Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I honestly couldn't care much either way in 2016 and it was only the thought of being on the same side as Farage, Johnson, Gove etc. which made me choose remain (Blair. Cameron and May are thoroughly discredited figures now and I hope I'm still around to see the day when those three are as well). However, that was under a different Government, the situation changes under this particular Conservative Government.

I see that Johnson and co don't think EU worker's rights should apply in post Brexit Britain - maybe they think they are insufficient and we should have something which increases said rights? I admit I can be naive at times when it comes to politics, but even I can see that for the rubbish it is and I'm sure millions of others can as well - strange that we are prepared to accept EU rules in may respects, but not on worker's rights.

I'll never accuse the 17.4 million of being stupid, but I think many of them didn't "read the fine print" and they did the same when they voted nine days ago.
The point is if we want stronger workers rights we can now get them by voting in a new government. It's now up to the people of Britain to decide what they want. In fact, here is nothing stopping us reinventing politics and forming new political parties. Everything is now up to us, so it's no use everybody complaining about what we allow. We will have more collective power to change things than we ever did in the EU.