+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 3 - 3 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LEEDS UNITED 3 - 3 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Genius. Brilliantly taken goal and a superb flick for the equaliser. From my angle it looked like his first was going over. The goal celebrations for the third were mental. £39 for a ticket (and the rest) well spent.
    I can’t believe I read someone’s post along the lines of “I’ve watched it 5 times what did tomlin do”

I’ve watched it a few times, and also the run by Glatzel and his finish to put it beyond the keeper was pretty decent too!!

I think one thing we should be grateful of with Harris is that he sees the value in Tomlin and has made him a fixture in the team. Warnock would never have done that

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I thought that at first but having watched it a few times am not so sure. He perhaps guides it in more than hits it.
    I just watched it again a few times as a result of you saying this.

But it still looks like a complete miss hit to me!

But who cares? They all count 👍

Been trying to think when we ever came back from 3-0 down for a draw...or even a win?....Glatzel's goal was no mis-hit.....

Miss hit

)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I can’t believe I read someone’s post along the lines of “I’ve watched it 5 times what did tomlin do”

I’ve watched it a few times, and also the run by Glatzel and his finish to put it beyond the keeper was pretty decent too!!
    Two class goals in the same match. No way did we look like coming back from 3 nil down.

Two class goals in the same match. No way did we look like coming back from 3 nil down.
    Spot on i thought we were fcuked

On a normal day I’d put off sleeping and struggle through the game for an early night but at 2 down and looking hopeless you can bet I got that power hour

Couple of good goals, I’ll watch second half tomorrow.

Have to say that's probably the best 30 odd minutes of the season, so it's a shame about the rest of the game. Tomlin impressive as always, but a small silver lining of Morrison being sent off is that we'll return to Nelson-Flint for the next game, who've been better so far than Morrison-Flint have been.

Tomlin’s first goal - brilliant

Tomlin’s flick - Never mind the vision etc, I’ve no idea where he found the strength to put that much on the ball

Morrison’s red - I think he got done by the shocking bounce on the pitch. If you watch it just before the second bounce from that pass it stops dead, had it bounced properly I don’t think it would’ve looked so bad. Can’t see it getting rescinded mind, think it was a red albeit unlucky

Flint - Cost us a goal again, standard

Great to see Ralls back, and Whyte and Glatzel too. Hopefully this will be like a fresh start for Glatzel now

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Tomlin’s first goal - brilliant

Tomlin’s flick - Never mind the vision etc, I’ve no idea where he found the strength to put that much on the ball

Morrison’s red - I think he got done by the shocking bounce on the pitch. If you watch it just before the second bounce from that pass it stops dead, had it bounced properly I don’t think it would’ve looked so bad. Can’t see it getting rescinded mind, think it was a red albeit unlucky

Flint - Cost us a goal again, standard

Great to see Ralls back, and Whyte and Glatzel too. Hopefully this will be like a fresh start for Glatzel now
    Very true about Glatzel, Tomlin has been like a new signing under Harris, Glatzel (even though he is a new signing) could really take off from now on in my opinion.

Thanks for the highlights. For some reason the Sky Sports highlights does not work properly on my PC - constant freezing of picture although audio is ok. When the screen "unfreezes" the action has moved on, so all I see is the ball going in the back of the net!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Love listening to the Leeds commentary there....

My statement about watching it 5 times and still don’t know what he did , was referring to the flick for the 3rd goal. Outrageous piece of skill but still don’t know how he did it.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    My statement about watching it 5 times and still don’t know what he did , was referring to the flick for the 3rd goal. Outrageous piece of skill but still don’t know how he did it.
    That piece of skill wouldn't have been be out of place in the Bernabeu or Allianz arena.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Here's the third City goal:

https://streamja.com/gGZv

Tomlin's flick was filthy.
    Pure sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    That piece of skill wouldn't have been be out of place in the Bernabeu or Allianz arena.
    Would have been even more sensational had it have reached Glatzel from that distance, Ballon d’Or material

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Love listening to the Leeds commentary there....
    Isn’t the main commentator Bryn Law?
    Certainly sounds like him.

There was only one spot where Tomlin could place the ball, and if he mishit it he wouldn't have scored.

Re: LEEDS UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Tomlin booked. That means he’ll be suspended for the next game.
    Are you sure ?
    Do you think we would have missed him if he had been ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I watched the game in hospitality with mainly Leeds fans and a couple of Bradford supporters.
    Before the game I said we were very poor for the first hour against Brentford, the we took over the game ,and Tomlin should.d be playing Champion league football he is so skilful.
    At the end the Bradford supporters were very complimentary about my football knowledge ....😁
    The leeds guys weren't quite as impressed......🥳

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I watched the game in hospitality with mainly Leeds fans and a couple of Bradford supporters.
    Before the game I said we were very poor for the first hour against Brentford, the we took over the game ,and Tomlin should.d be playing Champion league football he is so skilful.
    At the end the Bradford supporters were very complimentary about my football knowledge ....��
    The leeds guys weren't quite as impressed......��
    The Weeds have a chip on both shoulders.

Definitely this. Looks clever to me rather than a mistake/miss hit.
    Say it all if you think it was ‘clever’

Oh dear, oh dear 😂😂😂😂😂😂