Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Exit Poll Its PM Boris with 80 odd majority

Tory vote has only increased by three percent

What's won if for them is the collapse of the labour vote by eleven perce

What a disaster for corbyn

A right sort that Heidi Allen.

I note the Tory Party are now massively odds-on to take the Beast of Bolsover Dennis Skinner's seat which he's held since 1970. It has never returned anything other than a Labour candidate. Even in 1983 under Michael Foot's leadership when the party was hammered Skinner held it with a 14,000 majority.

****ing mess. Didn't expect this and makes me evaluate my future. I don't feel like I have anything in common with the typical English voter. I'm devastated.

Leigh, Labour since 1922, now Tory. A Welsh equivalent would be somewhere like Merthyr going the same way.

Why the hell is Wales turning blue? Dear God.

Critically labours 4th election defeat in a row?

Blair type moderate Labour not liked ?.

Labour winning multi culture urban areas ?

Workington man is a Tory ?

What next Momentum more destruction of a party I supported for so long you let the loonies free and brought us Boris majority ,thanks .

Some good news DUP are a spent force .

Wales turning blue ?

Seat of leigh labour since the 1920 's.

Yep the Labour project gone so well .

At least it keeps its London elitism , that won't serve them well in the North or Midlands .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Tory vote has only increased by three percent

What's won if for them is the collapse of the labour vote by eleven perce

What a disaster for corbyn
    Even worse Sludge

Caroline Flint has lost Don Valley

And now Jo Swinson has gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And now Jo Swinson has gone!!
    Sludge will be inconsolable about the Lib Dem leader's loss of her seat. He's no fan of her politics but he'll sorely miss the sight of her massive mammaries.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I reckon cardiff north will go tory and gower in swansea
    Thankfully Anna McMorrin seemed to buck the trend and actually increased her majority.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thankfully Anna McMorrin seemed to buck the trend and actually increased her majority.
    Her voting numbers were actually down, she only increased her % win because of people voting for Lib Dem’s and the Brexit party.

The ,Conservative fellas numbers were up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The Conservative fellas numbers were up
    In the 2017 election, the Conservatives got 21,907 votes in Cardiff North.

In the 2019 election, the Conservatives got 19,082 votes in Cardiff North.

In summary, the Conservative fella's numbers weren't up. On the contrary, they were down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

In summary, the Conservative fella's numbers weren't up. On the contrary, they were down.
    He was never going going to pull the many old and well off in north Cardiff, if they’d had a more traditional Tory boy they prob would have flown it, as they have win it before.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    He was never going going to pull the many old and well off in north Cardiff, if they’d had a more traditional Tory boy they prob would have flown it, as they have win it before.
    They had a more traditional Tory boy last time out. He was soundly beaten. Anna has proved popular in Cardiff North. Plenty of people (including me) have voted for her this time around despite Corbyn. The fact that she's opposed him on several occasions has helped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

My bad, I saw all the + signs on the other 4 parties and with only just getting up and no coffee down me, made a boo boo.

Labour % down though

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5028539]No, but they control the thoughts of

Vindec pretty much sums it up.

Accept the results like a man, like some of the decent Labour MP's who seem to realise where they have gone monumentally wrong, instead of blaming everyone else.

If Labour can rid themselves of their hard left and concentrate on some of the excellent, realistic and honest MP's they have and build around that, then they have grounds to rise from these ashes and take the Conservatives to task at the next elections.

The size of defeat could be the saving of the Labour party in the longer term.

Populism is about offering the people everything for free.
    A lot of young people and gullible believed the false promises of Corbyn.
    The vast majority can see that this country would be bankrupt in no time and inflation would have risen to above 15% within 2 years.
    This along with reneging on the Brexit referendum.
    Along with the vile creatures that are Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell.

Labour have had their worst results since the 1930's in spite of:

Johnson
    9 years of mainly necessary austerity
    Biased TV coverage in favour Labour and remain
    Apparently Conservatives and Brexiteers being uncaring and as Steve Coogan said, ignorant and ill informed.

Used to like Coogan, but as his alter ego would say, we had the last laugh. Take your foot out of your mouth and shove it up your backside Steve 🤣

This morning I am so very proud of my Britain, our wonderful Britain 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    The vast majority can see that this country would be bankrupt in no time and inflation would have risen to above 15% within 2 years.

Johnson
    Apparently Conservatives and Brexiteers being uncaring and as Steve Coogan said, ignorant and ill informed.

Used to like Coogan, but as his alter ego would say, we had the last laugh. Take your foot out of your mouth and shove it up your backside Steve 🤣

This morning I am so very proud of my Britain, our wonderful Britain 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
    I don’t agree with anything you have said but biased TV coverage in favour of Labour and Remain has got to be the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post

Johnson

I can only assume your last sentence is a wind-up. This is the 2nd daftest country in the western world, hung up on a fairytale hierarchy and generally keen to maintain the status quo. Labour have their faults but they also have to jump through more and loftier hoops than the Tories, who have a leader who is vague and shambling and hides from trouble. I'm not sure why that's something to be proud of, but you carry on if it makes you feel better (which is what national pride is for anyway).

Nice to have politics back on the main board

Didn’t vote labour but I actually like Corbyn. Tried to make the country a better place but no one likes massive change

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Didn’t vote labour but I actually like Corbyn. Tried to make the country a better place but no one likes massive change
    Nice people don’t fit in in politics here, or in society maybe? We are too brutal and greedy here these days

Corbyn has to resign. Talk of a time of quiet reflection is worrying. The hard left of the party need to be removed urgently.

Labour put up a good leader and there can be a massive turnaround by the next election. Another from the hard left and the party could be finished.

We are going to have 5 more years of austerity and cuts. Labour need to fight back now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I knew should she would win Anna is what I view a Labour MP should look and sound like .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Her voting numbers were actually down, she only increased her % win because of people voting for Lib Dem’s and the Brexit party.

The ,Conservative fellas numbers were up
    She got 17 just fewer votes this time. The Tory vote didnt go up - it fell by almost 3000 with the Brexit party candidate just getting 1311. The Lib Dem candidate endorsed Anna McMorrin a few days ago, but I think it was too late to have a big impact.
    Mo Ali was the only candidate not to turn up at last weeks hastings which didn't do him any favours.