Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ****ing hell

The irony is off the clock tonight.
    Here he goes.

Teaming up with the resident grunge bag as well

“You tell him sludge”

Re: The ticking time bomb of social care

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Oh my God, and I thought you’d already reached peak gullibility. Who raped her? The uncle or the stepfather. It was the uncle originally. Why wasn’t the relative, or relatives if they were both raping her, made to leave the home and go straight to prison. You say the social services put her in care and you also say she left home herself. Which is it? If she was trying to "escape the pain" of memories of having sex with these men why would she choose a career involving sex with countless other perverts. You’d think that would be the last thing she wanted.

Let me give you an a more believable scenario. The mother was unable to control her and asked social services to look after her because she was out every night with a druggie band of scumbags and pimps.

Try a little experiment when you next meet one of these druggie beggars on the street. Tell them that you are absolutely skint and you have just heard that your mother is dying in an old folks home in Porthcawl and you need £10 to get there. Tell them that they are your last hope. Beg them for the money. They are probably sitting on a £100 donated by people like you.This is the response you’d get : "F off you B or I’ll set the dog on you". They have no pity for anyone but themselves. Don’t fall for their hard luck tales.
    The fact is in Cardiff , even tonight , a young girl is probably being abused by her father or step father or an uncle .......most sexual abuse takes place in the home by a relative

The reason said relative is not chucked out of the house or arrested by the police is that sex offenders are very manipulative and either threaten the young girl with violence to keep quiet or make her believe that she won't be believed if she tells anyone

She starts spending more and more time away from her house , scared of what's going to happen to her ......shes going to be abused for ****s sake ......or beaten .......and has nowhere to go

So she starts hanging around with the wrong crowd who introduce her to drugs , maybe just cannabis at first

Eventually she flees home and manages to get sub standard bedsit housing with a dodgy landlord who sometimes will have sex with her in return for some dope

Soon she gets a hit of cheap heroin and before you know it she's using it daily to escape the horror of her sexual abuse

And in no time she is addicted to the stuff and the only way to fund her habit is to steal or go on the game

This is the reality that the police , social services , the drug agencies and those who provide move on accommodation to these young people deal with every day

These people are not " druggies " , they have had awful upbringings ........and we are not talking about living on a tough estate or getting a belt off your old man for coming home late

These people are human beings with stories behind their addictions and they require help and support

A minority don't want it and they along with the dealers need locking up

You display an amazing lack of knowledge about what's going on and the easy spiral into addiction

I want my old dear to get good care but that should be in addition to other social care , including help for , as you call them , druggies

Oh my God, and I thought you’d already reached peak gullibility. Who raped her? The uncle or the stepfather. It was the uncle originally. Why wasn’t the relative, or relatives if they were both raping her, made to leave the home and go straight to prison. You say the social services put her in care and you also say she left home herself. Which is it? If she was trying to "escape the pain" of memories of having sex with these men why would she choose a career involving sex with countless other perverts. You’d think that would be the last thing she wanted.

Let me give you an a more believable scenario. The mother was unable to control her and asked social services to look after her because she was out every night with a druggie band of scumbags and pimps.

Try a little experiment when you next meet one of these druggie beggars on the street. Tell them that you are absolutely skint and you have just heard that your mother is dying in an old folks home in Porthcawl and you need £10 to get there. Tell them that they are your last hope. Beg them for the money. They are probably sitting on a £100 donated by people like you.This is the response you’d get : "F off you B or I’ll set the dog on you". They have no pity for anyone but themselves. Don’t fall for their hard luck tales.
    Sadly I spent a minute reading this drivel that not one expert on homelessness or prostitution would agree with, but as long as you're happy in your own bubble, as far removed from society as it is, then I'm glad you're happy. The rest of us have, what we call, the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Sadly I spent a minute reading this drivel that not one expert on homelessness or prostitution would agree with, but as long as you're happy in your own bubble, as far removed from society as it is, then I'm glad you're happy. The rest of us have, what we call, the real world.
    When I worked in housing in Cardiff in the early nineties we had a remit of helping people who fell outside of the housing act and that basically meant single people without children

Of these the most vulnerable were young women , there was even an organisation called Cardiff single women's housing group .......and we worked closely with them to house those who otherwise would be on the street

Almost all of them needed drugs counselling and most of them said physical or sexual abuse was behind their substance misuse and homelessness problems, many going on the game to fund their habit or perform tricks for dodgy landlords to get a roof over their head

Cardiff has got , like many other cities , a real dark side and I am amazed at the attitude of people to those on the fringes of society

That’s just your outlook on the situation. It doesn’t mean you are right , and your word is gospel.
    If there are as many perverts, paedophiles etc, and there are that many youngsters getting abused, how is that the governments fault?
    Where are these youngsters families when they are needed?
    We’re not living in the old ages where kids can’t talk to anyone about these horrific problems.
    As I’ve said above, there are so many time wasters, and folk that regularly abuse the systems, that genuine people who need help are stranded.

The more I read of your posts and opinions, the more I picture you as an absolute cretin of a man.
    You’re the equivalent of a wasp at a picnic.

I've been involved in many a ccmb shitshow and this is a perfect example. What a mess.

David Vincent, William Treseder and Demb's opinions show how inward looking you can become when you think everyone starts from the same position in life as you.

Lots of people have a really difficult life from no fault of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    David Vincent, William Treseder and Demb's opinions show how inward looking you can become when you think everyone starts from the same position in life as you.

You don’t know any of the 3 of us personally, so how do you know our start off in life?
    I can’t speak for the other 2, but I’ve had things really bad in my life, and strived to make it better.
    One thing I’ve never done though, is blame the government. Be it Tory or Labour.
    My stance in this thread, is about folk who continually take advantage of all the social services, leaving things threadbare for others who genuinely need them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The fact is in Cardiff , even tonight , a young girl is probably being abused by her father or step father or an uncle .......most sexual abuse takes place in the home by a relative

The reason said relative is not chucked out of the house or arrested by the police is that sex offenders are very manipulative and either threaten the young girl with violence to keep quiet or make her believe that she won't be believed if she tells anyone

She starts spending more and more time away from her house , scared of what's going to happen to her ......shes going to be abused for ****s sake ......or beaten .......and has nowhere to go

So she starts hanging around with the wrong crowd who introduce her to drugs , maybe just cannabis at first

Eventually she flees home and manages to get sub standard bedsit housing with a dodgy landlord who sometimes will have sex with her in return for some dope

Soon she gets a hit of cheap heroin and before you know it she's using it daily to escape the horror of her sexual abuse

And in no time she is addicted to the stuff and the only way to fund her habit is to steal or go on the game

This is the reality that the police , social services , the drug agencies and those who provide move on accommodation to these young people deal with every day

These people are not " druggies " , they have had awful upbringings ........and we are not talking about living on a tough estate or getting a belt off your old man for coming home late

These people are human beings with stories behind their addictions and they require help and support

You display an amazing lack of knowledge about what's going on and the easy spiral into addiction

I want my old dear to get good care but that should be in addition to other social care , including help for , as you call them , druggies
    Good post, Sludge.

When people see people begging on the streets, they don't see the little boy that used to climb trees, or a little girl playing with dolls.

The social problems within this country is unbelievable.

I started with 2 skint working parents.

I’m not really sure what it is people have an issue with with my post, there are plenty of lazy ****ers out there who look down at cleaning jobs, jobs in McDonald’s and other examples of low paying jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I started with 2 skint working parents.

I’m not really sure what it is people have an issue with with my post, there are plenty of lazy ****ers out there who look down at cleaning jobs, jobs in McDonald’s and other examples of low paying jobs.
    2 parents and good health though. We should all be grateful for having stable lives like that, there are people who have it much worse.

No one is saying there aren't lazy people. But that isn't the point of this thread. The majority of people would like a good stable job but there are lots of people who can't for a variety of justifiable reasons.

I feel like you're completely missing the point of the thread tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You don’t know any of the 3 of us personally, so how do you know our start off in life?
    I can’t speak for the other 2, but I’ve had things really bad in my life, and strived to make it better.
    One thing I’ve never done though, is blame the government. Be it Tory or Labour.
    My stance in this thread, is about folk who continually take advantage of all the social services, leaving things threadbare for others who genuinely need them.
    The people who take advantage are in the minority though. Don't believe the spin in the media. Social care is a great thing and the majority of people who use it genuinley need it. Just because you've never needed it in your life doesn't mean people who do are using it because it's their own fault.

The government is to blame for the state of social care in this country, if we can't blame them who can we blame?

2 parents and good health though. We should all be grateful for having stable lives like that, there are people who have it much worse.

No one is saying there aren't lazy people. But that isn't the point of this thread. The majority of people would like a good stable job but there are lots of people who can't for a variety of justifiable reasons.

I feel like you're completely missing the point of the thread tbh.
    I haven’t taken part in the thread as a whole.

I have replied to one post about lazy people and given my opinion on that portion of the thread, stating that I do believe this to be true.

I’ve had a glance over a few posts, since everyone seems to happily be missing the fact I’m replying to one ONE post, and honestly it’s not something I want to get into, not the way it’s going anyway.

That’s just your outlook on the situation. It doesn’t mean you are right , and your word is gospel.
    No it's not my outlook , its reality , fact , not opinion

If there are as many perverts, pedophiles etc, and there are that many youngsters getting abused, how is that the governments fault?

The government should be funding more police to get hold of these offenders , fund the agencies that help them , instead they have cut police numbers , cut funding to the organisations that help them ......can you see a link here ?

Where are these youngsters families when they are needed?

That's the problem , it's often a family member doing the abusing , it's the family unit that is the problem , cant you see that thousands of kids don't have a loving mum and dad ?

We’re not living in the old ages where kids can’t talk to anyone about these horrific problems.
    As I’ve said above, there are so many time wasters, and folk that regularly abuse the systems, that genuine people who need help are stranded.
    I am afraid if you are a young kid getting abused you are scared stiff.......tell someone and most likely be kicked out of home into council care , don't tell anyone and face physical or sexual abuse at home

Cant you understand that many youngsters have terrible traumatic upbringing? Just because you , by your own admission seem to have done ok , doesn't mean that those that turn to others are time wasters or lazy or scroungers

Well you have said you were brought up in Ely, which has it's bad elements like any other part of cardiff but have now moved to Canton and are doing allright

Did your father beat you ? Were you sexually abused as a kid ? Did your parents or parent throw you out on the street ? Was either of your parents a heroin addict ?

These are the sort of things that happen to young people

If you did experience any of the above and have a life in care , a life on the streets , exposed to drug addiction and have pulled yourself up by your bootstraps then well done

If you have had what most people call a tough but ordinary upbringing then you are not in a position to talk about a young vulnerable person living on the streets being a scrounger

With respect

The people who take advantage are in the minority though. Don't believe the spin in the media. Social care is a great thing and the majority of people who use it genuinley need it. Just because you've never needed it in your life doesn't mean people who do are using it because it's their own fault.

The government is to blame for the state of social care in this country, if we can't blame them who can we blame?
    Neil Harris

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Neil Harris

Yeah and him

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

There is probably a case like that but how typical is she? There are probably 500 opiate addicts in Cardiff. That’s a rough estimate based that on national levels and the population of Cardiff. But how many of those 500 fit your case? That is, they are female AND they have been abused by a relative or stepdad AND they couldn’t tell the police AND they had to leave home because of the abuse AND they lived on the streets AND they took drugs to block the memory of the abuse AND they turned to prostitution to pay for the drugs. The answer that they probably form a small percentage of cases out of the 500 cases.

Two thirds of junkies are male so if sex abuse is a big cause of drug abuse then are you saying that most of these men have been sexually abused by family members?

If I was a homeless young women looking for accommodation from the council I would need to prepare a story for why I am more deserving than any of the others after the same accommodation. You understand that housing is a limited resource but you don’t seem to think the same about health care. The person with the saddest story gets the accommodation. Can you think of any useful sad stories? How about a very sad story involving a girl living among animals who had to flee her home because of an evil relative? Do you know any stories like that? Yes, you’ve got it. Snow White. No one gets more pity than Snow White. A junkie will say anything to get what they want.

I can just see Eric the half Bee reading this and thinking let’s ban this heartless idiot. "You are like a wasp at a picnic". Well done William That was funny. Poor Eric would have laughed at that once. I remember his funny stories. But, like all of us, he has grown old and sad.

Sludge, because I think money on druggies is wasted it doesn’t mean I want to pay less taxes or I am selfish. It is just that I want the money spent on these selfish zombies to be spent on sick children and others who are sick through no fault of their own. Money given to one means less given to the other. You don’t seem to understand that.

There is probably a case like that but how typical is she? There are probably 500 opiate addicts in Cardiff. That’s a rough estimate based that on national levels and the population of Cardiff. But how many of those 500 fit your case? That is, they are female AND they have been abused by a relative or stepdad AND they couldn’t tell the police AND they had to leave home because of the abuse AND they lived on the streets AND they took drugs to block the memory of the abuse AND they turned to prostitution to pay for the drugs. The answer that they probably form a small percentage of cases out of the 500 cases.

Two thirds of junkies are male so if sex abuse is a big cause of drug abuse then are you saying that most of these men have been sexually abused by family members?

If I was a homeless young women looking for accommodation from the council I would need to prepare a story for why I am more deserving than any of the others after the same accommodation. You understand that housing is a limited resource but you don’t seem to think the same about health care. The person with the saddest story gets the accommodation. Can you think of any useful sad stories? How about a very sad story involving a girl living among animals who had to flee her home because of an evil relative? Do you know any stories like that? Yes, you’ve got it. Snow White. No one gets more pity than Snow White. A junkie will say anything to get what they want.

I can just see Eric the half Bee reading this and thinking let’s ban this heartless idiot. "You are like a wasp at a picnic". Well done William That was funny. Poor Eric would have laughed at that once. I remember his funny stories. But, like all of us, he has grown old and sad.

Sludge, because I think money on druggies is wasted it doesn’t mean I want to pay less taxes or I am selfish. It is just that I want the money spent on these selfish zombies to be spent on sick children and others who are sick through no fault of their own. Money given to one means less given to the other. You don’t seem to understand that.
    Why don't you get yourself involved with homeless charities and find out? You're hiding behind what you think is right, but it isn't.

PS I have grown old. I have grown sad at reading the sort of heartless bullshit you post. But as long as it makes sense to you, keep wanking on.

Why don't you get yourself involved with homeless charities and find out? You're hiding behind what you think is right, but it isn't.

PS I have grown old. I have grown sad at reading the sort of heartless bullshit you post. But as long as it makes sense to you, keep wanking on.
    Oh, I see. Everyone who doesn't agree with you is a wanker. "You are hiding behind what you think is right". Perhaps there is a universe in which that makes sense, but I don't live in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The weak-minded consciously volunteer to become addicts.

There's alleged addicts of all kinds out there. Gambling ones have become quite trendy. Then there's those debt heads who can't stop spending someone else's dough. As previously mentioned, gluttonous fatties are everywhere. Most seem to have an excuse for their rubbish choices such as a traumatic childhood experience when after just one week of ownership someone swiped their bicycle or their dog had fleas and their constant scratching made them sad.

It seems none of the druggies or alkies sought solace in music or exercise, etc, they headed straight for a crack pipe or cans of Carlsberg Special Brew.
    It’s weird how there are a far greater number of obese, alcoholic gamblers in an age of wall-to-wall media and constant paddy power adverts.

Chuck into that mix a lack of job opportunities and a poor level of education and you’ll tend to get a lot more druggies and alkies.

The system is rigged and in washing your hands of any responsibility, you are an advocate for this hyper-competitive, cut-throat meritocracy that our society is rapidly becoming.

You vote for Boris Johnson with comments like the one above.

YOU are the bad egg from where I am sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It’s weird how there are a far greater number of obese, alcoholic gamblers in an age of wall-to-wall media and constant paddy power adverts.

Chuck into that mix a lack of job opportunities and a poor level of education and you’ll tend to get a lot more druggies and alkies.

The system is rigged and in washing your hands of any responsibility, you are an advocate for this hyper-competitive, cut-throat meritocracy that our society is rapidly becoming.

You vote for Boris Johnson with comments like the one above.

YOU are the bad egg from where I am sitting.
    I may be wrong as I’ve not read the whole conversation, but the post you are quoting and ranting at does seem to be full of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I may be wrong as I’ve not read the whole conversation, but the post you are quoting and ranting at does seem to be full of sarcasm.
    Not sure about that. It's the same drum that organ has been banging for years. I think he believes it.