+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glatzel

Glatzel

I didn’t think it was possible for someone to make a less half hearted attempt at challenging for a ball than Zahore but I think we’ve found him! Obviously doesn’t like heading the ball, he controls the ball further than I kick it! Ive stayed patient with him up till now. A bit of effort wouldn’t go amiss. £6M?!!! Was Warnock Jnr involved in this transfer any chance?

Re: Glatzel

Doesn’t help Tan keeps picking him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Doesn’t help Tan keeps picking him.
    He was very poor but the only sniff of the ball he got was a swirling kick from defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    I didn’t think it was possible for someone to make a less half hearted attempt at challenging for a ball than Zahore but I think we’ve found him! Obviously doesn’t like heading the ball, he controls the ball further than I kick it! Ive stayed patient with him up till now. A bit of effort wouldn’t go amiss. £6M?!!! Was Warnock Jnr involved in this transfer any chance?
    He didn't do to badly today, showed a few glimpses of his game which is quite obviously with the ball at his feet rolled into him. He isn't going to win headers, run channels or impose himself on the opposition, sorry folks, no point in moaning about that aspect of his game because it doesn't exist. Got to look at Warnock and his thinking. That man has ****ed things right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He didn't do to badly today, showed a few glimpses of his game which is quite obviously with the ball at his feet rolled into him. He isn't going to win headers, run channels or impose himself on the opposition, sorry folks, no point in moaning about that aspect of his game because it doesn't exist. Got to look at Warnock and his thinking. That man has ****ed things right up.
    Ball into his feet? It just bounces off him if its played at a half decent pace. His touch is almost as bad as Patersons.

An absolute awful signing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ball into his feet? It just bounces off him if its played at a half decent pace. His touch is almost as bad as Patersons.

An absolute awful signing.
    On a couple of occasions to day (literally 2) he did pretty well when the ball was rolled into him. I agree that he's not up to it, i said as much in August.

On a couple of occasions to day (literally 2) he did pretty well when the ball was rolled into him. I agree that he's not up to it, i said as much in August.
    Yes by rolled, it was rolled at a snails pace from a few yards. Like the sort of ball youd roll into a toddler, or a kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes by rolled, it was rolled at a snails pace from a few yards. Like the sort of ball youd roll into a toddler, or a kitten.
    I'm trying to be positive here He's not up to it, his reactions are so slow and he can't cope with the physicality of the Championship. Good work by 'Sir Neil'

I'm trying to be positive here He's not up to it, his reactions are so slow and he can't cope with the physicality of the Championship. Good work by 'Sir Neil'
    Don't try to be positive.

Completely out of his depth.

Forget the physicality he cant trap a ball. In fact I cant think of anything positive about his play.

Write the 5m off get him off the wage bill and give him a free.

Ward and Glazel should play alongside each other in a 4-4-2. That should bring about some improvement; it can't get much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Ward and Glazel should play alongside each other in a 4-4-2. That should bring about some improvement; it can't get much worse.
    Nah, nothing is going to work.

I must have been watching a different game - I thought he played well considering the way he was hustled about by Millwall.
    His link up play was good too.
    He’s just not a big lump to pump long balls to.
    I thought we were (even) worse when he was replaced by Ward.

We dont have a decent striker at the Club.

Pretty shocking when you consider how much money we've thrown at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That’s how we played at Swansea and it was a disaster

I've been willing to give Glatzel the benefit of the doubt and keep hoping he would come good but he was poor against Preston and the same today and I think the Championship is too much for him Certainly not a target man or blessed with any pace I just don't understand what the club saw in him to pay £5million to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    We dont have a decent striker at the Club.

Pretty shocking when you consider how much money we've thrown at it.
    Sums it up. I'd say they're all for sale and we have to get someone else. Glatzel is an absolute disaster. Madine and Ward are just about passable at this level and probably the only ones I'd contemplate keeping. You know what you'll get and they'll put themselves about. Bogle isn't up to it and Glatzel, well Jesus Christ.

I said leaving the ground, could we play Paterson there short term. Can't be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I must have been watching a different game - I thought he played well considering the way he was hustled about by Millwall.
    His link up play was good too.
    He’s just not a big lump to pump long balls to.
    I thought we were (even) worse when he was replaced by Ward.
    It seemed to me that he might have had a rocket at half time because he was more competive in the air after the break and he gained us a few free kicks, but, just like Zohore before him, it's plainly obvious that this is not his game and yet we insist on getting the ball back to our very erratic when it comes to kicking goalkeeper so that he can welly it up to our target man.

I have never understood the need some supporters have to single out one player for stick in a team that has been playing poorly for weeks - we aren't under achieving this season solely because of a single player, we are doing so because we have problems all over the pitch.

I'm never really sure if he's either:

a) a decent player, starved of any sort of service; or
    b) dogshit

While I want to believe it is (a), by now I can't help but feel that a decent player would have found a way to demonstrate his ability. Like the rest of the squad, I saw him as a new player when Harris took over but he just offers nothing. He has none of the abilities you might think necessary of a professional footballer. His first touch is dreadful; he is never in space; he's got no pace, no trickery, no skill; he's soft. I am sure the way we play is exactly what he is not looking for, but nevertheless he's shown no real sign that he belongs on the pitch. I've no idea what he does that could ever give the other team any problems - I reckon I could mark him.

But this season is basically a drawn-out trial for squad places for next season, so he will have a lot of time yet to prove otherwise, and I hope he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I'm never really sure if he's either:

a) a decent player, starved of any sort of service; or
    b) dogshit

While I want to believe it is (a), by now I can't help but feel that a decent player would have found a way to demonstrate his ability. Like the rest of the squad, I saw him as a new player when Harris took over but he just offers nothing. He has none of the abilities you might think necessary of a professional footballer. His first touch is dreadful; he is never in space; he's got no pace, no trickery, no skill; he's soft. I am sure the way we play is exactly what he is not looking for, but nevertheless he's shown no real sign that he belongs on the pitch. I've no idea what he does that could ever give the other team any problems - I reckon I could mark him.

But this season is basically a drawn-out trial for squad places for next season, so he will have a lot of time yet to prove otherwise, and I hope he does.
    It begs the question, What in gods name did Warnock see in him? I thought he was poor after about three games, he can't do the basics, he's the slowest player i've ever seen to react in any situation, he doesn't protect the ball or bust his balls to get into the box on the rare occasion he keeps it and gives it to one of our players. I pointed out his positive contributions earlier, it really is desperate when i could only think of two over a whole game.

It’s the apparent lack of enthusiasm/effort. I don’t think I’ve seen him ‘attack’ a header yet, he seems to hang around his marker hoping for some kind of mistake. Ion not just talking about the long balls but also crosses into the box. Niasse was not great for us last season (understatement) but at least he seemed willing.

Nah, nothing is going to work.
    We need to stop playing with 2 wingers that are no good
    Madine and Glatzel with Tomlin just behind with 3 in midfield 4-3-3

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    It’s the apparent lack of enthusiasm/effort. I don’t think I’ve seen him ‘attack’ a header yet, he seems to hang around his marker hoping for some kind of mistake. Ion not just talking about the long balls but also crosses into the box. Niasse was not great for us last season (understatement) but at least he seemed willing.
    Has there been a game all season where the loan striker has not been replaced after 60-65 minutes due to being totally ineffective and looking like they weren’t going to score if they were the only man on the pitch?

I have to agree with The Other Bob Wilson: Murphy couldn’t be blamed today, so now it’s Glatzel’s turn.
    I thought Tomlin looked sluggish as well as Hoilett and Pack, but the team as a whole were poor.
    It was difficult to take anything positive out of the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I have to agree with The Other Bob Wilson: Murphy couldn’t be blamed today, so now it’s Glatzel’s turn.
    I thought Tomlin looked sluggish as well as Hoilett and Pack, but the team as a whole were poor.
    It was difficult to take anything positive out of the game today.
    Glatzel isnt to blame. But hes a striker bought for around 5m and is not up to it and probably should be released. We have other issues , need a clear out but this thread is about Glatzel and he needs moving on.

People keep using service as an excuse but he’s one of the reasons we can’t get up the pitch to give him any service.

Whenever it goes in his direction it breaks down.

We didn’t hoof the ball to him today. If it’s played into him 9/10 he can’t control it. One time second half he tried to take a ball under control on the centre spot and his first touch was so bad his second touch was outside the centre circle. He doesn’t create space with clever movement. He doesn’t play off the shoulder. He is not strong. He can’t run the channels.

What can he do? Seriously?