+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Rise of Skywalker

The Rise of Skywalker

Tomorrow after the footy

Re: The Rise of Skywalker

It's the best of the new films I reckon. Ignore the reviews, it does have some silly bits but overall it works well in my opinion.

I really liked TLJ, couldn't believe some of the stick that film got

got tickets booked for tonight, boxing day and 28th

tonight with wife and girls
    boxing day with in-laws
    28th with friends up from cornwall

looking at the other thread most people on here seem to hate or have never seen a start wars movie.

Saw it this afternoon. Not a particularly good film, but there again I'm not a fan of the Star Wars franchise anyway.

I had to get out of the house as a tiler was re-tiling my bathroom, and making a hell of a din with the dog going mad. It was the best of a very poor lot of films that were on offer.

Roll on 2nd April for the best film of next year

Well I enjoyed it, alot of " celebrations of the past films " yes the story had a few twists that came from nowhere

But a good ending to the story, it was emotional at times

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    It's the best of the new films I reckon. Ignore the reviews, it does have some silly bits but overall it works well in my opinion.
    Not seen any reviews clips etc. deliberately!!!! I fall into the category of it's star wars, and I'll enjoy it, it's far more than the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Not seen any reviews clips etc. deliberately!!!! I fall into the category of it's star wars, and I'll enjoy it, it's far more than the film.
    Whatever you want

Seems to me you either accept the new characters and enjoy their story, or you spend the whole film clenching your fists in anger because the old characters have been swept aside. I definitely enjoyed it and just laugh when I see how precious the nerds get because these aren't the films they were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Seems to me you either accept the new characters and enjoy their story, or you spend the whole film clenching your fists in anger because the old characters have been swept aside. I definitely enjoyed it and just laugh when I see how precious the nerds get because these aren't the films they were looking for.
    you are right, If you take it for what it is, a continuation of the Star wars story and embrace it for what it is, then you will take enjoyment from it