+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where is the Christmas spirit?

Where is the Christmas spirit?

It certainly wasn't on display at a certain abode I visited in Cowbridge earlier on. The wearing of mittens, bobble hat and scarf is not uncommon when out and about during a British winter but not when sat at home staring gloomily at a blank TV screen in one's living room. I could only stand the constant moaning for 15 minutes before making for the exit, but not before suggesting my host changes his message board moniker to Scrooge Factory.

He's too mean to fire up the gas boiler and had a real cob on that Loose Women isn't on ITV all this week. I had hopes of being greeted with the offer of a festive mince pie, maybe a glass of sherry too but neither was forthcoming. I espied a tub of Quality Street chocolates nearby and remarked that I'd always been fond of their orange and strawberry creams. The tight kent remained unmoved.

His mood was in complete contrast to the Friday before last following the Conservative Party securing a 4th successive General Election victory when he was all smiles. Then though he was supremely confident of securing a pre-Crimbo leg over courtesy of a Cadoxton tart who he'd interfered with several times previously for the price of a Domino's pizza and Diet Coke. For reasons he was reticent about she failed to oblige and I suspect he's been thwarted in all similar endeavours.

What a yuletide rotter that fella is!

Re: Where is the Christmas spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It certainly wasn't on display at a certain abode I visited in Cowbridge earlier on. The wearing of mittens, bobble hat and scarf is not uncommon when out and about during a British winter but not when sat at home staring gloomily at a blank TV screen in one's living room. I could only stand the constant moaning for 15 minutes before making for the exit, but not before suggesting my host changes his message board moniker to Scrooge Factory.

He's too mean to fire up the gas boiler and had a real cob on that Loose Women isn't on ITV all this week. I had hopes of being greeted with the offer of a festive mince pie, maybe a glass of sherry too but neither was forthcoming. I espied a tub of Quality Street chocolates nearby and remarked that I'd always been fond of their orange and strawberry creams. The tight kent remained unmoved.

His mood was in complete contrast to the Friday before last following the Conservative Party securing a 4th successive General Election victory when he was all smiles. Then though he was supremely confident of securing a pre-Crimbo leg over courtesy of a Cadoxton tart who he'd interfered with several times previously for the price of a Domino's pizza and Diet Coke. For reasons he was reticent about she failed to oblige and I suspect he's been thwarted in all similar endeavours.

What a yuletide rotter that fella is!

The day I vote conservative is the day I let you in via the back door

Re: Where is the Christmas spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The day I vote conservative is the day I let you in via the back door
    If this message board is anything to go by, he's chomping at the bit.