+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All roads lead to the board

All roads lead to the board

All that is wrong at this club leads to the ineptitude of our current board from owner through to those who 'can't get transfers across the line'.

Have a look at the managerial choices. Warnock and his relative success was an exception to the rule but even his spell was littered with boardroom balls ups and letting Warnock dictate and spend/waste money while ignoring youth and leaving us, in my opinion, in almost as dire a situation than before he came. All this overseen by the board.

If anybody can suggest to me that we did nothing but strike lucky with Warnock making a silk purse out of a sows ear that promotion season then I am all ears. It's like Carry On A Football Club here at times.

All that is wrong with this club stems from the boardroom. 99% of what is wrong with this club can be traced back to it and most that irks fans can be traced to the fact that our board are incompetent, on many occasions absent and simply not football people. The tip of the iceberg was changing us to red for many but the day to day footballing **** ups are still happening including our recent managerial appointment with the joke about the amount of shots we had. I hope those that made the decision were there yesterday to watch a limp lob being our only 'shot' on target. I certainly wasn't laughing then and I'm not laughing now.

All negativity, incompetence and downright stupidity at this club lay firmly at the feet of those in the boardroom.

Re: All roads lead to the board

People that run a football club responsible for decision making shocker.

I thought it was all roads lead to this message board

And yet this is a board who have overseen a Football League Championship another promotion. Our 2 most successful seasons by an absolute mile since ive been a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    All negativity, incompetence and downright stupidity at this club lay firmly at the feet of those in the boardroom.
    And most of the negativity on this forum seems to originate from you.

Give it a rest you miserable twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And yet this is a board who have overseen a Football League Championship another promotion. Our 2 most successful seasons by an absolute mile since ive been a fan.
    That's true, but the club's limitations (including the Board's) have been cruelly exposed once those promotions have been achieved, as our unique record in the Premier League shows.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's true, but the club's limitations (including the Board's) have been cruelly exposed once those promotions have been achieved, as our unique record in the Premier League shows.
    Vincent Tan has been too trusting to his managers. They say once bitten, twice shy. Well, unfortunately, hes been bitten a lot harder 2nd time around.

Neil Warnock has taken this club for a longer ride than Malky did. If Tan cant forgive the Acorn transfer from 6 years ago he will take decades to get over the shower of absolute shit Warnock has left us with.

10m for Josh Murphy and we let Kads go on a free ffs. 12m for Glatzel and Madine. 4m for Aden Flint. 3m for Bacuna. Jesus wept. Thats practically 30m quids worth of players we couldnt give away as I doubt another club would cover their wages.

Blue lewj is no negative about the club he makes TLG look as chippy as Timmy Mallet

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People that run a football club responsible for decision making shocker.
    Do you know you don’t have to post in every thread? Especially when it’s just filler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you know you don’t have to post in every thread? Especially when it’s just filler like this.
    Who put you in charge of where and what people can post?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Blue lewj is no negative about the club he makes TLG look as chippy as Timmy Mallet
    Do you remember him doing a walk around ninian Park before a game one day (timmy mallet not TLG) Dont know why what or wherefores

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Do you remember him doing a walk around ninian Park before a game one day (timmy mallet not TLG) Dont know why what or wherefores
    No

I did see TLG on the concourse in the CCS once. He had so much moisturiser on his head the glare nearly blinded me.

And most of the negativity on this forum seems to originate from you.

Give it a rest you miserable twat.
    Ha ha.

I wait for your upbeat posts to give me a sense of hope.

After Madine's release today after being in the starting line up a few short weeks ago I had to bring this thread back.

Letting Madine go for nothing after buying him for £6 million more than emphasises what I posted a few weeks ago.

Until we get football people on the board all of our major problems will continue.

Before people talk about us going up twice under Tan, I am well aware of that but the first time was down to cash being spent and the second we simply struck lucky with the manager. Harris is simply reverting to ill informed type for this current board.

I am thankful to Tan putting his money where his mouth is (and God did we need it) but he certainly could have saved a fair few quid by getting some actual football people on the board, in the recruitment team and making footballing decisions. Some of it is amateurish for a club in our position.

I'll add that the board doesn't get taken for as much of a ride by Malky and Warnock if they understand football and the business involved.

The fact they pick managers, get taken for mugs and then blame the people they picked for doing it says it all for me. We will stumble from drama to drama until the board admit that as a collective they're simply not up to it. Tan is the money man surrounded by yes men who talk the talk but come up short in most areas.

Your posts are just as damming - and correct.
    Is your account shared with someone else? 😂😂

I was actually thinking about posting something very similar to this thread.
    It occurred to me this morning that my two junior Bluebirds only seem to watch Liverpool on YouTube (much to my disgust), rather than Cardiff.
    Whilst I’m not for one moment expecting us to be as much of a draw as Liverpool, it concerns me that the team is now so uninspiring that the good work done in getting to the Premier League and getting a buzz around the club (for which Warnock could claim some credit), is rapidly evaporating, which has its origins in Warnock’s decision to stay on and the resulting transfers last summer.
    I haven’t enjoyed one game this season and I just wonder if the younger ones who watch the team are going to start finding better ways to spend their time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It occurred to me this morning that my two junior Bluebirds only seem to watch Liverpool on YouTube (much to my disgust), rather than Cardiff.
    Whilst I’m not for one moment expecting us to be as much of a draw as Liverpool, it concerns me that the team is now so uninspiring that the good work done in getting to the Premier League and getting a buzz around the club (for which Warnock could claim some credit), is rapidly evaporating, which has its origins in Warnock’s decision to stay on and the resulting transfers last summer.
    I haven’t enjoyed one game this season and I just wonder if the younger ones who watch the team are going to start finding better ways to spend their time.
    I think there will be a large drop off in season ticket numbers this season.

A large part is due to the fact we were Premier League last season and there was the chance of getting a season ticket for the promised land on the cheap. We have hardly covered ourselves in glory though and many will simply not be bothered, young and old.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think there will be a large drop off in season ticket numbers this season.

A large part is due to the fact we were Premier League last season and there was the chance of getting a season ticket for the promised land on the cheap. We have hardly covered ourselves in glory though and many will simply not be bothered, young and old.
    It’s a bit of an effort for me to get to games. I live in Bristol and can’t make the night games with my sons due to their own football training commitments.
    The season tickets we bought this year are looking poor value, given the quality of what we’ve actually seen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Our average gate dropped from 20,945 in 14/15 after we'd be relegated to 16,463 in 15/16 when we had a good home record and were in the running for a Play Off place. Is there any reason to suppose the figures for this season and next season won't be similar if the second half of 19/20 turns out to be as uninspiring as the first half? An average for 20/21 around the same level as in 15/16 would see our crowd fall by close to fifty per cent in two season from 31,229 in 18/19 - this board has been full of posts over the past few months about the desire for a change in the way Cardiff City sides go about playing their football, but a drop in attendances on that sort of scale would only reinforce the need for some fresh thinking at the club.

Our average gate dropped from 20,945 in 14/15 after we'd be relegated to 16,463 in 15/16 when we had a good home record and were in the running for a Play Off place. Is there any reason to suppose the figures for this season and next season won't be similar if the second half of 19/20 turns out to be as uninspiring as the first half? An average for 20/21 around the same level as in 15/16 would see our crowd fall by close to fifty per cent in two season from 31,229 in 18/19 - this board has been full of posts over the past few months about the desire for a change in the way Cardiff City sides go about playing their football, but a drop in attendances on that sort of scale would only reinforce the need for some fresh thinking at the club.
    We’d like to think so, but this is Cardiff City - a true footballing soap opera if ever there was one.

You'd hope they would learn once the attendances start to drop, but they've had a chance already to take a different road and I don't think they have. Fair enough there's talk about the manager trying to change our style and this won't be an immediate change and the same for the youth set up, so it's hard to knock them for things we won't see change immediately, but I don't think a lot of people have any faith in it changing a lot even with time.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Peoplee that run a football club responsible for decision making shocker.
    Thanks Mehmet.