+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Ethridge - 4 - poor kicking, should have done better for the goal
    Peltier - 5 - solid until the injury
    Flint - 6 - good take for the goal. Anonymous otherwise
    Nelson - 5 - same as flint minus the goal
    Bennett - 5 little support given to the wingers. Few good moments
    Pack - 3 - lost the ball regularly. Slow. Offers nothing except being risk adverse
    Bacuna - 6 pretty solid. Couple of good touches
    Mendez Laing - 4 - kick and chase merchant. Shouldn’t start. 2 good runs but should have been hooked off well before that
    Hoilett- 5 - a couple of decent runs but lacking in real support
    Tomlin - 5 - struggled to get a grip on the game and wasn’t getting in the spaces. Not getting behind the man
    Glatzel - 3 - lacking in support from anyone and played aimless long balls but just couldn’t win a header or keep hold of the ball regardless

Subs
    Jazz - 7 - best city player for me.
    Ward - 5 - one decent flick header
    Whyte - n/a bit should be starting at the moment

Re: Player ratings

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ethridge - 4 - poor kicking, should have done better for the goal
    Peltier - 5 - solid until the injury
    Flint - 6 - good take for the goal. Anonymous otherwise
    Nelson - 5 - same as flint minus the goal
    Bennett - 5 little support given to the wingers. Few good moments
    Pack - 3 - lost the ball regularly. Slow. Offers nothing except being risk adverse
    Bacuna - 6 pretty solid. Couple of good touches
    Mendez Laing - 4 - kick and chase merchant. Shouldn’t start. 2 good runs but should have been hooked off well before that
    Tomlin - 5 - struggled to get a grip on the game and wasn’t getting in the spaces. Not getting behind the man
    Glatzel - 3 - lacking in support from anyone and played aimless long balls but just couldn’t win a header or keep hold of the ball regardless

Subs
    Ward - 5 - one decent flick header
    I don't think that NML was as bad as some are making out.

Ethridge - 4 - his kicking reminds me of my golf.
    Peltier - 4 - hope he's out for a while
    Flint - 6 - Dominant in the air. Distribution poor
    Nelson - 6 - Hmmm
    Bennett - 6 A lot better in the second half.
    Pack - 5 -His most worrying performance of the season
    Bacuna - 5, Carries the ball well. But needs more precision and speed of passing
    NML 6 - Shit in the 1st half much better in the second with Jazz to play with
    Hoilett- 6 - Our best player in the 1st half but faded
    Tomlin - 6 - I think he was on the sherry yesterday. Poor 1st half. Much better in the 2nd. Sublime shot and made things happen late on.
    Glatzel - 5 - Very disapponting. But lumping the ball up to him is just plain stupid.
    Subs
    Jazz - 7 - MOM. Made a big difference down the right hand side. One of the few footballers we have. Should be starting
    Ward - 5 - Not the answer I'm afraid.
    Whyte - n/a Should be starting

Etheridge 5 - poor kicking, but no worse than normal, so don't understand the lower marks given to him or the criticism for what was a brilliant goal by Wallace.
    Peltier 5 - so so performance while he was on.
    Flint 6 - played a part in what has been two better defensive performances from the team, couldn't miss for his goal.
    Nelson 6 - currently our best centre back.
    Bennett 6 - not as error prone today, but still some way short of his best.

Pack 5 - brave player who always makes himself available, but, despite the team trying to play in a way which would suit him more today, was not influential enough.
    Bacuna 5 -our most energetic midfielder, but there's also a lack of composure with him that was in evidence today.
    Tomlin 6 - not at his best, but what quality City showed on the ball was almost entirely down to him.

Hoilett 5 - erratic today with more careless moments than normal for someone who has been the best of our largely Under performing wingers this season.
    Mendez-Laing 6 - better than he has been recently today, but the threatening moments still way outweighed anything that was produced in terms of an end product.

Glatzel 5 - apart from one moment when he showed good footwork to get away a shot, was anonymous in the first half. Improved after the break, but looks another in a long list of disappointing strikers we've had during this decade.

Subs. Richards 7 - agree with earlier comments. In a team so short of "proper" footballers, he should be starting every week if fit.
    Ward 5 - made no real contribution while he was on.
    Whyte n/a - snatched at late chance to be a hero with his only touch while he was on, but it would be unfair to be too critical of him.

‘Who scored’ player ratings

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/188/Show/Wales-Cardiff

Interesting how little effect our wingers and strikers have had

Ward the only one to score 5 goals .. Tomlin,Flint,Ralls all involved in more/same

Interesting that Murphy has the most assists of all of them and look at appearances .. all over the shop. You’d expect 5 or 6 to have played all or most of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ethridge - 5 - two or three poor kicks but notably tried to speed up distribution with short passes or throwing the ball out and no one gave him the option. His poor distribution was therefore a collective negative rather than all his own doing, but I do think he should be disappointed in conceding from so far out.

Peltier - 5 - a typical Peltier performance before the injury: wlows us down going forward, at least he's being encouraged to try now, but more or less solid defensively.
    Flint - 4 - scored but looked to slow down Etheridge's attempts at speeding up distribution.
    Nelson - 5 - big, clean, tackle before half-time in our own box where Tom Bradshaw called for penalty.
    Bennett - 5 - offered support to the wingers but clearly rusty

Pack - 3 - lost the ball regularly. Slow. Today was a day where a big manager would have subbed his captain.
    Bacuna - 5 pretty solid. Couple of good touches but slowed us down in good offensive areas today.

Mendez Laing - 4 - kick and chase merchant.
    Tomlin - 5 - struggled to get a grip on the game and wasn’t getting in the spaces. Looked off the pace, potentially as a result of so many consecutive 90 minutes.

Glatzel - 4 - lacking in support from anyone and played aimless long balls but just couldn’t win a header or keep hold of the ball regardless

Subs
    Ward - n/a - looked up for it as ever
    I mostly agree with you but have tweaked the reasoning and some scores.