Thread: City keepers over the years

Re: City keepers over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Keep up at the back
    Should have put “has anyone”, not “no one”
    Couldn’t be arsed reading the whole fed

We were 3-1 down at the time and “we don’t lose to Weeds”

Does anyone remember that an Australian kid played for us for one game only as all our other keepers were injured. I believe he played the day he was signed as an emergency and the bloke was here on holidays at the time. He was garbage by the way and never played for us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Does anyone remember that an Australian kid played for us for one game only as all our other keepers were injured. I believe he played the day he was signed as an emergency and the bloke was here on holidays at the time. He was garbage by the way and never played for us again.
    Peter Zois

Agent Dimi now with Hartlepool - and according to Jeff Stelling it was his mistake that handed Harrogate Town victory this afternoon in the FA Trophy. He's had an interesting career!

Marshall was the most incredible shot-stopper but avoided challenging for high balls to an embarrassing degree.

Stephen Bywater.

Ron Healey for me. In my memory he seemed to be ever present for many years in the 70's - anyone have any stats for him?

Just watching the Rangers game and have to say I thought McGregor was a solid enough keeper for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    George Wood NQAT
    He had no hair but we didn’t care about that 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I was at that game too Paul, and that performance by McAllister is certainly the best I have seen, he was absolutely superb that day. If it had been on the TV it would have been classed at World Class. Also in the same season I saw Bill Irwin give a similar performance at Halifax as the home side battered us, but Mike England scored his only goal for the club and we got away with a 1-1 draw.
    If you are on about season '75/76 it's the home game v Halifax (September '75 or thereabouts) that sticks in my mind. Lowly Halifax were by far the better team that day. Ron Healey saved our blushes including saving a penalty at the Grange End of the ground. We looked hopeless and at that early stage of the season looked like mid table no hoppers, instead of the great team that ended up marching on to promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In my early days it the position was between Graham Vearncombe & Dilwyn John but the third ‘keeper at the club was Maurice Swan (a user’s name on here as well) who was regarded by many as better than both of them. I saw him play in the Combination many times, decent opposition in those days, and he always impressed me.
    Merci.....my own favourites.....beside Maurice Swan.....Dilwyn John, debut at 17 (those were the days...) and Fred Davies..then Bill Irwin...