+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One positive from yesterday

Re: One positive from yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    At times in the last few weeks we have played some better stuff.
    Flashes here and there, but signs of hope.
    I’d expect Preston have nullified far better sides than us this season.

It’s not going to change overnight
    I am being hasty in hindsight.

I think it is a reaction to what we served up yesterday and the frustration coming through from that. He also wasn't my choice of manager (and not many others) but he is here now and a more balanced view is probably more sensible but once it is posted you can't really take it back.

I'm willing to give him time. I know what I think with regards to how it will probably go but he deserves a chance.
    Hanging him out to dry this early achieves little.

Points total wise it isn't far off. It is the manner of the performance that is the worry and the body language at a time where the new manager factor should still be at it's strongest. As has been said he is working with Warnock's players and I think I'll reserve judgment until after January and he's put his own stamp on it.

At times in the last few weeks we have played some better stuff.
    Flashes here and there, but signs of hope.
    I’d expect Preston have nullified far better sides than us this season.

It’s not going to change overnight
    It's going to take alot of time and change in personnel, It's not just Warnocks tenure, it goes deeper, we had slade for two years as well. My standpoint is to see a more creative and dynamic style of football, i don't want 30 passes at the back and i don't mind direct if needed, a balance would be nice. I can't tolerate players struggling to do the basics, that pisses me off. As an aside, NML should have his own competition in The Echo, you know, a bit like spot the ball but in this case 'NML-Where Does The Ball End Up' Same theory, you just put a load of crosses in the places least likely for the ball to end up, like one of our own players or even himself...

Neil Warnock ran the football club in the interests of Neil Warnock running rings around the so-called transfer committee by exploiting their ignorance.

This went beyond the ridiculous transfer fees, heavy wages and overly long contracts for average or mediocre players. There was the apparent conflict of interest involving Warnock’s son James and his colleagues at USM and the strange tale of Willie McKay’s sons being handed out contracts on the basis of not very much at all as it turned out.

The current squad is the result of complete dysfunction in the transfer market. This is Warnock’s legacy and the club may take years to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's going to take alot of time and change in personnel, It's not just Warnocks tenure, it goes deeper, we had slade for two years as well. My standpoint is to see a more creative and dynamic style of football, i don't want 30 passes at the back and i don't mind direct if needed, a balance would be nice. I can't tolerate players struggling to do the basics, that pisses me off. As an aside, NML should have his own competition in The Echo, you know, a bit like spot the ball but in this case 'NML-Where Does The Ball End Up' Same theory, you just put a load of crosses in the places least likely for the ball to end up, like one of our own players or even himself...
    NML is superb running with the ball, but struggles to pass it 10 yards.

Not really sure what to do with a player like that

Maybe NH can enrol the players into a Man City training school during the close season. Pay Pep £10m to teach our players how to pass a ball 5 yards !

NML is superb running with the ball, but struggles to pass it 10 yards.

Not really sure what to do with a player like that
    Not sure there's anything anyone can do, how can you coach a player who has no idea what he's going to do with the ball. I actually witnessed him leave the ball behind once, he kept on running but forgot the ball. It was one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Maybe NH can enrol the players into a Man City training school during the close season. Pay Pep £10m to teach our players how to pass a ball 5 yards !
    NML is on a different level.When it goes right then it's world class, when it goes wrong it's like forest Gump on acid. He went through a stage where he'd run the ball out of play, seemingly not slowing up or trying to prevent it from happening.

NML is on a different level.When it goes right then it's world class, when it goes wrong it's like forest Gump on acid. He went through a stage where he'd run the ball out of play, seemingly not slowing up or trying to prevent it from happening.
    World class is stretching it quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    World class is stretching it quite a bit
    Fair enough. but you know what i mean. How can a player go from beating two men, cutting inside and bending it into the bottom corner to not being able to control the ball? I think that everything that he does is just instinct, he doesn't seem to have any thought process or composure.

Fair enough. but you know what i mean. How can a player go from beating two men, cutting inside and bending it into the bottom corner to not being able to control the ball? I think that everything that he does is just instinct, he doesn't seem to have any thought process or composure.
    90% of the time he’s shit. Not a good footballer. Can tell within first 5 mins if he’s goimg to have a good game. Move him on I would.

Saturday's game was a boring pile of sh*te, it's true, but I came away from it thinking we'd taken a point of one of the Division's top sides. Last week, we did the same at Leeds, albeit in a totally different fashion. It was also another clean sheet. We're not doing too badly, and will still be in the mix come the last few games.

Do you remember Franz Carr 😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    By the same token, they had lost their previous three away games at QPR (0-2), Hull (0-4) and Derby (0-1). World-beaters they are not.
    Of the games that I have seen us play this season, only Brentford in the first half (and I suspect that it was more down to our tactics than theirs!) have looked a decent side.

Everyone else has looked beatable. And I'm sure that the opposition would have said the same about us!

Do you remember Franz Carr 😂
    I do. Didn't he play for Forest or was it Villa? was he cursed by the bug as well?