+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So, what did I miss while I was watching Cardiff City’s Youth Cup match?

So, what did I miss while I was watching Cardiff City’s Youth Cup match?

Re: So, what did I miss while I was watching Cardiff City’s Youth Cup match?

I think Murphy has made up his mind that he's not interested in fighting for a place in the side. Smithies was unlucky to lose his place when Etheridge was fit. Etheridge currently reminds me of Marshall in his last season with us - you never really expect him to save those 50/50's..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think Murphy has made up his mind that he's not interested in fighting for a place in the side. Smithies was unlucky to lose his place when Etheridge was fit. Etheridge currently reminds me of Marshall in his last season with us - you never really expect him to save those 50/50's..
    Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

And Nelson nearly lost his place in the same manner to Morrison. Only Flint coming off gave the player that had done nothing wrong a place on the pitch. Now Flint is potentially injured and Mozza is banned.

Cracking decision to swap out a player doing nothing wrong...

I think this attitude towards the old guard/favourites is still happening.

Etheridge looks nervy , he pushed the ball into the path of a Leeds player just after we equalised , luckily the guy bundled it out for a goal kick .
    There were a couple of instances on Saturday where he didnt look his usual assured self .
    Smithies started very nervous when he got his chance but had settled down some what before Etheridge regained his place .Hopefully competition for the goalkeepers position will push them both on.