+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One moment stood out for me yesterday..

One moment stood out for me yesterday..

..think it was around the 60th minute, Etheridge, Flint and Peltier were playing triangles out of defence again and finished with Etheridge chipping a pass to Pelts over the chasing Preston player. Pelts brought the ball under control and played one of his trademark precision passes up the wing to Murphy. The Preston midfielder looked to have a yard start to get to the ball first but despite being twice Murphy's size was beaten to the ball by the City winger who showed typical aggression in leaving him flat on his back. A couple of one-two's with Bacuna, and a pass into space picked up by Pack and he left a couple of Preston players flat-footed. A swift pass out to NML who observant as ever, saw Madine losing his two markers at the far post. Madine cushioned the ball perfectly as it fell out of the sky, flicked it onto his left foot, and volleyed a bullet of a shot from the edge of the pelanty box against the underside of the crossbar..

Re: One moment stood out for me yesterday..

If you could PM your dealers number that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If you could PM your dealers number that would be great.
    http://www.graphis.com/entry/dc81bcb...-9719bda36639/

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    :)

One thing that I did notice is Etheridge went short a few times with his distribution.

Even throwing it out on one occasion !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    One thing that I did notice is Etheridge went short a few times with his distribution.

And that was one of the very few times we got into their box. Etheridge threw it out to Peltier who fed Tomlin. He fed a lovely ball into Wards feet but he was offside. It was the only time we hit them quick and it almost came off.

..think it was around the 60th minute, Etheridge, Flint and Peltier were playing triangles out of defence again and finished with Etheridge chipping a pass to Pelts over the chasing Preston player. Pelts brought the ball under control and played one of his trademark precision passes up the wing to Murphy. The Preston midfielder looked to have a yard start to get to the ball first but despite being twice Murphy's size was beaten to the ball by the City winger who showed typical aggression in leaving him flat on his back. A couple of one-two's with Bacuna, and a pass into space picked up by Pack and he left a couple of Preston players flat-footed. A swift pass out to NML who observant as ever, saw Madine losing his two markers at the far post. Madine cushioned the ball perfectly as it fell out of the sky, flicked it onto his left foot, and volleyed a bullet of a shot from the edge of the pelanty box against the underside of the crossbar..
    Tell you what stood out for me, we had a break on during the second half, maybe 70 minutes or so in, the ball was delivered from the left and there was only one player in the box to aim at, Gary Madine, who took up an awful position body wise. A break, at home, 0-0 and no ****er busting their arse to get into the box. Shameful.

When the Preston player saved a Cardiff City goal-kick by giving away a throw-in, taking himself off and away from the pitch with no other Preston player around and instead of accepting the refs decision and taking a quick throw to Etheridge we moaned and allowed Preston to reorganise....

I hope we wise up at throw-ins soon. Our strategy under Warnock was to slow it down at every occasion but it's so clear that varying this tactic is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I saw him through it out over arm to one if our players,and landedvat hus foot , so much better than his dreadful wayward kicking ,why use that tactic if it doesn't work.

I saw that move and folk think we wont be a force for good in Europe 🙄 ?

Carling