+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock has taken the club backwards

Re: Warnock has taken the club backwards

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The only difference between now and Warnock this season is that the players all seem to have been told to pass it to Tomlin, as if he’s some kind of messiah.
    'Now, you listen here! He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!'

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The only difference between now and Warnock this season is that the players all seem to have been told to pass it to Tomlin, as if he’s some kind of messiah.
    How ridiculous was that today though?
    We had no wingers on the pitch at the end and Preston has 3 men on Tomlin. Talk about predictable.

We are not very good.

While Warnock mobalised the club and got us promotion... that was really an exercise in temporary delusion as it hid the underlying issues at the club on the football front... no football philosophy, awful youth system, pathetic scouting set up, limited football knowledge at board level... etc.. Warnock papered over all those cracks for a while.

There were genuine moments when i thought "maybe he can change".. when we brought in victor and Reid for example.. .. players of true quality and flair... only for Reid to be totally ignored. Victor was magnificent though but a lone star in a very average sky and I suspect a 'opportunistic' signing rather than a Warnock planned strategic signing as his wife went to uni in Cardiff and that was the link.

I also think that the players who could be good at this level have had their confidence knocked so badly they are suffering from PWSD.. post warnock stress disorder. Murphy got his confidence destroyed every game when warnock used to single him out for criticism. So it was sad to see him get booed yesterday. The lad is obviously struggling big time.

Plus Warnocks training and game plans took the football back years and it will take a new manager years to turn a corner.

Poor Harris has a hell of a job. Privately he must be really surprised by the lack of technical ability in the squad and lack of confidence. That he has only had one loss is a huge credit to him. Part of me thinks however... he actually can't fail unless he gets us into a relegation scrap.. most fans expectations are more than realistic and most of us would settle for a year or two of being a stable club, developing a better style of football, bringing through a few youngsters and making some astute signings (footballers rather than the likes of Flint). That's not too much to ask for Christmas is it?

Anyway.. Merry Christmas you filthy animals. And a happy New year from Uganda.

Christ, that easy huh

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Absentee landlords rarely care about their houses and the only difference between Harris' team over Warnock, to date, is that Tomlin is now playing. A change of ethos and many personnel is needed to drag the Club into the 21stC. Will Tan spend money to do that? If he is willing to do that he should have been looking higher up the food-chain for a manager, I think.

StT.
    <><
    You would think after 10 years here Tan would know what’s what, learnt lessons etc...but not. Unbelievable Jeff