+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Feedback

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not. Blind policy tests keep showing that Labour policies are more popular than Tory policies. Most of the print media is owned by Tory donors. The Tories are the establishment.

What bits of this do you disagree with?
    all of it. the polls don't lie.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No it doesn't, it proves it. Policies don't matter. If they were allowed to matter, different story.
    you do the electorate a disservice bu suggesting that they aren't intelligent enough to form their own opinion. That's quite a conceited viewpoint you have there.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe true, but are you saying that has got nothing to do with a 4 year media demolition campaign?
    I think its more to do with his courting of terrorists, his lack of action regarding the rampant anti-semitism within his party and the hard left policies taken straight from the 1970s, which most people wish to steer clear of

Get corbyn and momentum out

If labour doesn't learn from this hammering then they are finished

In my opinion I think there is room for an anything but conservative party , a sort of rainbow coalition

But what can you do about people who are going to be shafted by the conservatives .......voting conservative ?

getting rid of corbyn is only the start

One of the leaders of momentum is on TV now , she's in denial

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This Election was always going to be about Brexit, Leave won the 1st Vote and they have won this general Election

I have spoken to Die hard Lib Dem voters, they still talk of Paddy ashdown as the greatest PM that never was, the choice around here is Lib dems or Tories, last time around i voted Lib Dems to try and keep the Tories out, most of these people voted Remain, but they are elderly and hated this Brexit fiasco, they think the county voted leave, so lets leave, democracy was more important to then, they voted for the Tories
    and there's me thinking that all those leave voters had been duped 3 yrs ago and had now been 'enlightened' to the errors of their ways.
    Probably election result had a lot to do with a creepy old man handing out 'sweets' to the electorate every day for 12 weeks and expecting ordinary folk who have to budget monthly to believe him..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Blyth valley , former mining town has gone tory

Fecking disaster
    They should be ashamed of themselves

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    When people have had enough, they want a change, just like the US did, the status quo wasnt working for them, thats why they voted in Trump

Now I am not saying its right, but it appears to me that is the way it went
    I understand that, but why is the EU and Labour considered the establishment and not the Government of this country?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I understand that, but why is the EU and Labour considered the establishment and not the Government of this country?
    I'm inclined to say its the pro-Tory bias in our media

The idea that Eton educated, former Bullingdon Club member Boris Johnson isn't the establishment is laughable

I see Corbyn loyalists are blaming Brexit for the election outcome. I'd say they are right to do so, but what they are not comprehending is that it is their Brexit policy which has cost them. All the Conservatives did was increase their vote by around 1.5%, a far bigger contribution to the result was Labour's decline from 40% of the vote in 2017 to 32.2% this time around. I think Corbyn should go much sooner rather than later because his strategy (and the public perception is that it was his strategy) saw his party losing support among remainers as well as leavers.

What I failed to understand in 2016 and still don't understand now is that the difference makers in the Referendum were working class people in what were Labour strongholds. It seems to me that they voted Leave because of a "my life is shit" sentiment, but it baffles me why they would hold the EU and the main opposition party responsible for that, rather than the Government of this country in which the Conservative party had been a constant factor for six years at the time of the vote.

However, that's what they did and what they have done again, so I think those of us in England and Wales especially who want to get the Conservative party out have to try and find out why ex mining communities see the need to "get Brexit done" as a higher priority than getting rid of a party that has historically been despised in such areas.

Like you, I voted Remain in 2016, albeit reluctantly, but although I'm convinced that the 17.4 million voted for stacks of different versions of Brexit in the Referendum, the democracy being denied argument they came out with was, for me, a very hard one to counter, so I had made up my mind to vote Leave in the event of a second vote.

I'm extremely disappointed with the election result, but the truth is that my main motivation was to try and keep the Torys out and that was the reason I voted Labour rather than a desire to see them win - if I had been living in Scotland, I would definitely have voted SNP and, if Corbyn outstays his welcome in a bid to get more of the same in terms of the party leadership, then Plaid will start looking an increasingly attractive option for me.
    Bl**dy hell. You want to get off those hills and come back to civilization..

Get corbyn and momentum out

If labour doesn't learn from this hammering then they are finished

In my opinion I think there is room for an anything but conservative party , a sort of rainbow coalition

But what can you do about people who are going to be shafted by the conservatives .......voting conservative ?

getting rid of corbyn is only the start

One of the leaders of momentum is on TV now , she's in denial
    This. Couldnt agree more.

I cant watch the news. If this woman has retained her seat she should resign and allow someone like Caroline Flint who has lost her seat to stand in a by election.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    and there's me thinking that all those leave voters had been duped 3 yrs ago and had now been 'enlightened' to the errors of their ways.
    Probably election result had a lot to do with a creepy old man handing out 'sweets' to the electorate every day for 12 weeks and expecting ordinary folk who have to budget monthly to believe him..
    Well there were a lot of factors in this crushing defeat but Corbyn's crazy manifesto didn't help in some of the key marginals

Brexit was a massive issue and corbyn would have saved some seats if he hadn't sat on the fence so much , the fact is , and I cant understand it is that in the very areas that were helped by European funding , people voted to leave

I am afraid they are going to be hit big time now a right wing tory government is in

Plaid cymru are a waste of space

Corbyn and his followers are in complete denial. If they appoint another with similar policies then they will struggle to gain power. Corbyn and his entire front bench need to go and be replaced by the decent Labour MPs on the back benches. If BREXIT goes wrong, as it might, then there could be a further election sooner than many think in which case Labour needs to reposition itself by coming forward with some more centralist policies and ditching the hard left which the public will never support.

Well there were a lot of factors in this crushing defeat but Corbyn's crazy manifesto didn't help in some of the key marginals

Brexit was a massive issue and corbyn would have saved some seats if he hadn't sat on the fence so much , the fact is , and I cant understand it is that in the very areas that were helped by European funding , people voted to leave

I am afraid they are going to be hit big time now a right wing tory government is in
    Perhaps voters don't react well to the EU and Labour trying to bribe them by throwing money at them and saw straight through it ? Contrary to popular belief, most voters are not stupid and would never support any party trying to bankrupt the Country, no matter how much they were gaining out of it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Or in your case the Daily Mail.
    Maybe DML stands for Daily Mail Lemming?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Corbyn and his followers are in complete denial. If they appoint another with similar policies then they will struggle to gain power. Corbyn and his entire front bench need to go and be replaced by the decent Labour MPs on the back benches. If BREXIT goes wrong, as it might, then there could be a further election sooner than many think in which case Labour needs to reposition itself by coming forward with some more centralist policies and ditching the hard left which the public will never support.
    He and his mob have to take the blame for much of this disaster

I would have liked that wakefield female mp to lead the party but she lost her seat

I take it you mean that I would be wrong to desert Labour and Corbyn ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps voters don't react well to the EU and Labour trying to bribe them by throwing money at them and saw straight through it ? Contrary to popular belief, most voters are not stupid and would never support any party trying to bankrupt the Country, no matter how much they were gaining out of it personally.
    The joy of government is that the people are stupid

That evil man Hitler said that and sadly there is more than a grain of truth in it

He and his mob have to take the blame for much of this disaster

I would have liked that wakefield female mp to lead the party but she lost her seat
    Mary Creagh would have been a good choice. There are many good female MPs in the Labour Party that have been ostracised by the hard left.

That evil man Hitler said that and sadly there is more than a grain of truth in it
    Tell me, why do you think ex miners and families of ex miners decided to vote Conservative this time? Just saying such people are stupid is not going to get any of the opposition parties anywhere.

Churchill said it best.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Churchill said it best.

Only it was one of many quotes attributed to him that there is no evidence he ever uttered!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Churchill said it best.

Correct... Lots of average voters in this thread. Close to 100% I’d say.

Tell me, why do you think ex miners and families of ex miners decided to vote Conservative this time? Just saying such people are stupid is not going to get any of the opposition parties anywhere.
    I am afraid that's a huge part of the problem , people who live in the former heavy industrialised areas of the UK , areas that got a lot of aid from Europe in the form of infrastructure , social projects , grants to attract industry from overseas from the European social fund .......vote to leave Europe .......and then vote Tory ......who have savaged the very services they rely on

If they are not stupid then there must be another word for it

But I am afraid corbyn and his gang must take the blame for the scale of this defeat

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Populism is about offering the people everything for free.
    A lot of young people and gullible believed the false promises of Corbyn.
    The vast majority can see that this country would be bankrupt in no time and inflation would have risen to above 15% within 2 years.
    This along with reneging on the Brexit referendum.
    Along with the vile creatures that are Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell.

Labour have had their worst results since the 1930's in spite of:

Johnson
    9 years of mainly necessary austerity
    Biased TV coverage in favour Labour and remain
    Apparently Conservatives and Brexiteers being uncaring and as Steve Coogan said, ignorant and ill informed.

Used to like Coogan, but as his alter ego would say, we had the last laugh. Take your foot out of your mouth and shove it up your backside Steve 🤣

This morning I am so very proud of my Britain, our wonderful Britain 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
    I can only assume your last sentence is a wind-up. This is the 2nd daftest country in the western world, hung up on a fairytale hierarchy and generally keen to maintain the status quo. Labour have their faults but they also have to jump through more and loftier hoops than the Tories, who have a leader who is vague and shambling and hides from trouble. I'm not sure why that's something to be proud of, but you carry on if it makes you feel better (which is what national pride is for anyway).