Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
I've known completely normal people who have come from families so dysfunctional that if you put it in a novel no one would believe it. Don't confuse mental health and unhappiness. Some of the people seeking solace from life's problems via drugs and prescriptions would be better off taking responsibility for their own health and mental state.
Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
This side of Offa's its cough up until your assets are below £23,500 ish. You might get a SS loan against the elderley persons home until it can be sold or the person dies. Income-related means testing also applies re paying for residential accommodation. Step down residential interim care (maybe 2-6 weeks) is available which is the English equivelant of CRT carers coming in to an elderley persons home in Wales. But....that step down care may be miles away. Whichever way you look at it, it's a strain on the nerves and the finances. Will be looking at private step down care for my dad, tomorrow, who has been hospitalised whilst staying with us for Christmas. Starts at £1000 a week. Good luck to all reading this, who are on the same or similar, journey.
1000 quid a week jesus , good luck to you too mate , I think a lot of people are living in a dream world, until it happens to them ......