+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What do our coaches work on with our players?

What do our coaches work on with our players?

Been thinking this for a while and it’s come up again in another thread.

Why aren’t our players given coaching sessions to improve aspects of their game?

Etheridge - kicking and throwing (and the speed of his decision making)

Plenty - comfort on the ball and movement off it

NML - First touch, passing. why aren’t our coaches trying to help him improve this part of his game?

I know they probably work on a lot as a team, but surely the players can offer up some of their own time. Why can’t Neil stay behind and practice his kicking for an hour after the other lads go? Etc.

Re: What do our coaches work on with our players?

Pass the parcel. The ball being the parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Why aren’t our players given coaching sessions to improve aspects of their game?

NML - First touch, passing. why aren’t our coaches trying to help him improve this part of his game?

I know they probably work on a lot as a team, but surely the players can offer up some of their own time. Why can’t Neil stay behind and practice his kicking for an hour after the other lads go? Etc.
    You can’t polish a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Of course all this could be happening but the players just aren't good enough for you to notice any effect

Sometimes I think they're playing a game of Stuck-in-the-Mud and someone has to crawl through the players legs before they can move.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Of course all this could be happening but the players just aren't good enough for you to notice any effect
    I doubt it. Both names players are as they were when they came

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You can’t polish a turd.
    But you can.

There’s something there, they just can’t be trying. They don’t want to be better, or we’d see a difference over time with them.

Laing has probably still got the first touch he’s had since he could kick a ball... just as Etheridge hasn’t got even slightly better with his kicking.. as for the speed of his decision making there must be 9 too many options outfield for him to throw/kick to as he just looks lost when you see him trying to release the ball quickly with a throw.

I’m not knocking individuals here, it’s constructive criticism imo, I want them to improve this side of their games.

What are the coaches doing?

Improve what we’ve got for this season, ship out a few jan and the rest that can’t step up by the summer.

Can’t just blame the manager, the players have to have a go now as well. And coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You can’t polish a turd.
    But you can roll it in glitter

They couldn't pass water