Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
I thought that the ideas in the manifesto were really good as well. If maybe one in three of those ideas had been presented this time around by a more credible leader, things may have turned out differently.

Blaming the press is like living in Wales and moaning about the rain.
I agree with this.

You can't promise to give 'everything' for free and by the end, Corbyn was throwing away freebies like a cheap plate seller down Porthcawl.

So many people felt he, McDonnell and Abbott would have bankrupt the country.

Corbynista's can shout and scream that that is rubbish, but the electorate has given them an absolute thrashing.

People didn't trust those three, or Corbynism as far as they could throw them. Look at the vile Laura Pidcock, seen as a future leader of Labour.
Voted out of North West Durham.
Bring back the likes of her at your peril.
There is NO place for the likes of her in modern politics.

Finally, democracy and the electorate won the day.

It was a monumental experience and I am so proud of the British people who voted for Democracy.
Something that Parliament and the Supreme Court did their best to reject.

This has restored my faith in the Great British public to vote with the integrity, that so many of our Parliamentarians seem to lack.

I hope this election is a watershed moment in British politics, whereby the parties actually listen to the electorate, instead of being such self serving, arrogant MP's.

The public has spoken.
Listen.
Learn.
Let's have better opposition.
Let's have better politics.

Let's have a better future.