+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The 'Nasty' messageboard.

The 'Nasty' messageboard.

.. because that's what this place has become. Riddled with a clique venting their spleens on politics, the same ones invariably finishing off a football thread that started good-humoured with vitriol and name-calling.

It's a shame, because it used to be a good place to come on board to talk our football club..

Re: The 'Nasty' messageboard.

**** off tory.

Are you a different A Quiet Monkfish to the one who two days ago called a 16 year old schoolgirl a creepy little kid from a horror film like the Exorcist or was that someone else venting their spleen on politics?

They vote for ***** like Thatcher and Johnson and don't like it when they get called out on it. They're afraid of a 16 year old girl on the autism spectrum and it makes them angry. Talk about Snowflakes.

Too many boards to keep track of mun.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    **** off tory.
    That's exactly what I mean.

The internet is a make-believe world where people who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life, hurl abuse like you just did - presumably to make them feel stronger and more assertive..

I've never met a Tory in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's exactly what I mean.

The internet is a make-believe world where people who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life, hurl abuse like you just did - presumably to make them feel stronger and more assertive..
    Why doe people always assume others wouldn’t “say boo to a ghost in real life” ?

What’s with that?

Are all people that say it super big and strong and can fight like a champion boxer? Assuming the person on the other end is completely helpless?

I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why doe people always assume others wouldn’t “say boo to a ghost in real life” ?

What’s with that?

Are all people that say it super big and strong and can fight like a champion boxer? Assuming the person on the other end is completely helpless?

I don’t get it.
    Careful, A Quiet Monkfish is famously hard

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Careful, A Quiet Monkfish is famously hard

I’ve probably rubbed loads of people up the wrong way on here due to not being particularly arsed about how I come across but I can still move on and get along with those people on another thread, if they allow it like..

I’ve said loads on here and wouldn’t shy away from saying it to someone either, what they gonna do? Lamp me for talking or repeating what I said on a messageboard? Really doubt it.

I’m not even famously hard either.

I'm famously hard after that comeback.

I think it’s probably a reflection of society now.

A couple of years ago one particular clique was so unbelievable, it resembled a WhatsApp group feed.

Been on here since probably 97 (Along with Sleeping Giant), and it’s the forum that I’m most comfortable with.
    Mickey V’s Facebook page is probably the best for constant regular City related chat though.

The R*d issue was big in losing posters and to see The Lone Gun Man posting on here again fairly regularly is great, and I hope that he and Sludge resurect their verbals 😀.

We all take a bit of time off for one reason or another, mine is usually not remembering my password...but we all lurk, at least I have.

It’s the only page that I will constantly look at on a daily basis.
    News, CCMB, then Social Media followed by Work Email.

I have a feeling that while it may not hit it’s halcyon days, this board is on an upswing.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I’ve probably rubbed loads of people up the wrong way on here due to not being particularly arsed about how I come across but I can still move on and get along with those people on another thread, if they allow it like..

I’ve said loads on here and wouldn’t shy away from saying it to someone either, what they gonna do? Lamp me for talking or repeating what I said on a messageboard? Really doubt it.

I’m not even famously hard either.
    No shit.....
    How many usernames you gone through now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think it’s probably a reflection of society now.

A couple of years ago one particular clique was so unbelievable, it resembled a WhatsApp group feed.

Been on here since probably 97 (Along with Sleeping Giant), and it’s the forum that I’m most comfortable with.
    Mickey V’s Facebook page is probably the best for constant regular City related chat though.

The R*d issue was big in losing posters and to see The Lone Gun Man posting on here again fairly regularly is great, and I hope that he and Sludge resurect their verbals ��.

We all take a bit of time off for one reason or another, mine is usually not remembering my password...but we all lurk, at least I have.

It’s the only page that I will constantly look at on a daily basis.
    News, CCMB, then Social Media followed by Work Email.

I have a feeling that while it may not hit it’s halcyon days, this board is on an upswing.
    I concur, been posting on here since it’s birth under one username only. Don’t take anything too seriously and respect other people’s opinions even if you think or know they are wrong. Life’s too short. I didn’t even know a new board had been set up by a bloke who lost it on this one....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No shit.....
    How many usernames you gone through now?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I concur, been posting on here since it’s birth under one username only. Don’t take anything too seriously and respect other people’s opinions even if you think or know they are wrong. Life’s too short. I didn’t even know a new board had been set up by a bloke who lost it on this one....
    I now have an image in my mind of Moggis giving birth to a message board......

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I've never met a Tory in real life.
    I've met far too many

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I've met far too many
    You're a very lucky man!!!