+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lisa Nandy , worth a punt as next labour leader

Lisa Nandy , worth a punt as next labour leader

Highly intelligent young woman,moderate , would appeal to the middle ground needed to win an election and has no links to corbyn ........which is vital

Re: Lisa Nandy , worth a punt as next labour leader

Just had a quick look at her wiki page, agree with your wisdom

Wouldn't it be lovely if Labour embraced the value of a woman leader in these modern times. So many have been past over .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wouldn't it be lovely if Labour embraced the value of a woman leader in these modern times. So many have been past over .
    I'm all for womens rights and equal opportunities but possibly the best candidate and favourite [when I last looked anyway] is a man.

Starmer ? He's tainted by his association with corbyn even though he was sidelined in the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Starmer ? He's tainted by his association with corbyn even though he was sidelined in the campaign
    Why tainted what has Corbyn done that is wrong ?, you do know Boris and the nasty party is on the other side of the equation don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Why tainted what has Corbyn done that is wrong ?, you do know Boris and the nasty party is on the other side of the equation don't you.
    Indeed and in order to challenge them we need to purge the party of corbyn and momentum

Or we will be forever in opposition

Highly intelligent young woman,moderate , would appeal to the middle ground needed to win an election and has no links to corbyn ........which is vital
    pervert

I'm all for womens rights and equal opportunities but possibly the best candidate and favourite [when I last looked anyway] is a man.
    Labour has had a few best candidates over the years Harriet Harman would have been a great choice , and would have beaten Boris easily.

The Guardian's take on the possible candidates (although I think they have missed out 2-3 names):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ers-and-riders

Sadly Diane Abbott has made the decision not to stand

Thank Christ for that

Sadly Diane Abbott has made the decision not to stand

Thank Christ for that
    Er, no. I rather think you need to thank some of her colleagues who have politely suggested that she does not put her name forward. This is the night of the long knives for the Labour party so I suspect some pretty brutal words are being said off camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Er, no. I rather think you need to thank some of her colleagues who have politely suggested that she does not put her name forward. This is the night of the long knives for the Labour party so I suspect some pretty brutal words are being said off camera!
    There may be some truth in that but I think the bucketfuls of racist and misogynistic abuse she has suffered for 4 years may also be a reason. I don't rate her (haven't since the hypocrisy over her son's education) and she has made some howlers even if her health or medication is a partial explanation. But she doesn't deserve her treatment - on line and from some of her so called colleagues like Jess Philips (who can be very selective in her feminist stances). She has not been as incompetent as many claim, although not impressive either, but I guess Corbyn didn't want to give her up in the face of abuse and he had a very small pool of supportive MPs to rely on - so she stayed.

There were 209 women MPs in Parliament before the election (220 now) and Diane Abbott had more online abuse than the other 208 combined. Some of that is due to her political position and role in the Corbyn shadow cabinet - but even a casual glance at some of it makes clear that most of it was down to her race and gender. She would not be elected leader by the Labour membership, but I'm sure she just wants to get out of the firing line.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There may be some truth in that but I think the bucketfuls of racist and misogynistic abuse she has suffered for 4 years may also be a reason. I don't rate her (haven't since the hypocrisy over her son's education) and she has made some howlers even if her health or medication is a partial explanation. But she doesn't deserve her treatment - on line and from some of her so called colleagues like Jess Philips (who can be very selective in her feminist stances). She has not been as incompetent as many claim, although not impressive either, but I guess Corbyn didn't want to give her up in the face of abuse and he had a very small pool of supportive MPs to rely on - so she stayed.

There were 209 women MPs in Parliament before the election (220 now) and Diane Abbott had more online abuse than the other 208 combined. Some of that is due to her political position and role in the Corbyn shadow cabinet - but even a casual glance at some of it makes clear that most of it was down to her race and gender. She would not be elected leader by the Labour membership, but I'm sure she just wants to get out of the firing line.
    Race and gender abuse aside , which was disgraceful , she was completely hopeless

Absolutely hopeless.

It certainly is I hope we get rid of any links to corbyn

Absolutely hopeless.
    She's got principles she took a back seat when corbyn was elected

Some would say she was a portent of the impending doom

Lisa Nandy V. Emily Threebellies would be an interesting match up in a nude jelly wrestling contest.

Nandy is tainted on a number of fronts, particularly for wangling an enormous amount of expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Lisa Nandy V. Emily Threebellies would be an interesting match up in a nude jelly wrestling contest.

Nandy is tainted on a number of fronts, particularly for wangling an enormous amount of expenses.
    Everyone's got history

I used to be a woman

Race and gender abuse aside , which was disgraceful , she was completely hopeless
    Exactly this.

As you say Sludge, the racist and gender abuse was disgraceful.

However, she also played it for everything she could.

She is also a racist and misandrist (female version of misogynist, but towards males)

She's a vile and odious human being, irrespective of gender or race, as is David Lammy, Laura Pidcock and Richard Burgon.

Labour desperately need to dissociate themselves from these people.

She'd struggle to hold a job in Asda.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Exactly this.

As you say Sludge, the racist and gender abuse was disgraceful.

However, she also played it for everything she could.

She is also a racist and misandrist (female version of misogynist, but towards males)

She's a vile and odious human being, irrespective of gender or race, as is David Lammy, Laura Pidcock and Richard Burgon.

Labour desperately need to dissociate themselves from these people.
    How did this great party fall into this dreadful state. Its very sad .