+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Better than Saturday, but few grounds for Cardiff optimism as 2020 beckons.

Better than Saturday, but few grounds for Cardiff optimism as 2020 beckons.

Re: Better than Saturday, but few grounds for Cardiff optimism as 2020 beckons.

If there was any improvement it was marginal and the truth is that Millwall looked a significantly weaker side than Preston. The fact that both of the teams we watched yesterday are within reach of the play-off positions at the halfway point of the campaign speaks volumes about the quality of the Championship this season. It was a desperately poor game between two poor sides.

Our build up play is too slow and any excitement is normally accompanied with “chase it” shouts from the crowd rather than incisive passing or movement.

The last 2 games haven’t changed my opinion that this championship is much of a muchness and this “hard to break down “ style away from home applies to many , trouble is we adapt that style both home and away.!

I am pleased to see Brentford rewarded for their way of playing and ability to keep unearthing young players who are on a run that has carried them to third.i wish someone from our club would go and visit them to find out how they do it !

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Our build up play is too slow and any excitement is normally accompanied with “chase it” shouts from the crowd rather than incisive passing or movement.

The last 2 games haven’t changed my opinion that this championship is much of a muchness and this “hard to break down “ style away from home applies to many , trouble is we adapt that style both home and away.!

I am pleased to see Brentford rewarded for their way of playing and ability to keep unearthing young players who are on a run that has carried them to third.i wish someone from our club would go and visit them to find out how they do it !
    No one from our club is remotely interested in how they do it. They just want to sell up and move on as quickly as possible

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On the money again Bob: small signs of change but an overall lack of co-ordination and teamwork, inviting unfavourable comparison with the organization and discipline we saw from Preston, who fortunately didn't have a hitman up front or we'd have been mincemeat.

Not expecting a result against Wednesday but will be happy with a good performance and more evidence of improvement.

It's what I said it would be if we changed manager.
    I see no sign that the team is clear about exactly what they're trying to do, and at no point are they controlling the other team.
    There's every reason to think that the new manager can eventually turn it around, and he's doing nothing wrong, but it was always going to be the case that changing styles would take time.
    Lee Tomln has proved me wrong and is giving some brilliant performances but despite having more strikers than Bryant and May, none of them could hit a cow's arse with a banjo, so that's a bit wasted.
    No point in complaining at this point. We've chosen a long road back to where we already were, but all anyone can do is to get on with it and wait for an improvement

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "A careless foul, committed by Tomlin I believe it was, gave Millwall a chance from what still seemed too far out to score from a direct shot."

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_q6xrys9b

Pack foul on 12:51 for Millwall equalizer.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It's what I said it would be if we changed manager.
    I see no sign that the team is clear about exactly what they're trying to do, and at no point are they controlling the other team.
    There's every reason to think that the new manager can eventually turn it around, and he's doing nothing wrong, but it was always going to be the case that changing styles would take time.
    Lee Tomln has proved me wrong and is giving some brilliant performances but despite having more strikers than Bryant and May, none of them could hit a cow's arse with a banjo, so that's a bit wasted.
    No point in complaining at this point. We've chosen a long road back to where we already were, but all anyone can do is to get on with it and wait for an improvement
    100% with you on this.