contributed to this mess, you expect the Tories to attack the poor but not Labour. Alot of working class people in former industrial heartlands have had enough, Politicians do little for their communities, jobs were never replaced, manufacturing and industry gone and not much of a future for the young. They've been badly let down by politicians so what are they to do? When the opportunity came along to lodge a protest thet took that opportunity by voting leave, a desperate act, a solitary punch thrown towards the decision makers in this country who have allowed these people and their once proud communities to rot.

The sad thing is that whatever people think of Corbyn, his policies were designed to help these very people, they were genuine and honest , but to late for the majority who seem to think that leaving the club will bring them more opportunity and a chance to progress. They are wrong and will sadly be proved wrong. Johnson and his business cronies want out so desperately in order to cut working conditions and get rid of legislation that is in place to protect the poorest and most vulnerable, things wont improve for working class people, they're going to get a whole lot worse.

Whenever the bully, gobshite, populist, blowhard is given a platform and endorsed by the many it usually means that there are other issues at hand that haven't been dealt with. massive underlining problems that go back decades,, well, this is what has happened and this is what we've got because of the neglect and failure to help the poorest by both administrations. These people aren't stupid, uneducated and gullible, just desperate. When desperation kicks in the bully with the gob can sometimes be seen as the only option.
    There's been a lot of talk about One Nation Conservatism today from the winning party and it'll be interesting to see whether there are changes to the Cabinet in the coming days, because the last thing I'd expect from the one that went into the election is One Nation Conservatism.

More like £60 billion then..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Taking away the fact corbyn had a toxic image , fuelled by the right wing press and had an awful team behind him , the public will get what the public wants .......a race to the bottom and a return to the days of thatcher who Boris adored

Sadly there is a massive sting in the tale ........lack of housing , poor public services and a crumbling NHS

Don't say we didn't warn you

What I don’t want to hear is those that voted Tory start moaning in the years that follow. I have a feeling many are going to be disappointed and it will serve them right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Labour have got to prove in the coming years that they are more than just an inward looking sect. Their boast of having the biggest membership of any political party in Europe means nothing as far as electorial success is concerned, but I fear it could ensure that we see them resorting more to the name calling and demonsing you talk about and in that direction lies oblivion as far as being a party which could form a Government is concerned.
    Unfortunately this was an election between a buffoon and a Marxist lefty that no one trusted.
    If labour want to make a comeback they will need to drop these politicians of the 60’s and 70’s along with Len McCluskey and get someone more like Blair. Labour need the middle ground and leftist politics will never get them

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What I don’t want to hear is those that voted Tory start moaning in the years that follow. I have a feeling many are going to be disappointed and it will serve them right.

They'll have to go a long way to moan as much as you ****ing have over the years on this messagboard

Just perhaps it would have better to let Johnson have his deal of a few months ago, he was weak then and could have been controlled , he's now in Pl ace for 5 years with a such a majority with that he can get anything through the House even with a bit of dissent, I was genuinely surprised to wake up this morning to the news, with the choice of candidates on offer wasn't really bothered who won, that said having a tory win with such a commanding majority is not something I would have wanted but not having voted, apparently I got what I deserved. I note that he still hasn't resigned as yet and taken his crew with him, if he's allowed any influence over the next leader then I'm certain I'll not see another Labour Pm, I'm sure BJ will be found out very soon by his new supporters but will Labour continue with a radical left which has just been given one massive FO tablet and blow it again, or will they modernise to an electable left leaning party.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Just perhaps it would have better to let Johnson have his deal of a few months ago, he was weak then and could have been controlled , he's now in Pl ace for 5 years with a such a majority with that he can get anything through the House even with a bit of dissent, I was genuinely surprised to wake up this morning to the news, with the choice of candidates on offer wasn't really bothered who won, that said having a tory win with such a commanding majority is not something I would have wanted but not having voted, apparently I got what I deserved. I note that he still hasn't resigned as yet and taken his crew with him, if he's allowed any influence over the next leader then I'm certain I'll not see another Labour Pm, I'm sure BJ will be found out very soon by his new supporters but will Labour continue with a radical left which has just been given one massive FO tablet and blow it again, or will they modernise to an electable left leaning party.
    They did "let" him have his deal. He withdrew it.