+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Lilywhites...just saying

The Lilywhites...just saying

I didn't see all of the game but I think the 14 players Preston fielded today were all white.

If true, that's remarkable - can it be said of any other team playing in the top four divisions today?

Re: The Lilywhites...just saying

Strangely enough I noticed exactly the same. The game was that dull that I picked up on it.

Preston have two black lads who are first team regulars - Darnell Fisher and Daniel Johnson. However, they were both missing yesterday through suspension and injury.

I watched WBA on TV the other week, and only one of their players was , I think, white. Not that it matters in this day and age but it is unusual. Only Glatzel, Tomlin, Pack and Flint were in our line-up yesterday. We've come a long way since the 1970s thankfully , and the globalisation of the game has seen players from all over the world come to us. We have had players of all nationalities play for City (well not all), China, Australia, various African countries, Germany, Netherlands, France, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Iceland, Norway, Benin, Gabon, Ivory Coast, USA, Canada, Phillipines, Japan, to name some. And we are just a provincial FL club.

I think fleetwood don’t have even 1 black player in their whole squad

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I watched WBA on TV the other week, and only one of their players was , I think, white. Not that it matters in this day and age but it is unusual. Only Glatzel, Tomlin, Pack and Flint were in our line-up yesterday. We've come a long way since the 1970s thankfully , and the globalisation of the game has seen players from all over the world come to us. We have had players of all nationalities play for City (well not all), China, Australia, various African countries, Germany, Netherlands, France, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Iceland, Norway, Benin, Gabon, Ivory Coast, USA, Canada, Phillipines, Japan, to name some. And we are just a provincial FL club.
    It’s not that remarkable is it? Really.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Glatzel?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agreed. That’s twice in one day 🤣

Now if every player in Preston’s (or WBA for that matter) were all born on February 29th then that would be remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think it’s interesting when you think of the demographic

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I didn't see all of the game but I think the 14 players Preston fielded today were all white.

If true, that's remarkable - can it be said of any other team playing in the top four divisions today?
    Other than Aaron Lennon and possibly Dwight McNeil, Burnley are an all-white squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think fleetwood don’t have even 1 black player in their whole squad
    ....now who is their manager?

It doesn't matter if its an all black team or an all white team, you should be picked on merit not because you tick a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It doesn't matter if its an all black team or an all white team, you should be picked on merit not because you tick a box.
    I don't think anyone has said that, have they? We seem to be discriminating against football players who can control the ball.

Who were the French side we played pre season? Their starting eleven were all black .