Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The figure is very high.
    Showing the influence the media has.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Showing the influence the media has.
    They have refined the propaganda techniques to a level where they are almost invisible to the average person.

International

No, but they control the thoughts of so many.
    If that is what you choose to believe.
    thought control is the thing of old sci fi movies (I thought).

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If that is what you choose to believe.
    thought control is the thing of old sci fi movies (I thought).
    It's happening whether you know it's happing or not

This old clip is decades old, and the techniques in use today have undertaken a quantum leap since then. The internet is every disinformation scientists wet dream!

the

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The media and establishment don't vote.
    They didn't need to. They're the puppet masters and the public are on strings.

Anybody who voted for a party other than Labour yesterday have effectively signed the death warrants of hundreds of thousands of people over the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Anybody who voted for a party other than Labour yesterday have effectively signed the death warrants of hundreds of thousands of people over the next five years.

As opposed to voting labour and signing the death warrant for the whole country?

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    As opposed to voting labour and signing the death warrant for the whole country?
    What have we got in this country?

A health service that's failing more and more every year, abject poverty, ridiculously inflated property prices, a poor road and rail network and underfunded schools - That's what we've got.

There is plenty of money around but it's hidden from the public.

Jeremy Corbyn has never said that people shouldn't be rich, but has asked that they contribute fairly and not hide their money away in tax havens.

A health service that's failing more and more every year, abject poverty, ridiculously inflated property prices, a poor road and rail network and underfunded schools - That's what we've got.

Jeremy Corbyn has never said that people shouldn't be rich, but has asked that they contribute fairly and not hide their money away in tax havens.
    Who defines fair? That’s pretty naive view of the world. One persons fair is another persons far left / right policy.

If the NHS is failing (it has been for ALL of my 50+ years)... then it cant just be about more money. If it was would you support all drink, smoking, drug and fat related diseases being only treated based on payments by the individuals??? I would not but at the same time why should I pay more tax for other peoples choices? This is the problem - people who make these poor choices cant have everything for free and expect ‘those who earn more’ to pay for it. That’s not social care.

Underfunded schools and roads? Highly funded, poorly delivered

Tax havens? Yep stop them. They would not be needed if we simply set a limit on the MAX tax paid

We have too many people for starters....when your kids can’t get in a school half a mile away you know it’s phucked. Is it an extra 10 million since Blair let anyone in? We moan about traffic, hospital waiting and getting a doctors appointment though.....

I don't disagree with what you say about our services, but most of the issues mentioned are the responsibility of Welsh Assembly Government, not Westminster

maybe millions. Even billions. Perhaps the whole universe..

The question is why have traditional labour voters abandoned Labour? It has to be Brexit to a large degree but there's another factor involved and that's the fact that this country hasn't had a real left wing alternative in decades, Labour may have had three terms with Blair and Brown at the helm but their policies were pro business and about deregulation, there wasn't much in it for the working classes, infact. we've witnessed the birth of the underclasses.

New Labour have contributed to this mess, you expect the Tories to attack the poor but not Labour. Alot of working class people in former industrial heartlands have had enough, Politicians do little for their communities, jobs were never replaced, manufacturing and industry gone and not much of a future for the young. They've been badly let down by politicians so what are they to do? When the opportunity came along to lodge a protest thet took that opportunity by voting leave, a desperate act, a solitary punch thrown towards the decision makers in this country who have allowed these people and their once proud communities to rot.

The sad thing is that whatever people think of Corbyn, his policies were designed to help these very people, they were genuine and honest , but to late for the majority who seem to think that leaving the club will bring them more opportunity and a chance to progress. They are wrong and will sadly be proved wrong. Johnson and his business cronies want out so desperately in order to cut working conditions and get rid of legislation that is in place to protect the poorest and most vulnerable, things wont improve for working class people, they're going to get a whole lot worse.

Whenever the bully, gobshite, populist, blowhard is given a platform and endorsed by the many it usually means that there are other issues at hand that haven't been dealt with. massive underlining problems that go back decades,, well, this is what has happened and this is what we've got because of the neglect and failure to help the poorest by both administrations. These people aren't stupid, uneducated and gullible, just desperate. When desperation kicks in the bully with the gob can sometimes be seen as the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The question is why have traditional labour voters abandoned Labour? It has to be Brexit to a large degree but there's another factor involved and that's the fact that this country hasn't had a real left wing alternative in decades, Labour may have had three terms with Blair and Brown at the helm but their policies were pro business and about deregulation, there wasn't much in it for the working classes, infact. we've witnessed the birth of the underclasses.

New Labour have contributed to this mess, you expect the Tories to attack the poor but not Labour. Alot of working class people in former industrial heartlands have had enough, Politicians do little for their communities, jobs were never replaced, manufacturing and industry gone and not much of a future for the young. They've been badly let down by politicians so what are they to do? When the opportunity came along to lodge a protest thet took that opportunity by voting leave, a desperate act, a solitary punch thrown towards the decision makers in this country who have allowed these people and their once proud communities to rot.

The sad thing is that whatever people think of Corbyn, his policies were designed to help these very people, they were genuine and honest , but to late for the majority who seem to think that leaving the club will bring them more opportunity and a chance to progress. They are wrong and will sadly be proved wrong. Johnson and his business cronies want out so desperately in order to cut working conditions and get rid of legislation that is in place to protect the poorest and most vulnerable, things wont improve for working class people, they're going to get a whole lot worse.

Whenever the bully, gobshite, populist, blowhard is given a platform and endorsed by the many it usually means that there are other issues at hand that haven't been dealt with. massive underlining problems that go back decades,, well, this is what has happened and this is what we've got because of the neglect and failure to help the poorest by both administrations. These people aren't stupid, uneducated and gullible, just desperate. When desperation kicks in the bully with the gob can sometimes be seen as the only option.
    There's been a lot of talk about One Nation Conservatism today from the winning party and it'll be interesting to see whether there are changes to the Cabinet in the coming days, because the last thing I'd expect from the one that went into the election is One Nation Conservatism.

“ The sad thing is that whatever people think of Corbyn, his policies were designed to help these very people, they were genuine and honest “

Deluded. He’s policy’s we’re naive. London Labour MP centric and nothing to do with the labour heartlands.

I'm not bothered. I get my old age pension.
    Company pension.
    Anybody on benefits needs to start worrying.
    The Tories will go for them.
    With regard to Brexit the ball is in the hands of the Tories. If it goes tits up Labour will be back in the game.
    The SNP will want a, referendum on independence.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I'm not bothered. I get my old age pension.
    Company pension.
    Anybody on benefits needs to start worrying.
    The Tories will go for them.
    With regard to Brexit the ball is in the hands of the Tories. If it goes tits up Labour will be back in the game.
    The SNP will want a, referendum on independence.
    Just to point out, the State Pension is also a benefit and has been defined as such since 1946. But as you may have implied, State Pensioners with their triple lock guarantee and me, me, me attitude form a large Conservative voting block.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Just to point out, the State Pension is also a benefit and has been defined as such since 1946. But as you may have implied, State Pensioners with their triple lock guarantee and me, me, me attitude form a large Conservative voting block.
    How dare you include me in that "assessment"!

kin ell 5 more years of bojo if the polls are correct . think the stance Labour took on Brexit have killed them . 5 million labour voters voted out in the UK in the referendum and looks like they turned blue on that basis especially in the north of England

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    kin ell 5 more years of bojo if the polls are correct . think the stance Labour took on Brexit have killed them . 5 million labour voters voted out in the UK in the referendum and looks like they turned blue on that basis especially in the north of England
    They were knackered either way - plenty of Labour voters voted to remain. But imagine looking at Johnson and thinking that's the guy to lead us. What a shabby, ridiculous country.

The likes of Caroline Flint will probably lose their seat. Corbyn Abbott McDonnell etc should f off and give up their seats. Embarrassing getting smashed by that buffoon Johnson.

Total disaster

Corbyn and his crew need to go now

I would like Rachael Reeves as leader , sharp political and economic brain

God help the poor and disadvantaged

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Total disaster

Corbyn and his crew need to go now

I would like Rachael Reeves as leader , sharp political and economic brain

God help the poor and disadvantaged
    Yup, and god help them when we have another blairite policy led labour party.

That's utter shit. There's lots of support for Labour policies but the media and the establishment runs the country.
    There's none so blind.......

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    There's none so blind.......
    I'm not. Blind policy tests keep showing that Labour policies are more popular than Tory policies. Most of the print media is owned by Tory donors. The Tories are the establishment.

What bits of this do you disagree with?

Feedback

I'm not. Blind policy tests keep showing that Labour policies are more popular than Tory policies. Most of the print media is owned by Tory donors. The Tories are the establishment.

What bits of this do you disagree with?
    all of it. the polls don't lie.