+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So where do you think we will finish this season ?

So where do you think we will finish this season ?

Call me stupid but I think we could still make the play offs

Only half way through the season and lots to play for

We love you cardiff we do oh cardiff we love you

Re: So where do you think we will finish this season ?

We can make the play offs.

I’d rather we didn’t.

Imagine going up in this state.

It needs rebuilding. Players moved on and players brought in. Harris is here so let him do it, but a rush job in January and then the panic of “oh **** here we are again in the promised land with a shocking team”

I’d rather let him rip it up this year and go for it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I’d rather we didn’t.

It needs rebuilding. Players moved on and players brought in. Harris is here so let him do it, but a rush job in January and then the panic of “oh **** here we are again in the promised land with a shocking team”

That's exactly what my mate said to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's exactly what my mate said to be fair
    Been reading his pre match interview. Seems Harris recognises we haven’t been the best as a team lately, some individual performances could be better etc.

Some interesting points isn’t he way he talked pointing to how he wants to play, which doesn’t seem to be the hoofing that’s we have got recently.

I may be in the minority, but I e learned enough after going up with Warnock not to just take promotion (if it happened this year) with open arms. Has all the ingredients of another short sighted failure in the making.

Bang on 12th! And a good thing. If a miracle happened and we went up it would be the same as it ever was; insufficient funding, insufficient club development and a manager out of his depth. Were better off marking time until another miracle happened and a new board swept clean.

Been reading his pre match interview. Seems Harris recognises we haven’t been the best as a team lately, some individual performances could be better etc.

Some interesting points isn’t he way he talked pointing to how he wants to play, which doesn’t seem to be the hoofing that’s we have got recently.

I may be in the minority, but I e learned enough after going up with Warnock not to just take promotion (if it happened this year) with open arms. Has all the ingredients of another short sighted failure in the making.
    You never know a lucky scrape into the play offs followed by a lucky win in the final could give us the chance swansea took with both hands , they were there for six seasons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Bang on 12th! And a good thing. If a miracle happened and we went up it would be the same as it ever was; insufficient funding, insufficient club development and a manager out of his depth. Were better off marking time until another miracle happened and a new board swept clean.
    Who is going to buy cardiff city and is tan willing to sell ?

You never know a lucky scrape into the play offs followed by a lucky win in the final could give us the chance swansea took with both hands , they were there for six seasons ?
    Never say never.

Swansea had a team with a clear way of playing, if you listen to our manager we are trying to move away from the way we play, so would it really be ideal to scrape up and have just one summer to throw together a team and hope we stay up? After that Warnock season I’d rather we had more of a plan.

The PL is the place we all want to be, but it isn’t the be all, wouldn't you rather we have NH this jan/summer to move players about while gradually changing the style we play helped along by bringing in better suited players to do it? ( I think we have a few capable that have had the skill, life and energy coached out of them)

He then has another season to go at it, a jan window to make improvements, and if we make it a whole summer to prepare (and bring in players he wants)

Better than half arsing it again imo.

Never say never.

Swansea had a team with a clear way of playing, if you listen to our manager we are trying to move away from the way we play, so would it really be ideal to scrape up and have just one summer to throw together a team and hope we stay up? After that Warnock season I’d rather we had more of a plan.

The PL is the place we all want to be, but it isn’t the be all, wouldn't you rather we have NH this jan/summer to move players about while gradually changing the style we play helped along by bringing in better suited players to do it? ( I think we have a few capable that have had the skill, life and energy coached out of them)

He then has another season to go at it, a jan window to make improvements, and if we make it a whole summer to prepare (and bring in players he wants)

Better than half arsing it again imo.
    Well according to some hes just warnock mark two , which is fine by me as warnock got us promoted, we were very unlucky to go down in my view

13th

Well according to some hes just warnock mark two , which is fine by me as warnock got us promoted, we were very unlucky to go down in my view
    I said it in my immediate rage at his appointment (I’m known to react without thinking, you’d never guess) I looked at his team, the way I’d seen them play and how their fans described their games, opposing managers etc and I wasn’t impressed.

He’s talked since, and as one of billions of earths gullible people, I will take what he says and hope for the best, and I’ll give the bloke a chance. If things are improving as the season goes along and he gets to make his own mark, great, but I also expect him to work and get the best out of players like Murphy (Ive read his pre match interview and it gets a mention there) because I’m not buying it that we are a team FULL of players that can’t play a little, so I do think we need to see this as well over time.

Obviously you disagree, but I think I’d rather us not get promoted this year. More of the same follows, and we end up nowhere.

13th. I said 13th at the start of the season and I'm sticking with it.

Swansea went up playing decent football. And had played a similar style for a few years and under different managers. If we went up with this lot, we'd need to spend £75M to have a chance of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Swansea went up playing decent football. And had played a similar style for a few years and under different managers. If we went up with this lot, we'd need to spend £75M to have a chance of staying up.
    Crystal Palace went up in 6th place about 20points behind us as Champions and they are still there. Always take promotion but change Manger before Christmas if results not good enough! PS Pulis kept Palace up! Swansea also changed Managers several times to keep them up! We kept Warnock and were relegated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Crystal Palace went up in 6th place about 20points behind us as Champions and they are still there. Always take promotion but change Manger before Christmas if results not good enough! PS Pulis kept Palace up! Swansea also changed Managers several times to keep them up! We kept Warnock and were relegated!
    It’s Xmas eve mate, give us one night where you don’t say Pulis would have kept us up ffs

play off spot for me

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    play off spot for me
    Yeah but what about cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Plenty of crap sides have gone up and stayed up. We'd just need to buy extremely well, which given our track record is shall we say, unlikely. We just need 7 or 8

I’d rather we didn’t.

I'd rather we went up and tried to fix it. For a start, we'd be up and we'd not have to worry about money. Even if/when we stunk out the Prem for a season, we'd be sorted financially with more parachute payments and hopefully debt free.

Annoyingly, you always want the club to go well and I'd absolutely love the ride and the memories once again if we went up, not many clubs get the opportunity so a third time in a 10 year span would be absolutely fantastic.

However, from a rebuilding standpoint it would likely be a complete failure (under current management and ownership), however the standard of the league outside of the top 2 this season is so poor it actually isn't that unrealistic to say we could make the playoffs, at which point its a total lottery.

Yeah but what about cardiff?
    how much did it cost him is the actual question?

I think we will finish about where we are now.
    I really hope we don't throw a load of money at it in January we need to cut a lot of wages and dead wood and give Harris a real go in the Summer to make the side his own.

Depends on January and the club's commitment in the transfer window. I can't see all of the current crop being motivated.

If we hit the play offs with the defence sorted and one of our old or new strikers firing who knows , a few clubs won't fancy facing us .