+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Welsh - many of you

Fake Welsh - many of you

First off- great come back at Leeds. Tomlin. Ace.
    This week ,an experiment in trying to get a feel for our political feelings. A few posts from me trying to get at others' true feelings about our country.
    An eye opener really.
    I can't believe the hiprocracy . Come June 2020 everyone will be kissing the badge. But in reality, we aren't a nation at all. We accept our downtrodden situation but think it's ok to play up our patriotism when a sports team is successful.
    Utterly pathetic. What a joke.
    Ich dien my arse.

Re: Fake Welsh - many of you

Ich Dien? The German motto of the crest of the Prince of Wales. It's hard to think of something less welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    First off- great come back at Leeds. Tomlin. Ace.
    This week ,an experiment in trying to get a feel for our political feelings. A few posts from me trying to get at others' true feelings about our country.
    An eye opener really.
    I can't believe the hiprocracy . Come June 2020 everyone will be kissing the badge. But in reality, we aren't a nation at all. We accept our downtrodden situation but think it's ok to play up our patriotism when a sports team is successful.
    Utterly pathetic. What a joke.
    Ich dien my arse.
    So independent independence or independence to Brussels?

The Anglo's want to be one of us Penywaun gentrified, they even call themselves British, the occupied territories has been overrun for centuries and centuries, come 2020 what would you like to see happen ? - we get Britannia back ?, Wales declares independence and we give up on the occupied territories ?, the Anglo's go back to Moenchengladbach ?
    What do we do about Cardiff and Swansea - Owain Glyndwr burned them down to the ground, what about our Monarchy do we have them back obviously I don't mean this Germanic crowd but one of our own or do we go as a republic ?
    What do we do about America we discovered it first after all did the Red Indians rule it all ?, a common thing is we don't teach Welsh history in school and I think we should but would that radicalise the population ?, politically aren't we borderline communists but haven't people been brainwashed not to entertain such ideas, how can we reverse that ?

As regards the election could it be short term pain for long term gain ?, the Tory majority will not go down well in the Celtic lands, Scotland pulled out of Europe against their wishes to breakaway from the UK and N.Ireland to become part of a united Ireland, if an independent Scotland and an independent Ireland are perceived to be doing better than Wales and England then at that point then Wales might seek to go independent and we will be independent and free of perpetual right wing Westminster rule.
    So it might not be all bad down the line Penywaun gentrified.

The thing is Penywaun gentrified the population in the main know no better as they are politically and historically illiterate but what do you think can be done to encourage change ? [assuming the population wants change even if they were better informed].

So what are your thoughts on Cardiff City playing in the English pyramid system?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    So what are your thoughts on Cardiff City playing in the English pyramid system?
    Don’t get him started on Ashley

England is seen by some as the occupied territories insider and many regard it as ours, being Welsh and being an Ancient Briton are synonymous with each other and of course it never was the English football pyramid it was the football league which encompassed teams from Wales and England so the bluebirds have every right to play in it, shame its English only officials mind officiating a Welsh team against an English team, it was the same in the football league, some would see it as things stacked against the Welsh teams but there you go.

The tragedy is, I don't think we have it in us to change things. Too many of us accept the situation. Many more don't understand the situation. Many do but are happy and see themselves as British rather than Welsh, which is fair enough. Media influence is a massive barrier to a balanced discussion. Personally, given the political reality of where we are, I'd hope for a fairer distribution of investment and funding to start with. Until enough of us speak up about this it won't happen. Scotland gets a better deal because they demand it. We don't and accept it. The next 5 years may see our treatment worsen.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    England is seen by some as the occupied territories insider and many regard it as ours, being Welsh and being an Ancient Briton are synonymous with each other and of course it never was the English football pyramid it was the football league which encompassed teams from Wales and England so the bluebirds have every right to play in it, shame its English only officials mind officiating a Welsh team against an English team, it was the same in the football league, some would see it as things stacked against the Welsh teams but there you go.
    You keep telling yourself that if it fits your narrative.
    Nationality is an accident of birth and I am an example of that.
    My dad is from London and my mother is from Cardiff. My sister was born in London but my mother became very homesick so my parents came back to Cardiff. I'd imagine if we stayed up there I'd feel English and would probably be supporting QPR.
    As it is I feel Welsh and have Supported Cardiff City for the last 47 years since my first game.

What an exquisite goal by Tomlin ,what a comeback, reminded me of the old Warnock come backs.

I'm Welsh first and a very proud Brit, think it comes from my grandparents , some fought in two world wars others were blitzed out of London.

Half were Welsh the other Londerners all proudly British.

Around the world Britishness is treasured.

As a Welsh country I've seen it grow from old steel and coal days into a modern vibrant country , I guess thats down to the people of Wales responding to change and the investment of Westminster into Wales , I don't think we could have changed easily just relying on self goverment or independence.

Yes it could be better, however that can be said of most things in life as we always crave more , its easy to criticise , not so easy to fix.

If that makes me fake Welsh so be it, i genreally dislike nationalist and sectarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    So independent independence or independence to Brussels?
    Welsh Internationalism.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    No tract of the world belongs to any tribe of people who migrated from elsewhere. Red lines on maps are man-made and we are all mongrels. The Celts emanated from mainland Europe just as the Angles, Saxons, Danes, Normans, Jutes, Hugenots did (and I must be far from alone in finding out from a recent DNA test that I have many of those components).
    Nationalism usually involves its proponents projecting a particular snapshot in time and which is often idealised. The average farm labourer through time had more in common with his peers in other states, statelets, principalities and empires than his overlords who imposed their own flags, standards and tithes on them.

It is a huge pity that Welsh culture was suppressed in the past but its history now and I do think that the Scots do emphasise the future of their country than the Welsh do. It seems to me that many of the latter seem to dwell on Anti-Englishness instead. Re-iterating endlessly the 25% English population in Wales serves little purpose at a time when we live in a multi-ethnic society.
    (I hope to go to Argentina next year and it's not without irony that there are both Welsh and Spanish speakers in a land that was once the domain of so-called native people who migrated from Asia.)

I'm all for appreciating and promoting Welsh culture and I appreciate how Welsh-speakers (who I admire enormously) can be so defensive - but I think that some of them do their cause a disservice by being so selective, skewed and parochial. In my humble opinion, it would be a better course of action to project positivity than a chip on the shoulder.

I should add that something that I call 'Zulu' syndrome amuses me. Some Welsh people idealising facets of Welsh culture whilst forgetting that the Welsh soldiers concerned were wiping out Africans in the name of the British Empire.

Swedish great grandfather, born in England married to English lady, apologies but I'll be cheering on the Welsh team June 2020 from the comfort of my arm chair. Great comeback yesterday
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don’t get him started on Ashley
    No, go on, get him started !

You'd think people would have realised by now that insulting others who don't share your opinion is not the best way to get them to change their minds

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No tract of the world belongs to any tribe of people who migrated from elsewhere. Red lines on maps are man-made and we are all mongrels. The Celts emanated from mainland Europe just as the Angles, Saxons, Danes, Normans, Jutes, Hugenots did (and I must be far from alone in finding out from a recent DNA test that I have many of those components).
    Nationalism usually involves its proponents projecting a particular snapshot in time and which is often idealised. The average farm labourer through time had more in common with his peers in other states, statelets, principalities and empires than his overlords who imposed their own flags, standards and tithes on them.

It is a huge pity that Welsh culture was suppressed in the past but its history now and I do think that the Scots do emphasise the future of their country than the Welsh do. It seems to me that many of the latter seem to dwell on Anti-Englishness instead. Re-iterating endlessly the 25% English population in Wales serves little purpose at a time when we live in a multi-ethnic society.
    (I hope to go to Argentina next year and it's not without irony that there are both Welsh and Spanish speakers in a land that was once the domain of so-called native people who migrated from Asia.)

I'm all for appreciating and promoting Welsh culture and I appreciate how Welsh-speakers (who I admire enormously) can be so defensive - but I think that some of them do their cause a disservice by being so selective, skewed and parochial. In my humble opinion, it would be a better course of action to project positivity than a chip on the shoulder.

I should add that something that I call 'Zulu' syndrome amuses me. Some Welsh people idealising facets of Welsh culture whilst forgetting that the Welsh soldiers concerned were wiping out Africans in the name of the British Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    No, go on, get him started !
    Mike Ashley? He can stick his Sports Direct up his arse! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Mike Ashley? He can stick his Sports Direct up his arse! ��
    We’re on about 50p head! (You knew that).
    See his miss yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown xBlue View Post
    We’re on about 50p head! (You knew that).
    See his miss yesterday?
    Yeah it was crap, but he's still better than that cock from Newcastle 😁

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    You keep telling yourself that if it fits your narrative.
    Nationality is an accident of birth and I am an example of that.
    My dad is from London and my mother is from Cardiff. My sister was born in London but my mother became very homesick so my parents came back to Cardiff. I'd imagine if we stayed up there I'd feel English and would probably be supporting QPR.
    As it is I feel Welsh and have Supported Cardiff City for the last 47 years since my first game.
    100% nationality is an accident of birth, anybody that has a connection to Wales including living here that regards themselves as Welsh is Welsh as far as I am concerned.
    The Bluebirds have as much right to play in what is now described as the English pyramid as any team from the other side of Offa's Dyke.

I am quite impressed that someone can work out how Welsh posters on this board are by quoting mediaeval German slogans at 2.15 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    :tbg:

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

Good post!