+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I have a tree which needs cutting down urgently

I have a tree which needs cutting down urgently

Any one know a good tree surgeon or gardener who can remove a 16ft tree for me?

Re: I have a tree which needs cutting down urgently

is it a conifer ??

I’ve cut down bigger with a hand saw ffs....
    I have a 60ft conifer bastard I’ll happily swop you that needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    is it a conifer ??
    Yes

It was meant to be a dwarf conifer!

When I bought it it was about 6 inches high

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes

Why urgently? did it shoot up 10ft overnight or have you just looked out the window for the first time for 2 years?

Is it inside or outside your house?

The bastards!
    Similar thing happened to me once.
    I bought this tiny little giant redwood sapling a few years back...

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why urgently? did it shoot up 10ft overnight or have you just looked out the window for the first time for 2 years?
    That's funny

We are having our Sky upgraded and the new Sky box needs a better signal

As it turns out the Sky engineer found a spot for the dish which gets a good signal so it is not so urgent now.

I had planned to sort the tree out next year so I still need someone to do it

As it turns out the Sky engineer found a spot for the dish which gets a good signal so it is not so urgent now.

Tut tut EB, cutting down a carbon absorbing tree so you can get a better capitalist picture. How Dare You.

Ah ok, I'll PM you the number of a Tree Surgeon I used

Yes

Its easy to do yourself with care ladder ,saw and loopers start as high as you can slowly as the top will be very thin ,buy these .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Jackson-Razorsharp-Telescopic-Ratchet/dp/B0006UF6BM/ref=sr_1_12?adgrpid=53030248517&gclid=CjwKCAiAis3vBRBdEiwAHXB29Mb8cDLKfphECtm9F0pd-nDlq7RxnQzwNIlA86EaFdhWSU5bdKTbxhoC5QIQAvD_BwE&hvadid=259080377271&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9045370&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=15575435932567061636&hvtargid=kwd-298429795137&hydadcr=18516_1754553&keywords=looper+tool&qid=1576258373&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-12

might need a cheap chainsaw to finish off the bottom .

I took down 6 20 footers.

Its very satisfying felling trees, I named each one from a poster on the CCMB board

Its easy to do yourself with care ladder ,saw and loopers start as high as you can slowly as the top will be very thin ,buy these .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spear-Jacks...5A1OLE&sr=8-12

might need a cheap chainsaw to finish off the bottom .

I took down 6 20 footers.

Its very satisfying felling trees, I named each one from a poster on the CCMB board
    What did you call them?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What did you call them?
    Thats for me to know, there were five so CCMB posters can only wonder, as I fired up my chainsaw to the tree , it is a very exhilarating tool

Thats for me to know, there were five so CCMB posters can only wonder, as I fired up my chainsaw to the tree , it is a very exhilarating tool
    Gosh I bet the Board is on Tenderpins about the identity of the Famous Five!

Anyway, that must be what you mean when you say elsewhere "Let the healing begin".

Gosh I bet the Board is on Tenderpins about the identity of the Famous Five!

Anyway, that must be what you mean when you say elsewhere "Let the healing begin".
    I feel your bitterness and hear your sadness, my thoughts are with you as we heal as a nation .

I feel your bitterness and hear your sadness, my thoughts are with you as we heal as a nation .
    Bowie hated Tories

Not sure I have reached bitterness yet but I am sad. So when you start the healing process talk me through the process where you bought an industrial chainsaw, christened 6/5 trees after people on this Messageboard you don't seem to have the courage to identify but presumably you wanted some mental image of satisfaction from, and then buzz sawed the shit out of them!

Eddie Stobart used to put a womans name on his trucks didn't he? I find that kind of shit very odd.

Not sure I have reached bitterness yet but I am sad. So when you start the healing process talk me through the process where you bought an industrial chainsaw, christened 6/5 trees after people on this Messageboard you don't seem to have the courage to identify but presumably you wanted some mental image of satisfaction from, and then buzz sawed the shit out of them!
    A good psychologist would have a field day (pun intended) on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A good psychologist would have a field day (pun intended) on here.
    Bizarre behavior indeed. I don't recall and can't imagine a time when I would think about another poster from this board when I'm away from my computer. Let alone getting so het-up that I would think about them while taking a chainsaw to a tree. However, it must be nice not to have any real-life problems to dwell on. So there's that.

Bowie hated Tories
    Doesn't make him good. The following is from the Wikipedia article about Rock Against Racism
    At this time other well-known rock musicians also made inflammatory statements, including David Bowie who expressed support for fascism and admiration for Adolf Hitler in interviews with Playboy, NME and a Swedish publication. Bowie was quoted as saying: "I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism... I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership." He was also quoted as saying: "Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars" and "You've got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up."[5] Bowie caused further controversy by allegedly making a Nazi salute while riding in a convertible, although he has always strongly denied this, insisting that a photographer simply caught him in the middle of waving.[6]

Bowie hated Tories

Sssssh I'm a healing.

Sssssh I'm a healing.
    First time I've ever seen anyone manage to spell shhhh wrong