+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City – getting one half of the promotion equation right.

Cardiff City – getting one half of the promotion equation right.

Re: Cardiff City – getting one half of the promotion equation right.

Well written Bob - I’m glad you agree that Murphy was anonymous lol !! - but also I have to say the only shining light for me in a dire match was Preston’s Billy Bodin - he was a constant threat and looks a youngster to watch particularly from a Welsh perspective with next summer in mind ⚽️😃👍

Anyone remember that weird moment when the ball was rolled into an unoccupied space in our half and Flint (who may have been the nearest player at first) made absolutely no attempt to go and win it - or even close down the player who latched onto it. He just stood there passively and watched as the attackers bore down on him standing near the edge of the penalty area. It was surreal.

For me, it spoke volumes about Flint's mindset. Didn't have confidence in his pace to get to the ball, or even make a challenge- and didn't really know what to do as a result.

It's becoming almost pointless posting how awful this squad is in terms of pure footballing ability - a bit like saying how we don't like the grey,gloomy weather and relentless rain. But the relative costs of the two sides does merit comment : what a complete and utter waste of money, and a glaring manifestation of the incompetency of the club. I really hope the Directors appreciate how much of their money has been wasted..

Just watching every throw in where the only idea is throw it up the line. At no point it seems does anyone think move into space and have the ball to feet. Just mix it up. Watching us now is so depressing. And as poor as Murphy was, how many balls did he have to try and win in the air? It does make you wonder, what do they practice all week?

I sat there watching thinking what the feck am i doing here this is shite.
    Stayed to the end clapped them off and then went to the pub.
    My anger wasn't with Neil Harris it was with the upper echelons of the club letting Warnock spunk millions on shite and giving him a lap of honour because there isn't an ounce of football knowledge between them.

Good write up, Bob. It's difficult for me to point the finger at Harris at the present moment although i'm not that enthused over where i think things are going. The fact is that Warnock has caused some serious damage with his recruitment and appalling football. The board have been vilified on here for their lack of knowledge but i reckon that they've actually thought the Harris appointment through considering what has been left behind and the terrible recruitment by Warnock. The majority of players we have can't be trusted with the ball at their feet, that's a disgrace, something has gone seriously wrong for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Well written Bob - I’m glad you agree that Murphy was anonymous lol !! - but also I have to say the only shining light for me in a dire match was Preston’s Billy Bodin - he was a constant threat and looks a youngster to watch particularly from a Welsh perspective with next summer in mind ⚽️😃👍
    He’s been playing league football for nearly 10 years, circa 200 games across a handful of clubs. He did have a good game yesterday but I don’t think he’s getting near the squad for the Euro’s

Quote Originally Posted by Padraig1968 View Post
    Billy Bodin is no youngster. Hes 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Anyone remember that weird moment when the ball was rolled into an unoccupied space in our half and Flint (who may have been the nearest player at first) made absolutely no attempt to go and win it - or even close down the player who latched onto it. He just stood there passively and watched as the attackers bore down on him standing near the edge of the penalty area. It was surreal.

For me, it spoke volumes about Flint's mindset. Didn't have confidence in his pace to get to the ball, or even make a challenge- and didn't really know what to do as a result.
    The commentators were calling it a mistake from Nelson, I was baffled by that. It was rolled slightly ahead of him, you know, to move forward and take the ball up the pitch..