+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City new signing books Welsh lessons!

City new signing books Welsh lessons!

Quite a funny story, but the main thing for me is can we believe this story which makes it sound like this was a deal made under Neil Warnock's management?

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019/.../#.XfdAGuj7TIX

Re: City new signing books Welsh lessons!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Quite a funny story, but the main thing for me is can we believe this story which makes it sound like this was a deal made under Neil Warnock's management?
    'Specially this bit: "Gaspar is a fantastic player. who has overcome that nasty knee injury and he fully deserves his move"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    'Specially this bit: "Gaspar is a fantastic player. who has overcome that nasty knee injury and he fully deserves his move"
    Hmmm. Don't like the sound of that.

That said, Manchester United were in for a player some years ago who had a serious knee injury and waited for him to recover before eventually signing him. He didnt have a bad career.
    Not sure if anyone remembers Ruud van Nistelrooy.

So which winger(s) is on the way out then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    And the bit where they are not allowing him to play, or even sit on the bench

We are to have taken a few players over the years after bad knee injuries I remember a few years ago thinking it was potentially part of our strategy.
    Etien Velikonja was being tracked by a couple of European giants as a teenager, but a nasty knee injury kept him out of the game for a period and shortly after he got back we picked him up (and the rest is history)
    Callum Paterson was almost a West ham player before a knee injury, then we swooped in after his recovery.

I'm sure there were several others but they escape me now.

The heath hospital has one of, if not the biggest orthopaedic surgery departments in the UK. And there are a number of senior surgeons working in this area privately as well.
    I wonder if the club has some good relationships with surgeons that allow them to take bigger risks with players who are recovering from knee injuries.

His agent is Stellar Football Ltd. An Agency with some of the biggest names in world football such as Gary Madine, Jazz Richards, Matthew Connolly and er...... Gareth Bale. Of course, had the agency been USM then..................

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We are to have taken a few players over the years after bad knee injuries I remember a few years ago thinking it was potentially part of our strategy.
    Etien Velikonja was being tracked by a couple of European giants as a teenager, but a nasty knee injury kept him out of the game for a period and shortly after he got back we picked him up (and the rest is history)
    Callum Paterson was almost a West ham player before a knee injury, then we swooped in after his recovery.

I'm sure there were several others but they escape me now.

The heath hospital has one of, if not the biggest orthopaedic surgery departments in the UK. And there are a number of senior surgeons working in this area privately as well.
    I wonder if the club has some good relationships with surgeons that allow them to take bigger risks with players who are recovering from knee injuries.
    Don't they go to Doha nowadays for serious injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    So which winger(s) is on the way out then?
    Murphy.

Hoilett is happy here, and Neil Harris rates Mendez very highly. So much so that he's tried to sign him a few times throughout his managerial career.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019/.../#.XfdAGuj7TIX
    Found some info about him, says he's a midfielder and no goals scored.

https://en.as.com/resultados/ficha/d.../gaspar/27651/

Sounds as if Almeria were too scared to play him as they know the fragility of his knee.

Good on him, hope he keeps it up.