+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glatzel

Re: Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    People keep using service as an excuse but he’s one of the reasons we can’t get up the pitch to give him any service.

We didn’t hoof the ball to him today. If it’s played into him 9/10 he can’t control it. One to e second half he tried to take a ball under control on the centre spot and his first touch was so bad his second touch was outside the centre circle. He doesn’t create space with clever movement. He doesn’t play off the shoulder. He is not strong. He can’t run the channels.

What can he do? Seriously?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Glatzel isnt to blame. But hes a striker bought for around 5m and is not up to it and probably should be released. We have other issues , need a clear out but this thread is about Glatzel and he needs moving on.
    Plenty of players have been criticised who have poor game after poor game.

People keep using service as an excuse but he’s one of the reasons we can’t get up the pitch to give him any service.

Whenever it goes in his direction it breaks down.

We didn’t hoof the ball to him today. If it’s played into him 9/10 he can’t control it. One time second half he tried to take a ball under control on the centre spot and his first touch was so bad his second touch was outside the centre circle. He doesn’t create space with clever movement. He doesn’t play off the shoulder. He is not strong. He can’t run the channels.

What can he do? Seriously?
    I have asked this and I still don't know. We'd be better off playing Madine at present, at least he'd head the ball. Could we play Paterson? Couldn't be any worse. None of our strikers are any good and it doesn't help that we can say that about 15 of the first team squad, at least.

Plenty of players have been criticised who have poor game after poor game.
    There always has to be a scapegoat though with some people and as for us not hoofing the ball up to whoever the poor sod is who is leading our attack, that's what our first option appears to be because we keep on playing the ball back to Etheridge all of the time. With some modern goalkeepers, you can have a player with the talent to launch attacks with accurate long passes, with Etheridge you get hoofs and not very accurate ones at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I have asked this and I still don't know. We'd be better off playing Madine at present, at least he'd head the ball. Could we play Paterson? Couldn't be any worse. None of our strikers are any good and it doesn't help that we can say that about 15 of the first team squad, at least.
    Madine barely won a header in his recent run in the team, what he did do was hold up the ball quite well and bring others into play to suggest he is another who could do better if the ball was played to his feet more, but you only have to look at what we doing with any throw in we have that is not in our attacking third to see how reliant we are on hitting our striker with aerial "fighting balls".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There always has to be a scapegoat though with some people and as for us not hoofing the ball up to whoever the poor sod is who is leading our attack, that's what our first option appears to be because we keep on playing the ball back to Etheridge all of the time. With some modern goalkeepers, you can have a player with the talent to launch attacks with accurate long passes, with Etheridge you get hoofs and not very accurate ones at that.
    Glatzel cost £5.5m and hasn't done anything. Whoever decided to recommend him should be out the door if they haven't already. He is a fish out of water in British football. I personally think a lot of our issues come from a lack of anything up top, unfortunately Jay Bothroyds don't grow on trees. Our style of play is appalling and there are lots of factors, including the lack of any creativity or movement but even in the moments Glatzel has go the ball in decent areas, or at his feet, I've been very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We tried to play it on the deck, especially 2nd half but every time it went near Glatzel, Hoilett or Mendez Laing it just breaks down. Tomlin couldn’t weave any magic today apart from one shot and Bacuna seemed to want to take2/3 touches to get the ball out of his feet which slowed down any momentum. It certainly was not the type of aimless hoofball we saw under Warnock. It wasn’t pretty either but that was more down to the application than the tactics.

Good shout with Paterson. He's awkward enough and has a habit of winning balls in the air. He was arguably our best "striker" in the Premier League, which says lots about the competition.

It's just boring. Pedestrian, one-paced, safety first football. Tomlin aside, there's nobody to get you off your seat. Can't even see how DML could defend this. He surely won't criticise Harris and sure as hell won't find any fault with Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good shout with Paterson. He's awkward enough and has a habit of winning balls in the air. He was arguably our best "striker" in the Premier League, which says lots about the competition.
    If it comes to Paterson playing up front again then that has to be the final act of desperation. I don't think that Harris would do that on principal alone. Glatzel, Ward, Bogle, Madine and Vassell,a shitfest that must've cost the best part of 18 million by that idiot Warnock. We'd have had more luck if we'd have pulled names out of a hat. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If it comes to Paterson playing up front again then that has to be the final act of desperation. I don't think that Harris would do that on principal alone. Glatzel, Ward, Bogle, Madine and Vassell,a shitfest that must've cost the best part of 18 million by that idiot Warnock. We'd have had more luck if we'd have pulled names out of a hat. Shocking.
    Paterson makes things happen. It is not a long term solution but it might be the best bet which is a shocking statement. I'd forgotten about Vassell. £3m on a bloody sicknote.

Harris doesn't seem to fancy Paterson, I think he could be a casualty in Jan as someone might want him.

Paterson makes things happen. It is not a long term solution but it might be the best bet which is a shocking statement. I'd forgotten about Vassell. £3m on a bloody sicknote.

Harris doesn't seem to fancy Paterson, I think he could be a casualty in Jan as someone might want him.
    I get what you're saying, but **** me, if ever there was an admission of total ****wittery it would be to put Paterson up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Of course it's desperation, brought on by the fact that Warnock's striking purchases have been so shit that we've needed a makeshift right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Of course it's desperation, brought on by the fact that Warnock's striking purchases have been so shit that we've needed a makeshift right back.
    One issue with that, Paterson isn't a right back, or at least a good one. God knows what he is but he isn't a defender.

We tried to play it on the deck, especially 2nd half but every time it went near Glatzel, Hoilett or Mendez Laing it just breaks down. Tomlin couldn’t weave any magic today apart from one shot and Bacuna seemed to want to take2/3 touches to get the ball out of his feet which slowed down any momentum. It certainly was not the type of aimless hoofball we saw under Warnock. It wasn’t pretty either but that was more down to the application than the tactics.
    I agree, we did try to play the ball on the ground more than normal and that was probably why I left the match thinking it had been a bit better than normal - as an aside, it was impossible to avoid the groans from some in the crowd when we were refusing to stick it in the mixer late on (if Neil Harris does try to get us playing more football, and I'm not convinced yet that is a priority with him, there are many City fans who will not be pleased I reckon).

I still say though that Glatzel had more fighting aerial balls played vaguely in his direction by the likes of Etheridge and the back four then he had played into his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Has there been a game all season where the loan striker has not been replaced after 60-65 minutes due to being totally ineffective and looking like they weren’t going to score if they were the only man on the pitch?
    Loan striker......if only he was, we could give the bugger back!!!!

International

urmmm!!!!!

He’s started again even though his performance on Thursday was pathetic.

Harris must see something in training worth persevering with

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Goals maybe?

And he scores

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Looks ok today.

What’s pathetic is posters knocking players, especially ones not being used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And he scores
    Lets hope he scores at least another one and we win. It might just shut up the continual moaners who have nothing better to do than criticise any player who pulls on a City shirt.

Glazel's goal scoring record is not that bad. Why some think Madine - the man who can't score or even get near to scoring - is a better alternative is beyond me. The problem is that Glazel is not being played correctly. He is better with the ball played to him on the floor and not hoofed into the air.

That is 4 in 15 now for Glatzel.

4 more than Madine has managed in all his time here and twice as many as Zohore (who I never rated but some here dress up as a world beater).

He is finding his feet now it seems and hopefully we have realised the long pumped ball is next to useless and he is better on the deck.