+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrs is going to Have to rip it up..

Re: Harrs is going to Have to rip it up..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    At least it shows that Harris wants to move in the right direction. I don't care much about this upcoming window, in fact I'd prefer we stayed well out of it unless something long-term and good value comes along. I think we'll see a lot of the dead wood gone and the team completely retooled over the next two summers. I'm fully prepared to wait and build slowly.
    I’d agree. Move people on and replace if there’s a decent deal to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’d agree. Move people on and replace if there’s a decent deal to be had.
    Apart from Tomlin I think we could safely ship everyone out and not miss any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Apart from Tomlin I think we could safely ship everyone out and not miss any of them.
    Could yes.

But plenty to work on/with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I did not think you were, the post was to posters that are having a go at him!
    After the Preston game had Harris tried something different then at least that would have been encouraging, we could have gone with Flint Nelson and Peltier at the back with Paterson and Bennett or Richards as wing backs, pass back Pack could have moved further up field and could stop standing next to his own centre halve? Bacuna alongside with Tomlin having a free role and free up someone. (Not Ward) to play alongside Glatzel
    At least he would be looking to try something new, if the wingers we have are not performing why persist with that formation?

Instead we just had more of the same, usually at Christmas time crowds increase as people take advantage of the break and go for a football fix, can you see anyone who watched that crap looking to buy a half season ticket?

We're stuck with Harris for the time being, but how long do you think he will be here serving up that kind of mind numbing entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    95% of the time he is a terrible footballer, but he is capable of doing something brilliant. He's been shit for the last few games, so he'll probably score a wonder goal on Sunday. Then he'll then go back to being shit.
    In a way that reminds me of Whitts' first season or two with us. Forest were reportedly getting a £2m bid ready for him and plenty of City fans would have sold him. He stayed and became an incredibly consistent and brilliant performer.

The difference is that Whittingham was a technically superb footballer. Mendez-Laing certainly isn't. He's got a fantastic bust of pace and can score spectacular goals coming in from the left on his right foot. That's it, though. His crossing isn't great and he couldn't trap a fly.

NML has something to offer but I wonder if he's more of a forward than a winger?

This was a quote from Harris after the Millwall game:

"It's about the players delivering what I want and there's no quick fix. We had the majority of the ball (against Millwall) which has not been normal for the lads, so just getting used to having the football again is important - finding a different way to play."

Whatever you might say about Harris's shortcomings, he's being done no favours by the squad Warnock left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

"It's about the players delivering what I want and there's no quick fix. We had the majority of the ball (against Millwall) which has not been normal for the lads, so just getting used to having the football again is important - finding a different way to play."

Whatever you might say about Harris's shortcomings, he's being done no favours by the squad Warnock left behind.
    Getting used to it, which backs up others claims that the players have had the football coached out of them.

If they keep trying that will do for me this season. We have patience with a player coming back from injury getting back up to game fitness, I guess with respects to how we’re going to want to play we’re gonna have to get used to the fact that it’s going to be a process and the players will improve game by game with respect to passing and moving.. it’s certainly not the cardiff city groove at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

But, but, but he’s had 8 games. We should be passing sides off the park by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In a way that reminds me of Whitts' first season or two with us. Forest were reportedly getting a £2m bid ready for him and plenty of City fans would have sold him. He stayed and became an incredibly consistent and brilliant performer.

The difference is that Whittingham was a technically superb footballer. Mendez-Laing certainly isn't. He's got a fantastic bust of pace and can score spectacular goals coming in from the left on his right foot. That's it, though. His crossing isn't great and he couldn't trap a fly.

NML has something to offer but I wonder if he's more of a forward than a winger?
    His technique is so bad that he's never going to perform consistently well. He's probably best used as an impact player who you bring off the bench with 25 minutes to go when you need to try something different.