+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the "RED CARD" be appealed

Will the "RED CARD" be appealed

Just wondering.

Re: Will the "RED CARD" be appealed

Neil Harris said it would be yesterday and my initial reaction was it was the sort of decision a homer ref would make (I.e. a Leeds centreback would not have been sent off if he made the same challenge) but, having slept on it, I'm not sure about that any more - I reckon any appeal would fail and then you run the risk of a further one game on top for it being frivolous.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Harris said it would be yesterday and my initial reaction was it was the sort of decision a homer ref would make (I.e. a Leeds centreback would not have been sent off if he made the same challenge) but, having slept on it, I'm not sure about that any more - I reckon any appeal would fail and then you run the risk of a further one game on top for it being frivolous.
    was it a straight red?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    was it a straight red?
    No, a yellow.
    Replays show it was not high like the commentator suggested, just late.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think I agree with you. It would have been a yellow card if a Leeds player made the same late challenge, but red is not so obviously wrong that it will be overturned. I read a number of Leeds blogs and match threads yesterday and a lot of them thought the red card was harsh - and also were embarrassed by the 'cheap' penalty that they got when Bamford threw himself over Etheridge!

An example:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...ed/news/51485/

Neil Harris mentioned in his post match comments that he felt it was not a red card.

Morrison was given a straight red for a lunging challenge on Eddie Nketiah which you can see again 1 min 20 seconds into the video below.

C:WindowsTempphp9C9.tmp
    Morrison (out of image) shown a red card

Speaking after the game Neil Harris said: "The referee has given a red card that I can't see at all. But the boys have shown great character. To be three down and come back is testament to the players, although you can’t keep giving good teams these chances and shoot yourselves in the foot.

Will appeal the red card. Not dangerous. Late because Nketiah’s quicker. Reckless or dangerous, no."

If the red card stands Morrison will miss the next three games meaning he won't be available until the New years Day fixture at QPR.

I didn't think it was a straight red considering it happened right out on the wing but my biggest gripe was the penalty soft as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No, a yellow.
    Replays show it was not high like the commentator suggested, just late.
    If the challenge wasn't high (and i can't tell if it was) then it should've been a yellow, it it was high, then see you..

I'm of the opinion that if a player puts himself in a position where they run the risk of being sent off then tough shit, even if that's one of our own players, The Etheridge penalty looked soft although he made no contact with the ball (from my position) therefore he only has himself to blame, players have to get these things right and they know that.

It's a yellow and nothing more for me.

At first it looked a reckless challenge but looking at a replay, the ball seems to stop suddenly, getting stuck on a wet patch.
    It meant that the winger knocked the ball earlier than he would have had the pitch been true.
    Morrison's timing of the tackle would more than likely have been good had this been the case.

I would appeal it and risk the extra game ban as we seemed to do okay whilst he was out injured anyway (ssuming Flint is okay of course).

There were two similar challenges in the Wolves v Spurs game, both tackles on the same attacking Wolves player and both Spurs players only got a yellow card each .

Rob Phillips just confirmed on Twitter
    Tomlin not suspended
    Flint has grown strain that is being assessed
    Morrie’s red card is being appealed.

I agree that challenges in the Wolves game were similar to Morrie’s..

Didn’t Brighton get a man sent off for one that was late and nothing more against us last year? Looked worse than it was etc.

I get Mozza’s not maliciously jumped in, and he’s been unlucky with the bounce but maybe it’s a lesson in NOT jumping in?

Then again, thinking about it, he should have got a red earlier for that daft effort of a moustache

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Then again, thinking about it, he should have got a red earlier for that daft effort of a moustache
    He’s definitely won the bet!

No way thats being over turned. It looks bad because it is bad. Hes dived in studs showing straight onto the ankle. Its lucky the foot wasnt planted as thats a leg breaker.

I thought Bennet was lucky not to give away a penalty early on .
    I think the crowd got to the referee, penalty was soft as was the sending off. I watched the gae with Leeds supporters and they felt the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I thought Bennet was lucky not to give away a penalty early on .
    I think the crowd got to the referee, penalty was soft as was the sending off. I watched the gae with Leeds supporters and they felt the same.
    I thought Bennett got the ball in that incident. The ball deflected out to the right when he made the tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought Bennett got the ball in that incident. The ball deflected out to the right when he made the tackle.
    It was extremely marginal though. The ref was rattled by the crowd and could have given it .

I thought it was a red. He clattered the player who would have been in an acre of space in the last third of the pitch had he not been taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It was extremely marginal though. The ref was rattled by the crowd and could have given it .
    Barnsley fans seemed to think the same when they played us and were the away team. It’s almost like refs give home advantage.

Its was a reckless and yellow ,no chance of being overturned

If the Mozzer appeal is rejected, and Flint is injured, and Connolly is still injured, and Sol isn't fit enough yet - what are the options for Saturday?

Peltier to CB - but who covers RB if Jazz is still out with his latest niggle and Coxe has barely seen the bench? Does the Armand Traore signing then look like a work of genius - or is he also not match fit enough after very few practice games?

Brown to CB - but again that would be a baptism of fire after very little football of any sort.

Sol Bamba suddenly becomes fit enough and starts alongside Nelson - creating the dream pairing that takes us through to a playoff win at the end of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If the Mozzer appeal is rejected, and Flint is injured, and Connolly is still injured, and Sol isn't fit enough yet - what are the options for Saturday?

Peltier to CB - but who covers RB if Jazz is still out with his latest niggle and Coxe has barely seen the bench? Does the Armand Traore signing then look like a work of genius - or is he also not match fit enough after very few practice games?

Brown to CB - but again that would be a baptism of fire after very little football of any sort.

Sol Bamba suddenly becomes fit enough and starts alongside Nelson - creating the dream pairing that takes us through to a playoff win at the end of the season?
    Was thinking of Brown earlier. Got into the NI squad so must have something about him. A better option than moving Peltier perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its was a reckless and yellow ,no chance of being overturned
    For me, the appeal will fail.
    Heat of the moment I know but Morrisson had a 2 yard start to get to the ball but was so slow it was a little embarrassing.
    Etheridge get could easily have left the ball which I am convinced would have rolled out of play.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Was thinking of Brown earlier. Got into the NI squad so must have something about him. A better option than moving Peltier perhaps.
    With all due respect, it’s Northern Ireland, who like Wales punch above their weight but don’t ha e the strongest depth. He ought to be pushing that lot..