+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brexit Update

Brexit Update

Re: Brexit Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Congrats you and your kids officially own this shit.

I shall look forward to laughing my tits off at all of you when it isn’t the glorious Utopia you told us it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post

I shall look forward to laughing my tits off at all of you when it isn’t the glorious Utopia you told us it would be.
    Don't worry, it won't be their fault. It'll be everyone else but not them.

*kind not kids
    Typo

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't worry, it won't be their fault. It'll be everyone else but not them.
    I didn't actually vote

I didn't actually vote
    millions did are they all idiots , is it all their fault they have a difference of view .

We have now had a democratic referendum the result of which some tried to stop , now an election based on getting Brexit done , how much do we need now , the opposition parties could have merged into a no Brexit coalition they chose not to and went out on their selfish narrow agendas , instead of swallowing some pride and seeking a cross party anti Boris consensus lets be brave and now and move on ,the success and failure of this decision will be seen in 10 years time ,and let be fair no one really knows how bad or good this will be .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    millions did are they all idiots , is it all their fault they have a difference of view .

We have now had a democratic referendum the result of which some tried to stop , now an election based on getting Brexit done , how much do we need now , the opposition parties could have merged into a no Brexit coalition they chose not to and went out on their selfish narrow agendas , instead of swallowing some pride and seeking a cross party anti Boris consensus lets be brave and now and move on ,the success and failure of this decision will be seen in 10 years time ,and let be fair no one really knows how bad or good this will be .
    It’s a steaming pile of horse shite which was in fatness cleverly used by the Tory party to distract from their despicable austerity programme.

It’s unleashed a shit load of right wing nationalism which is ironic as they’ve been funded and supported by various elements in the USA and Russia.

That’s what people voted for a d those promising the earth when delivering it need to make good on their promises.

Otherwise I shall laugh my tits off at when I see those who wanted it moan about it and no twee threads about ‘moving on’ will change my mind that the people who caused this division I the first place now expect us to fall in line.

Another tweet from your 50/50 twitter feed I guess. What happens to the one's on the other side of the fence that you never seem to share?

It's the future generations who will benefit the most from Brexit, and the current generation made the sacrifice for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Another tweet from your 50/50 twitter feed I guess. What happens to the one's on the other side of the fence that you never seem to share?
    Retweeted by the BBC mate.

It’s a steaming pile of horse shite which was in fatness cleverly used by the Tory party to distract from their despicable austerity programme.

It’s unleashed a shit load of right wing nationalism which is ironic as they’ve been funded and supported by various elements in the USA and Russia.

That’s what people voted for a d those promising the earth when delivering it need to make good on their promises.

Otherwise I shall laugh my tits off at when I see those who wanted it moan about it and no twee threads about ‘moving on’ will change my mind that the people who caused this division I the first place now expect us to fall in line.
    I think if you research the discourse between Europe and the Tories it goes back decades , way before austerity.

I didn't actually vote
    I voted to remain , genuinely shocked at the desire to leave via the referendum and this election , its now a democratic decision, and we must make the best of it now .

I voted to remain , genuinely shocked at the desire to leave via the referendum and this election , its now a democratic decision, and we must make the best of it now .
    If I voted, it probably would have been to leave, but I'm not too fussed about Boris, so I thought I would maintain a neutral position on here instead. This forum needs a voice of reason, somebody who is unbiased and I see that as my new calling, so I'm always here to assist with my balanced and logical views

I honestly couldn't care much either way in 2016 and it was only the thought of being on the same side as Farage, Johnson, Gove etc. which made me choose remain (Blair. Cameron and May are thoroughly discredited figures now and I hope I'm still around to see the day when those three are as well). However, that was under a different Government, the situation changes under this particular Conservative Government.

I see that Johnson and co don't think EU worker's rights should apply in post Brexit Britain - maybe they think they are insufficient and we should have something which increases said rights? I admit I can be naive at times when it comes to politics, but even I can see that for the rubbish it is and I'm sure millions of others can as well - strange that we are prepared to accept EU rules in may respects, but not on worker's rights.

I'll never accuse the 17.4 million of being stupid, but I think many of them didn't "read the fine print" and they did the same when they voted nine days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I honestly couldn't care much either way in 2016 and it was only the thought of being on the same side as Farage, Johnson, Gove etc. which made me choose remain (Blair. Cameron and May are thoroughly discredited figures now and I hope I'm still around to see the day when those three are as well). However, that was under a different Government, the situation changes under this particular Conservative Government.

I see that Johnson and co don't think EU worker's rights should apply in post Brexit Britain - maybe they think they are insufficient and we should have something which increases said rights? I admit I can be naive at times when it comes to politics, but even I can see that for the rubbish it is and I'm sure millions of others can as well - strange that we are prepared to accept EU rules in may respects, but not on worker's rights.

I'll never accuse the 17.4 million of being stupid, but I think many of them didn't "read the fine print" and they did the same when they voted nine days ago.
    The point is if we want stronger workers rights we can now get them by voting in a new government. It's now up to the people of Britain to decide what they want. In fact, here is nothing stopping us reinventing politics and forming new political parties. Everything is now up to us, so it's no use everybody complaining about what we allow. We will have more collective power to change things than we ever did in the EU.

The point is if we want stronger workers rights we can now get them by voting in a new government. It's now up to the people of Britain to decide what they want. In fact, there is nothing stopping us reinventing politics and forming new political parties. Everything is now up to us, so it's no use everybody complaining about what we allow. We will have more collective power to change things than we ever did in the EU.

The point is if we want stronger workers rights we can now get them by voting in a new government if this one doesn't provide them. It's now up to the people of Britain to decide what they want. In fact, there is nothing stopping us reinventing politics and forming new political parties if the current ones aren't fit for purpose. Everything is now up to us, so it's no use everybody complaining about what we allow by giving our consent. Going forward we will have more collective power to change things than we ever did in the EU.

The point is if we want stronger workers rights we can now get them by voting in a new government if this one doesn't provide them. It's now up to the people of Britain to decide what they want. In fact, there is nothing stopping us reinventing politics and forming new political parties if the current ones aren't fit for purpose. Everything is now up to us, so it's no use everybody complaining about what we allow by giving our consent. Going forward we will have more collective power to change things than we ever did in the EU.
    👍🍻

Evidence of the "reinvention of politics" you talk about?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...come-1-6450364

Evidence of the "reinvention of politics" you talk about?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...come-1-6450364
    Well a German euro friendly magazine would say that .

We have 3 million muslims in our country some under cities now have the ethnic people than natural born UK people which is fine .

Many millions have come to the UK under free movement, I work with lots of them and not one feels uncomfortable in fact they feel grateful for the chance to better themselves in a country that provides more than a lot of others, proven by the long haul and effort they take to get to our country.

The UK has always provided a fair choice to many people.

Can we contuine with the influx and systems currently in place without impacting on , health, housing, education provision and policing probably not .

We have 3 million muslims in our country some under cities now have the ethnic people than natural born UK people which is fine .

Many millions have come to the UK under free movement, I work with lots of them and not one feels uncomfortable in fact they feel grateful for the chance to better themselves in a country that provides more than a lot of others, proven by the long haul and effort they take to get to our country.

Can we contuine with the influx and systems currently in place without impacting on , health, housing, education provision and policing probably not .

What does this mean?

Are you saying there are cities where over 50% of people are first generation immigrants? Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What does this mean?

Are you saying there are cities where over 50% of people are first generation immigrants? Which ones?
    Sorry 6 % out

" 44% of London now consists of black and ethnic minorities, compared to only 28.9% in 2001."

Leicester:
    50.6% describing themselves as white.

But it does have one of the lowest rates of residents who identify themselves as white British, at 45%, and the highest proportion of British Indians, at 28.3%

Sorry 6 % out

" 44% of London now consists of black and ethnic minorities, compared to only 28.9% in 2001."

Leicester:
    50.6% describing themselves as white.

But it does have one of the lowest rates of residents who identify themselves as white British, at 45%, and the highest proportion of British Indians, at 28.3%
    I think Lardy was struggling with the term natural born UK people. Presumably a child whose grandparents came from Jamaica or Cork in the 50s would not meet your definition of a natural born UK person?

And there it is, the attack the messenger rather than the face up to the message thinking that passes for debate these days. Actually, the messenger this time is not the magazine, but the French man, who obviously was a big fan of the UK, who has detected a change in the country since the Brexit vote. I think he is better placed than you or I to say whether there has been one, but the spike in relevant hate crimes following the 2016 vote suggests there is some truth in what he says and, given that it seems reasonable to assume that those responsible will again feel emboldened by the 2019 election result, we'll see the same thing happen in the coming weeks and months.