Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No we don't.
    No he doesn't.

Re: Voted labour

Another political thread yawnnnnnnnnnnn 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Another political thread yawnnnnnnnnnnn 🙄
    The title of the thread kind of gave that away, yet you still click on to complain about it?
    A bit like Eric the half bee who clicks on to every Rugby union thread to remind us of how much he hates it. Strange folk.
    I’m all for any subject under the sun to be discussed on the main board. It keeps everything together, and more posters comment on them.
    I detest cricket, so I never click on to a cricket thread. It’s really easy once you get your head around it 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The title of the thread kind of gave that away, yet you still click on to complain about it?
    A bit like Eric the half bee who clicks on to every Rugby union thread to remind us of how much he hates it. Strange folk.
    I’m all for any subject under the sun to be discussed on the main board. It keeps everything together, and more posters comment on them.
    I detest cricket, so I never click on to a cricket thread. It’s really easy once you get your head around it 👍
    Because we have a board for politics. We don't have a board for everything else. And dare I say most people have had politics up to here. This is a football message board. Stick your politics where it belongs.

Because we have a board for politics. We don't have a board for everything else. And dare I say most people have had politics up to here. This is a football message board. Stick your politics where it belongs.
    Don't click on it, it's so...it's just so easy not to click on it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't click on it, it's so...it's just so easy not to click on it
    I agree.
    If people dont like politics dont click on it.

Its a bit of fun man ,chill out

If this board was solely for football there wouldn’t have been a single post for a while under Warnock, there was no football

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Follow City and Glamorgan.
    I need help
    Found out this morning that more people voted labour than any other party.

Democracy heh?

[QUOTE=Forest Green Bluebird;5030111]Found out this morning that more people voted labour than any other party.

Democracy heh?[/QUOTE

Wrong: 45% Conservative; 32% Labour. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50779901

Don't be in denial of the election result and be deluded by some of those who represented Labour.

Labours manifesto was good but the media done a number on Corbyn and the rest is history as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Labours manifesto was good but the media done a number on Corbyn and the rest is history as they say.
    Parts of it were good but there were far too many giveaways to be plausible. A scaled back manifesto with privatising just the railways, not spending £58bn for the WASPI women (included after the manifesto was published), expenditure on eliminating student fees and getting rid of some of the nonsensical claims that the Tories would charge £5000 for NHS charges for childbirth and £10000 for a cancer operations, the ridiculous positioning on BREXIT etc would have made Labour more believable but at the end of the day people did not trust Corbyn. Labour need a radical rethink and should avoid at all costs appointing one of Corbyn's lieutenants as his replacement. My vote would go to Lisa Nandy.

As for the media nobody can deny that they had plenty of things to criticise Corbyn for such as his past record on security, defence and apparent friendship with undesirables. Johnson is no paragon of virtue either as the media have pointed out but the electorate have clearly decided he is the least worst of the two options.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Found out this morning that more people voted labour than any other party.

Democracy heh?
    Thats not true

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Parts of it were good but there were far too many giveaways to be plausible. A scaled back manifesto with privatising just the railways, not spending £58bn for the WASPI women (included after the manifesto was published), expenditure on eliminating student fees and getting rid of some of the nonsensical claims that the Tories would charge £5000 for NHS charges for childbirth and £10000 for a cancer operations, the ridiculous positioning on BREXIT etc would have made Labour more believable but at the end of the day people did not trust Corbyn. Labour need a radical rethink and should avoid at all costs appointing one of Corbyn's lieutenants as his replacement. My vote would go to Lisa Nandy.

As for the media nobody can deny that they had plenty of things to criticise Corbyn for such as his past record on security, defence and apparent friendship with undesirables. Johnson is no paragon of virtue either as the media have pointed out but the electorate have clearly decided he is the least worst of the two options.

https://twitter.com/Miatsf/status/1206625707570483202
    Apparently Corbyn won the Ghandi international peace award in 2013, the Seán MacBride Peace Prize in 2017,he chaired the Stop the War Coalition from 2011 to 2015 and been in loads of anti fascist and anti racist movements, I know its only my opinion but I think the electorate in England has chosen the wrong one and i'm a Plaid supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Miatsf/status/1206625707570483202
    Apparently Corbyn won the Ghandi international peace award in 2013, the Seán MacBride Peace Prize in 2017,he chaired the Stop the War Coalition from 2011 to 2015 and been in loads of anti fascist and anti racist movements, I know its only my opinion but I think the electorate in England has chosen the wrong one and i'm a Plaid supporter.
    I suggest you read this article:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/09/18...curity-threat/

To summarise:

"......................the Labour leader has no problem with authoritarian regimes that oppress both their own population and those in countries where they are active, so long as they are led by authoritarians he deems anti-imperialist.But the reality would be different—as Corbyn’s own history shows, the Labour leader has no problem with authoritarian regimes that oppress both their own population and those in countries where they are active, so long as they are led by authoritarians he deems anti-imperialist. His valid criticisms of Saudi Arabia are not matched by any criticism of Iran or the actions of its proxy forces in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon. In terms of Venezuela, he supported the Nicolás Maduro regime with no regard for the over 3 million people who have fled the country since 2014 or the repeated claims of torture by the regime’s police force. In Syria, again he has backed the Bashar al-Assad regime with no concern for the 12 million Syrians who either are internally displaced or have fled the country.
    Equally, Corbyn, his supporters, and his officials have readily repeated arguments from pro-Kremlin news outlets such as Sputnik and RT. This includes providing support for Russia’s claims about its actions in Georgia, Crimea, and eastern Ukraine as well as in Syria. When Russian agents were accused of using nerve agent to poison a former Russian spy, Sergei Skripal, and his daughter in the U.K., his advisors repeated all the claims made on RT about possible British involvement in the attack. When presented with evidence, Corbyn demanded it be shared with the Kremlin, and when the firm evidence of Russian involvement was presented, many of his supporters continued to repeat the arguments made by RT on behalf of Moscow.

In Corbyn’s worldview, if you are the victim of a regime or movement he supports, then you have no right to his sympathy. The claims of regimes such as Russia and Iran are treated seriously, while any claim by a Western power he deems imperialist, especially the United States, is treated with deep skepticism. In effect, this is not an ethical reworking of British foreign policy—it is a stark exercise of Cold War politics, just with a different set of friends and enemies."

Duplicate post removed
    Last edited by Vindec; 16-12-19 at 20:18. Reason: Repeat Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Lisa nandy seconded

Out of those mentioned it would have to be Lisa Nandy for me as well. They vote in another hard left leader then they may as well give Boris 10 years now.