+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politics on the main board..

Politics on the main board..

Don't know about others but i've really enjoyed reading peoples opinions on the election and the different policies, beliefs etc, it's really come to life on here and dare i say it, the debate has been mature and balanced with nobody being bullied or shouted down. There's always going to be a bit of back and forth, but in the main it's been positive and engaging.

When Mike split the boards it was around the time when there was personal animosity between posters, only a few but they did spoil this place for some people so i can understand why it was done, but that seems to have disappeared and i think that it's fair to say that the debate has been good whichever side of the fence you sit on. Time to reconsider?

Re: Politics on the main board..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't know about others but i've really enjoyed reading peoples opinions on the election and the different policies, beliefs etc, it's really come to life on here and dare i say it, the debate has been mature and balanced with nobody being bullied or shouted down. There's always going to be a bit of back and forth, but in the main it's been positive and engaging.

When Mike split the boards it was around the time when there was personal animosity between posters, only a few but they did spoil this place for some people so i can understand why it was done, but that seems to have disappeared and i think that it's fair to say that the debate has been good whichever side of the fence you sit on. Time to reconsider?
    Feck off you Trot!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Feck off you Trot!
    On reflection you might have raised a valid point there!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Feck off you Trot!
    I deserved that

I deserved that
    Should have been Eu Trot (anagram) I guess

I’ve enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next General Election next year

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve enjoyed it and am really looking forward to the next General Election next year
    You mean next referendum yeah?

I agree, it's not hard not to click on a thread if you've got no interest in it. The Tories have won, Brexit is happening, we're all f**ked, there's not that much to argue about anymore anyway

Yep bring it back you get a broader view , more contributors .

I have ZERO interest in the politics of other posters.

Please keep them to the board called ‘Politics’ - that is what it is for!!!!! 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have ZERO interest in the politics of other posters.

Please keep them to the board called ‘Politics’ - that is what it is for!!!!! 🙈
    In that case don't read Politics threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    In which case don’t clutter up the football board when there is a board DEDICATED to political musing. 🙈

This is CCMB remember 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    In which case don’t clutter up the football board when there is a board DEDICATED to political musing. ��

This is CCMB remember ��
    Bizarre how people get stressed out by "a cluttered up messageboard"

Just don't click on the thread and have a look at the next one, it's not as if hundreds of threads get made every day

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bizarre how people get stressed out by "a cluttered up messageboard"

Just don't click on the thread and have a look at the next one, it's not as if hundreds of threads get made every day
    Exactly, I thought yesterday's threads were very informative, I found out that all the stupid people voted Leave in Brexit 2, and then all the intelligent people came on here to call them names.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Exactly, I thought yesterday's threads were very informative, I found out that all the stupid people voted Leave in Brexit 2, and then all the intelligent people came on here to call them names.
    Very true. I like to find out who the empty vessels are so I can then also ignore their opinion on football.

This is just my view but I have absolutely zero interest in other posters’ political views and so having them on a separate board makes perfect sense to me.

They just clutter up football / CCFC related posts which is the only reason I have ever used the board.

Keep them separate I say.

😅

Separate boards for me.

This is a Cardiff City message board. It has nothing to do with politics thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    This is a Cardiff City message board. It has nothing to do with politics thank God.
    Mods - can we move this post to the Religion board?

I think you're being a tad unfair. I certainly don't agree ALL people who voted Leave are stupid; a tiny minority like Johnson and his henchmen are running a clever plan of manipulation to advance their own interests at the expense of the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You don’t have to if you don’t click on the politics board, where politics threads are.

What difference does it make where it is?

This is a football message board. Not a politics message board.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    This is a football message board. Not a politics message board.
    There are loads of non football threads here.