+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Neville

Gary Neville

****ing bang on

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...083429888?s=21

Disgusting from sky

Re: Gary Neville

Agreed. You only need to read social media to see how much racism has been on the rise over the past few years. Neville is telling it how it is.

F**k the premier league and f**k Sky.
    Hypocrites the lot of 'em.
    Oh and f**k the players too.
    They are all out to try and get an edge on the opposition and the officials, at any cost.
    The game is f**ked!

What a weak ****ing arsehole for repeating that, probably had it shouted through his mic. Just grow a pair and agree if you agree.

I’ve seen a lot of people criticise the Sky presenter but is only doing what he’s been told. Neville said the premier league doesn’t tackle racism which, to a degree could be seen as defamatory to me. Of course Sky we’re always going to be impartial to Neville.

The tackle of racism to me needs to come from the terraces mainly. Only once I’ve heard racist language at CCFC in the last 10 years. It came from an old chap sits near me that just shouts ANY abuse. Realistically I/those around me should have said shut up but I just shook my head.

I think most people acknowledge that the presenter got the message in his ear piece to say that.

The guy obviously has to say what’s in his ear to protect his job.

But sky want their cake and eat it, they promote anti racism stuff on their twitter but then want to take a “both sides” view on this.

I know they probably want to protect themselves from complaints when he’s mentioned not parties. But it’s still very weak from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

But sky want their cake and eat it, they promote anti racism stuff on their twitter but then want to take a “both sides” view on this.

I know they probably want to protect themselves from complaints when he’s mentioned not parties. But it’s still very weak from them.
    If you mean the "side" that promotes and justifies racism then I'd say that side would, rightly, not have received such consideration ten years ago, but we live in a different world now.

we have disclaimers in every walk of life these days, this is just the same

looked rather silly though

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Probably protecting the producer too

Its all well and good telling him to grow a pair, but how many wouldn't have said it if it was their livelihood on the line? Not many

Stan Collymore having a right pop at the presenter on Twitter but i think its unfair. The presenter is not a famous footballer like Gary Neville, so may never get as good a job again.

Gotta admire GN though. He tells it as it is.

I agree with a poster above who spoke about self policing at games. It’s only ever one or two idiots who shout racist comments (apart from that Bulgarian mob), but hundreds of disgusted fans surrounding them do nothing about it.
    Why not get a steward over and point them out? There will be plenty of witnesses.
    I’ve stood up against racists both at the football and in every day life on a few occasions.
    You can’t stop someone from being racist by outlawing it, but you can control it in certain public domains if decent folk had a bit more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I agree with a poster above who spoke about self policing at games. It’s only ever one or two idiots who shout racist comments (apart from that Bulgarian mob), but hundreds of disgusted fans surrounding them do nothing about it.
    Why not get a steward over and point them out? There will be plenty of witnesses.
    I’ve stood up against racists both at the football and in every day life on a few occasions.
    You can’t stop someone from being racist by outlawing it, but you can control it in certain public domains if decent folk had a bit more about them.
    I’ve called racist comments out in my local. Luckily I’ve never heard them at one of our games, as it’s uncalled for.

You’re right though, many people just let it go. Shame.

This guy is now blaming Brexit for racism Quote
    Iffy Onuora, the Professional Footballers' Association's equalities coach told BBC Sport that racism has increased in the UK since Brexit referendum.

"There is upheaval following the [Brexit] referendum and the election and that's caused this fracture," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    ****ing bang on

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/st...083429888?s=21

Disgusting from sky
    Absolutely fantastic pundit.

(apart from his comically blinkered view of OGS which is just plain embarrassing)

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    This guy is now blaming Brexit for racism Quote
    Iffy Onuora, the Professional Footballers' Association's equalities coach told BBC Sport that racism has increased in the UK since Brexit referendum.

"There is upheaval following the [Brexit] referendum and the election and that's caused this fracture," he said.
    Brexit didn't cause racism ( or 'this fracture') but there is plenty of evidence that the language and imagery used in the Referendum debate and after (up to and including the last election) partly normalised racist abuse and behaviour - gave people with those views permission to express them - and that incidents of reported racism shot up - especially Islamophobic incidents.

Since the Brexit campaign there is proof that racists have been emboldened. It’s the way the campaign was ran that’s caused this.

Its ok for Gary Neville to take the moral high ground now that he has stopped playing. He didnt say much when he was playing.
    This problem has to be stamped out and there is enough money sloshing about in football to sort this.
    Top clubs should pay security firms to send properly trained staff into the crowd and jump on people who display this behaviour and take them before the courts. Take the fight back to these people and you will see how brave they are.It would soon stop because basically they are cowards hiding behind safety in numbers.
    For Neville to bring politics into this is way off the mark . most of the ones doing it have no idea which party are in power and I cant see brexit being high on their list of topics of conversation.
    if football can pay players massive wages they can pay for this as well and protect their players and the game in general.
    We need to be more pro active. Talking and internal investigations will solve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Its ok for Gary Neville to take the moral high ground now that he has stopped playing. He didnt say much when he was playing.
    This problem has to be stamped out and there is enough money sloshing about in football to sort this.
    Top clubs should pay security firms to send properly trained staff into the crowd and jump on people who display this behaviour and take them before the courts. Take the fight back to these people and you will see how brave they are.It would soon stop because basically they are cowards hiding behind safety in numbers.
    For Neville to bring politics into this is way off the mark . most of the ones doing it have no idea which party are in power and I cant see brexit being high on their list of topics of conversation.
    if football can pay players massive wages they can pay for this as well and protect their players and the game in general.
    We need to be more pro active. Talking and internal investigations will solve nothing.
    He mentions he didn’t walk off the pitch years ago in support of Ashley. He also says he might get knocked for speaking from his ivory tower. But you know what? He’s finally said it, so don’t knock it.

I think the point about politics wasn’t just made to be political either, he is pointing out it reaches the highest places and is more or less just accepted. If it is acceptable there then the little people will follow suit.

More people need to speak up when they see this type of behaviour, be it on a night out, a train home from work or an afternoon at your local football club.

Sky, BBC, EPL, EFL, FIFA, UEFA play games with their meaningless 'Say no to Racism' and 'Kick it out' etc.

SKY could easily knock this on the head with financial penalties (they won't). Juventus played Lazio in Riyadh the other day, tv companies gladly paid to air the game. FFS for being gay you can be publicly executed in Saudi Arabia!
    Will players be wearing rainbow laces in Qatar? Like feck they will.

SKY want a polished product, they will not tar their beloved EPL with overly highlighting racism.

It stinks of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Sky, BBC, EPL, EFL, FIFA, UEFA play games with their meaningless 'Say no to Racism' and 'Kick it out' etc.

SKY could easily knock this on the head with financial penalties (they won't). Juventus played Lazio in Riyadh the other day, tv companies gladly paid to air the game. FFS for being gay you can be publicly executed in Saudi Arabia!
    Will players be wearing rainbow laces in Qatar? Like feck they will.

SKY want a polished product, they will not tar their beloved EPL with overly highlighting racism.

It stinks of hypocrisy.
    Absolutely spot on

To be fair to the presenter, it's not his job to give his opinion as he will usually just facilitate conversation, he was put on the spot by Gary Neville and if he says the wrong thing then he loses his job whereas if Gary Neville says the wrong thing then he goes to work for Al Jazeera, beIN Sports and Talksport with Richard Keys.

It's good that Gary Neville was so clear on their being racism and institutional racism. Although twitter did make the point that when Stormzy said it he received a backlash whereas when Neville said it he was widely praised....

"Racism of any kind has no place in football or anywhere else and we must confront this vile behaviour," said a Downing Street spokesperson. Clearly there remains more work to be done by the football authorities in tackling this issue and we are committed to working with them on this to stamp it out.
    (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50893279)

Hey Downing Street, stop using racism to make yourselves look good. You have become the party that the ex-leader of Britain First, Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson are now joining up to as you have made them believe you are their party so stop pretending you have not been part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    To be fair to the presenter, it's not his job to give his opinion as he will usually just facilitate conversation, he was put on the spot by Gary Neville and if he says the wrong thing then he loses his job whereas if Gary Neville says the wrong thing then he goes to work for Al Jazeera, beIN Sports and Talksport with Richard Keys.

It's good that Gary Neville was so clear on their being racism and institutional racism. Although twitter did make the point that when Stormzy said it he received a backlash whereas when Neville said it he was widely praised....
    I’m not taking sides here but couldn’t the presenter equally go and work for Al Jazeera, beIN Sports etc as well?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

That's what this country is like with racism unfortunately.