+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock has taken the club backwards

Warnock has taken the club backwards

Controversial? i don't think so. Todays performance was dreadful, especially at home. Things have changed under Harris but it's still pretty poor in my opinion. I'm not blaming Harris completely for today or some of the other performances we've seen under him although i don't hold out that much hope of a big improvement under him as it seems obvious that it's hard work over technique when a bit of both is required.

I blame Warnock for his inability to build a team. He signed players to do a 'Warnock' job, not players that can gel or compliment each over. Warnock should've been given the boot after ten games in the Premier league, his football was appalling, his development non existent, everything was for the now and it's showing. As a consequence of his tactics and style of play we now have Harris as manager, a little more expansive but built around effort and graft. We have players who struggle to pass the ball, control the ball and keep possession, that's Warnocks legacy, a mish mash of players who can't seem to play together and who don't seem to be improving.

Re: Warnock has taken the club backwards

Can't argue with any of that.

A product of "punching above your weight". It can't last. Extremely shortsighted of the club not to be better prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't argue with any of that.

A product of "punching above your weight". It can't last. Extremely shortsighted of the club not to be better prepared.
    That was a shower of shit today, at home and scared to take hold of the game. Is that what we've become?

There are some average sides in the Championship, but even these clubs have put together squads that mainly consist of players who are quick, and comfortable on the ball. It's as if any players left over have come to City..

Said it for weeks on end.

We are now more in debt and have a bigger wage bill and the team isn’t really any better, and it’s only getting older.

I’d honestly not go for promotion this year and rip the team up and have another go.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Said it for weeks on end.

We are now more in debt and have a bigger wage bill and the team isn’t really any better, and it’s only getting older.

I’d honestly not go for promotion this year and rip the team up and have another go.
    Who is going to instigate what you say? I don't trust any of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Warnock has always been about Warnock. His appointment was short sighted and the consequent promotion although deserved cemented his style of football into the club. As for the people running the club Warnock appointment was a gamble in getting the club promoted in the hope they could sell it. When no buyers came knocking it was damage limitation after getting their premier fingers burned previously.

Nothing against Neil Harris but I see him as another short term solution, great if they have a long term one but history suggests they've got no fuucking plan at all.

They're a bag of shitt.

Should have been thanked and moved on when we got an unexpected promotion. Harsh but if you want to grow and develop into a Premier League football club then it’s been proven that Neil Warnock isn’t your man.

As for this season. Should be never, EVER have been given another season and money to spend. The win at Old Trafford would have been the perfect curtain being drawn on his Cardiff career but no, his ego wouldn’t allow it.

All this Neil Warnock goodbye tour bullshit. **** right off. No one man should be bigger than the football club. Unfortunately, Neil Warnock become an out of control monster and it’s going to be of the detriment of this football club. Demanded a transfer kitty or he was off. What relegated manager makes such demands?

Judge me when I leave Neil Warnock said to Blakey when Blakey said he’d put the club back yeas by staying this season. Well, the truth is we are back to square one with a lot more money wasted.

Thanks Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Warnock has always been about Warnock. His appointment was short sighted and the consequent promotion although deserved cemented his style of football into the club. As for the people running the club Warnock appointment was a gamble in getting the club promoted in the hope they could sell it. When no buyers came knocking it was damage limitation after getting their premier fingers burned previously.

Nothing against Neil Harris but I see him as another short term solution, great if they have a long term one but history suggests they've got no fuucking plan at all.

They're a bag of shitt.
    Absentee landlords rarely care about their houses and the only difference between Harris' team over Warnock, to date, is that Tomlin is now playing. A change of ethos and many personnel is needed to drag the Club into the 21stC. Will Tan spend money to do that? If he is willing to do that he should have been looking higher up the food-chain for a manager, I think.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Absentee landlords rarely care about their houses and the only difference between Harris' team over Warnock, to date, is that Tomlin is now playing. A change of ethos and many personnel is needed to drag the Club into the 21stC. Will Tan spend money to do that? If he is willing to do that he should have been looking higher up the food-chain for a manager, I think.

StT.
    <><
    This is one of the most miserable threads I have ever read.

Managers have to act for the now their job literally depends on it.

All this development is garbage if no players come through its because they arent good enough ans thats the scouting network to blame not the 1st team manager.

Football is a business and about gettinf results its not about entertainment.

I still feel Warnock was the man for the job, weve been poor for a while and a few little tweaks could certainly improve results .

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Too right.

Ooh, it’s a corner! Ooh, it’s a corner!

Delusion has no virtue over honesty.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Managers have to act for the now their job literally depends on it.

All this development is garbage if no players come through its because they arent good enough ans thats the scouting network to blame not the 1st team manager.

Football is a business and about gettinf results its not about entertainment.

I still feel Warnock was the man for the job, weve been poor for a while and a few little tweaks could certainly improve results .
    Warnock literally recruited the Chief Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Should have been thanked and moved on when we got an unexpected promotion. Harsh but if you want to grow and develop into a Premier League football club then it’s been proven that Neil Warnock isn’t your man.

As for this season. Should be never, EVER have been given another season and money to spend. The win at Old Trafford would have been the perfect curtain being drawn on his Cardiff career but no, his ego wouldn’t allow it.

All this Neil Warnock goodbye tour bullshit. **** right off. No one man should be bigger than the football club. Unfortunately, Neil Warnock become an out of control monster and it’s going to be of the detriment of this football club. Demanded a transfer kitty or he was off. What relegated manager makes such demands?

Judge me when I leave Neil Warnock said to Blakey when Blakey said he’d put the club back yeas by staying this season. Well, the truth is we are back to square one with a lot more money wasted.

Thanks Neil
    Agree wholeheartedly with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Warnock literally recruited the Chief Scout.

There isn’t a man at the club to do it, because yet again we have one man in charge of it all.

We need a football man above the manager, let NH do his thing in training and in matches and working with the kids etc.

Never happen though so pointless even getting our hopes up.

Controversial? i don't think so. Todays performance was dreadful, especially at home. Things have changed under Harris but it's still pretty poor in my opinion. I'm not blaming Harris completely for today or some of the other performances we've seen under him although i don't hold out that much hope of a big improvement under him as it seems obvious that it's hard work over technique when a bit of both is required.

I blame Warnock for his inability to build a team. He signed players to do a 'Warnock' job, not players that can gel or compliment each over. Warnock should've been given the boot after ten games in the Premier league, his football was appalling, his development non existent, everything was for the now and it's showing. As a consequence of his tactics and style of play we now have Harris as manager, a little more expansive but built around effort and graft. We have players who struggle to pass the ball, control the ball and keep possession, that's Warnocks legacy, a mish mash of players who can't seem to play together and who don't seem to be improving.
    Hold on a minute. Why are we still blaming Warnock for today’s rubbish?!

He left the club weeks ago so we should be looking forward and at the current manager rather than dwelling on the past.

It feels like Harris is getting a completely free pass for some reason.

Let’s look a little closer to home for the problems and how to solve them rather than passing the blame onto a former manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

He left the club weeks ago so we should be looking forward and at the current manager rather than dwelling on the past.

Let’s look a little closer to home for the problems and how to solve them rather than passing the blame onto a former manager.
    Warnock was hopeless this season on all fronts, but I tend to agree with you - that was as bad as Warnockball at its worst today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Check out the first paragraph

Everything wrong with this club can be subbed up by one substitution.

Rhys Healey for Camarasa away at Fulham last season. That sums up everything that ever has been, is, and on evidence will be about Cardiff City and the way it's run. Gutless, clueless, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Everything wrong with this club can be subbed up by one substitution.

Rhys Healey for Camarasa away at Fulham last season. That sums up everything that ever has been, is, and on evidence will be about Cardiff City and the way it's run. Gutless, clueless, stupid.
    Ever has been is harsh.
    Since matey Malaysian boy has taken over yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Ever has been is harsh.
    Since matey Malaysian boy has taken over yes.
    Yeah maybe 'ever' is harsh, but for the most even prior to VT's arrival, we've historically had our pants pulled down numerous times by numerous fools. Hey-ho.

It's one of the most true threads.

The only difference between now and Warnock this season is that the players all seem to have been told to pass it to Tomlin, as if he’s some kind of messiah.