+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kevin Ratcliffe

Re: Kevin Ratcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Neil Kinnock was in the seats to our left, the fighting was on the right
    I know, wasn't there a seating area to the right (where the fighting started) above the terrace?

Hard to interpret who he calling a liar!!!

Could be me, could be the post he’s copied!

It’s left to interpretation
    You should never assume.

I’m sure you’d love to call in the Canton Pub on Saturday and call JM a liar to his face.

He is not a Hooligan by the way
    Where have i called your mate a liar? someone is talking bollocks as is the usual thing with shit like this. It doesn't really matter, does it. There were a load of pissed up arseholes there that day. Cut out the tough guy bollocks as well, it doesn't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Where have i called your mate a liar? someone is talking bollocks as is the usual thing with shit like this. It doesn't really matter, does it. There were a load of pissed up arseholes there that day. Cut out the tough guy bollocks as well, it doesn't suit you.

The intimidation tactics were poor weren’t they.

Can imagine it now

Tit “eh mate I’ve been name dropping you on the internet to look ard and some blokes called you a liar, he’s coming here before the Preston game to say it to your face”

I’m guessing he wouldn’t be interested in the slightest that another person has a different opinion, I am almost certain nothing would come of it either.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

The intimidation tactics were poor weren’t they.

Can imagine it now

Tit “eh mate I’ve been name dropping you on the internet to look ard and some blokes called you a liar, he’s coming here before the Preston game to say it to your face”

I’m guessing he wouldn’t be interested in the slightest that another person has a different opinion, I am almost certain nothing would come of it either.

Weird.

I'm not even calling his mate a liar. Maybe the bloke i know is talking shit, who knows? It was 26 years ago. The main issue here is that City fans decided to jump the fence and Ratcliffe called some of them arseholes, i agree with him, TIT doesn't, that's it, isn't it?

I'm not even calling his mate a liar. Maybe the bloke i know is talking shit, who knows? It was 26 years ago. The main issue here is that City fans decided to jump the fence and Ratcliffe called some of them arseholes, i agree with him, TIT doesn't, that's it, isn't it?
    You’d think so wouldn’t you..

I know, i was there. I've no reason not to believe Biuetit when he said that the turnstiles were closed 10 minutes before kick off, what i do find odd is that the police would've told City fans to go in with the Fulham fans. The person i know who was in the Fulham end fighting told me that they went in purposely, he may be talking shit, who knows. Wasn't there a seated section for city fans in the same stand where it had kicked off? The fighting broke out on the terracing below the seated area, maybe that's where City fans should've been directed.

I think that Ratcliffe was referring to the City fans that scaled the 8 ft fence in order to join in with the fighting. The incident caused the game to stop and the players were taken from the pitch, can't blame him for being frustrated by that as we did have alot of pissed up arseholes there that day.
    I was there too. Drove down from Nottingham with a scouse mate who was an Everton fan.
    Had got him pissed the night before and persuaded him it was a good idea 😂

As we came off the motorway it seemed every pub was spilling out City fans into the streets.

He couldn’t believe it 😂

When we were queuing outside it was clear things were going to get naughty. Police horses trying to control the crowd, so I made the executive decision to go in the Grandstand by the river.

Had a great view of the rucking and pitch invasion without getting dragged into it.

Lots of City fans in the stand too - including Neil Kinnock.

IIRC we won well and we left thinking it was a great start to a season and we could be ‘up there’.

Bit wrong on that one. 😂

On the way back Jimmy Hill was saying we should be banned and Kinnock was sticking up for us.

What a day, and my Everton mate had a great time and said he’d never seen anything like it 😂

Hmmm...I've spoken to two of the people who were in with the Fulham fans that day ,(there was about six of them) and they told me that they had volunteered to go in on the terracing not been told to by the police, if that was the case then surely there would have been more than a handful? Also, let's just say that none of them were saints.

What happened was that the city fans that were in with the Fulham fans started kicking off, a big gap opened up and fulham weren't really interested. Then, the main set of city fans behind the goal decided to jump the fences and go to their assistance, police on horses were called, players were removed from the pitch and Eddie may had to come out with a microphone to calm the city fans down. There was at least a twenty minute delay. No fault at all from the Fulham fans, it was purely down to a load of our own pissed up 'arsehole' fans, Ratcliffe had a point.

It must've unsettled Fulham as I think that we ran out 3-1 winners with blakey scoring a superb free kick.
    Think it was a few more than 6 Dan. There’s a photo some with about 12-15 walking across the pitch to the away end. Plus the ones arrested .

Could well be that there were some in there who wanted trouble and some who didn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Think it was a few more than 6 Dan. There’s a photo some with about 12-15 walking across the pitch to the away end. Plus the ones arrested .

Could well be that there were some in there who wanted trouble and some who didn’t
    you could well be right. 26 years ago that game, drove up in my ford fiesta. Blakey scored a wonder free kick and i think that Tony Bird got one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    your version is spot on tone i was diverted to that enclosure by the old bill as they shut the away end turnstyles. fulham started the fighting and cardiff finished it. there was also the intervention of neil kinnock that day plus the ramblings of jimmy hill in the press after. i went to exeter the following tuesday and there were two coppers to every city fan as they were expecting another fulham like invasion
    I went to Port Vale in the next away game in the league and they had horses lined up in front of the away end after the match ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

A load went over the fence to join them and were then led back to the away end.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I went to Port Vale in the next away game in the league and they had horses lined up in front of the away end after the match ffs
    During the match if I remember correctly, straight after Nathan Blake scored.

I’m sure you’d love to call in the Canton Pub on Saturday and call JM a liar to his face.

He is not a Hooligan by the way
    Aren't you a pensioner? Acting like a teenage hooligan ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Aren't you a pensioner? Acting like a teenage hooligan ffs

just get yourself into the canton on saturday fella and if you want some you can have some

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    During the match if I remember correctly, straight after Nathan Blake scored.
    Thought they brought them out after the final whistle as well. It was over 26 years ago mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    just get yourself into the canton on saturday fella and if you want some you can have some