+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Drakeford Welsh assembly first minister , labour

Mark Drakeford Welsh assembly first minister , labour

Not much charisma there , if he is leading labour into the 2021 assembly elections I worry we could have a tory Welsh government down the bay

The party needs shaking up big time

Re: Mark Drakeford Welsh assembly first minister , labour

Dai Corbyn is free soon ?

Plaid are targeting the 2021 Welsh Elections, they have been talking about it for ages now.

I lost all respect for Drakeford when he refused to come down to west Wales to meet the protestors who were demonstrating about the downgrading of the main hospital at Withybush. Pretty gutless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I lost all respect for Drakeford when he refused to come down to west Wales to meet the protestors who were demonstrating about the downgrading of the main hospital at Withybush. Pretty gutless.
    He's like corbyn , just doesn't come over as a leader , reminds me of a geography teacher , as does corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's like corbyn , just doesn't come over as a leader , reminds me of a geography teacher , as does corbyn
    He was an academic; a lecturer in social sciences for many years prior to being an A.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    He was an academic; a lecturer in social sciences for many years prior to being an A.M.
    He looks half asleep most of the time

I remember Drakeford foaming at the mouth during the election build up.

Pitchfork in hand, he was saying that Johnson was going to sell the NHS to Trump.

Firstly, it was Teresa May who had been having all sorts of trade negotiations with the US, which in view of Brexit you would expect.

As far I am aware, Trump doesn't own or have a majority share in Big Pharma in the States.

Labour and Drakeford knew the vast majority in the UK dislike Trump and was using his name to associate something that had nothing to do with Johnson and nothing to do with selling 'off' the NHS.

By the time we leave the EU and look at securing world wide trade deals, Trump may be impeached or may have lost the Presidential elections.

It was sensationalism by Drakeford, Labour and others who continued with this rhetoric and the vast majority saw through it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    I remember Drakeford foaming at the mouth during the election build up.

Pitchfork in hand, he was saying that Johnson was going to sell the NHS to Trump.

Firstly, it was Teresa May who had been having all sorts of trade negotiations with the US, which in view of Brexit you would expect.

As far I am aware, Trump doesn't own or have a majority share in Big Pharma in the States.

Labour and Drakeford knew the vast majority in the UK dislike Trump and was using his name to associate something that had nothing to do with Johnson and nothing to do with selling 'off' the NHS.

By the time we leave the EU and look at securing world wide trade deals, Trump may be impeached or may have lost the Presidential elections.

It was sensationalism by Drakeford, Labour and others who continued with this rhetoric and the vast majority saw through it.
    There is a documentary on ITV at 10:45 tonight on the privatisation of the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not much charisma there , if he is leading labour into the 2021 assembly elections I worry we could have a tory Welsh government down the bay

The party needs shaking up big time
    Plaid came within a 1,000 votes of winning Llanelli, Blaenau Gwent and Aberconwy last time as well as within 2,000 of Cardiff West and Caerphilly. They've been targeting 2021 for a while and could conceivably make gains

There's nowhere Labour can really target, but they're vulnerable to Plaid and the Tories all over the country. The Brexit Party could really help Plaid in the Valleys