+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit Update

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was responding to the quote from the European where the person in question felt unwelcome , sadly he ran into a racist ,the point I was making we are a very inclusive society that welcomes all people from around the world , and we happily live in harmony , so I disagree with the article as it doesnt represent the UK as a whole .

I hope that helps .

I guess you knew that anyway.
    My "petty" response was just a further way of showing what an inappropriate term "natural born UK people" was. Maybe you genuinely used the term in the manner you describe, but it was a clumsy, crass and unfortunate decision by you if you did.

I can remember my mother telling me when I was a kid that two of her grandparents were born and bred in Ireland, so does that mean I qualify as "natural born UK people"? Let's face it, if you went back far enough, there'd be very few of us who would.

As for not believing the story, as a, presumably, white, "natural born UK" person of a certain age, I wouldn't have thought you were in the best position to judge - certainly not as well placed as the person who wrote the article.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My "petty" response was just a further way of showing what an inappropriate term "natural born UK people" was. Maybe you genuinely used the term in the manner you describe, but it was a clumsy, crass and unfortunate decision by you if you did.

I can remember my mother telling me when I was a kid that two of her grandparents were born and bred in Ireland, so does that mean I qualify as "natural born UK people"? Let's face it, if you went back far enough, there'd be very few of us who would.

As for not believing the story, as a, presumably, white, "natural born UK" person of a certain age, I wouldn't have thought you were in the best position to judge - certainly not as well placed as the person who wrote the article.
    Nor are you the perfect judge , based on your political leaning , all I know this country is a very inclusive country and chaledng the view folk are not welcome any more .

I wont call you comments crass as I'm above petty comments it show a great weakness .

Interesting article by a German journalist (admittedly published in the Daily Mail!):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ty-Brexit.html

Alexander von Schoenburg is editor-at-large at BILD, Germany's biggest-selling paper.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nor are you the perfect judge , based on your political leaning , all I know this country is a very inclusive country and chaledng the view folk are not welcome any more .

I wont call you comments crass as I'm above petty comments it show a great weakness .
    Only just seen this message - well, I must admire your gall at least in using the term "natural born U.K. people" in the context you did and then trying to claim the moral high ground.