+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3-0 And You ****ed it up...

3-0 And You ****ed it up...

Or maybe it was us that got it wrong. 3-0 down and we decide to come out and play. It was the same against Brentford and to a lesser degree, Barnsley. That's three time where we've put ourselves in very difficult positions due to the tactics. Harris has to realise that we struggle to defend and can't play on the break. I'm very happy with the point and really pleased for Glatzel. The goal scored by Tomlin could only be done by a select amount of players, total vision, a thing of pure beauty. As happy as i am though, we can't keep on going behind before we start pressing higher up the pitch and take small risks. Over to the manager.

Re: 3-0 And You ****ed it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Or maybe it was us that got it wrong. 3-0 down and we decide to come out and play. It was the same against Brentford and to a lesser degree, Barnsley. That's three time where we've put ourselves in very difficult positions due to the tactics. Harris has to realise that we struggle to defend and can't play on the break. I'm very happy with the point and really pleased for Glatzel. The goal scored by Tomlin could only be done by a select amount of players, total vision, a thing of pure beauty. As happy as i am though, we can't keep on going behind before we start pressing higher up the pitch and take small risks. Over to the manager.
    This is so true

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This is so true
    I don't want to come across as to critical, i was well happy with the result against a very good Leeds side. I just don't understand the tactics that Harris is attempting. We can't keep offering teams on, we can't defend very well, surely he can see that.

I don't want to come across as to critical, i was well happy with the result against a very good Leeds side. I just don't understand the tactics that Harris is attempting. We can't keep offering teams on, we can't defend very well, surely he can see that.
    Just got back (one of the benefits of living in Leeds). How he thought that having Flint and Morrison as a partnership, plus Ralls, Vaulks, Pack and Tomlin in midfield was a good idea, God only knows. When we started playing, or even attacked in the first half we created chances.

Fair play to him for engineering the comeback, and it was a special effort from the players. They've got the ability to be a handful but the first 60 minutes they played with the handbrake on. Some of the clearances went absolutely nowhere and it was aimless. We played with a real purpose when Tomlin scored and they had no answer. We rode our luck but you're going to need it 3-0 down, and I think it was an extremely soft pen (I could be wrong, I was 75 yards away!).

One of the great comebacks, a great result and something to build on but definitely lessons to be learnt. We also have to leave more men back for corners, we're so slow we can't stop breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Just got back (one of the benefits of living in Leeds). How he thought that having Flint and Morrison as a partnership, plus Ralls, Vaulks, Pack and Tomlin in midfield was a good idea, God only knows. When we started playing, or even attacked in the first half we created chances.

Fair play to him for engineering the comeback, and it was a special effort from the players. They've got the ability to be a handful but the first 60 minutes they played with the handbrake on. Some of the clearances went absolutely nowhere and it was aimless. We played with a real purpose when Tomlin scored and they had no answer. We rode our luck but you're going to need it 3-0 down, and I think it was an extremely soft pen (I could be wrong, I was 75 yards away!).

One of the great comebacks, a great result and something to build on but definitely lessons to be learnt. We also have to leave more men back for corners, we're so slow we can't stop breaks.
    We can't defend.

We can't defend.
    Just watched the highlights, Leeds weren’t exactly masters of Helenio Herrera’s catenaccio either

We can't defend.
    We cannot. There's been some nice things written about Ben White but his defending in that game left a lot to be desired.

We really need to sort this out though, I think we need at least 3 new faces in the back 4 and 1 in front of them!

Watched the game on a stream and we were awful for the first hour or so, brilliant comeback but why start with Morrison and Flint when it's already been proved that they can't play together, why start with Ward? Stevie Wonder could see that he's an impact player at best
    Nelson with Morrison at the back and we looked more solid, Whyte and Glatzel up front and we looked a real threat
    If we play Morrison, Flint and Nelson together with two wing backs
    Then fair enough but to keep trying things that have been proved not to work ???????

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Watched the game on a stream and we were awful for the first hour or so, brilliant comeback but why start with Morrison and Flint when it's already been proved that they can't play together, why start with Ward? Stevie Wonder could see that he's an impact player at best
    Nelson with Morrison at the back and we looked more solid, Whyte and Glatzel up front and we looked a real threat
    If we play Morrison, Flint and Nelson together with two wing backs
    Then fair enough but to keep trying things that have been proved not to work ???????
    Because Tan’s picking the team that’s why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    This statement needs to be fact checked!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Master stroke by Vincent putting Glatzel on👍

I read it from his early interviews that we would be pressing higher up the pitch, so it’s left me baffled why we don’t play like it from the off.

You are spot on in everything else you said too.