+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Wolves 3 - 2 Man City

Re: FT: Wolves 3 - 2 Man City

Wolves do the double over Man City.

Re: Wolves v Man City

....as they leave the field to Hey Jude.........which once upon a time was a curtain opener for City....one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What a team Wolves have put together. If they can keep their manager, they could become a top 4 club.
    His Warnock fist pump is still in the PL, what a difference a good manager and decent spending can make.

If the league wasn't over before this weekend, it is now.
    Liverpool could domimate for a while.

Big double for Wolves, fair play to them.

Fully deserved by Wolves. What a terrific footballing side.

Wolves are recognisable from the side that purchased one Joe Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't like them. But I begrudgingly admire them.

Look at that!
    The same mate. He’s a top coach and they play nice football. But they have had an advantage with the Portuguese link.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We were linked with traore at one point, but plenty on here thought he was shit. Having a great season tbf
    He was shit last season. The improvement is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Shows what a bit of coaching can do.

But apparently you can’t polish a turd..

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There was enough evidence there that he had something. He didn't often put it all together last season but he's always had the potential to do this

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wolves are recognisable from the side that purchased one Joe Mason.
    They are recognisable, yes. They still wear the same colour shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There was enough evidence there that he had something. He didn't often put it all together last season but he's always had the potential to do this
    I've always thought there's a great player inside him. He's got all the attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Shows what a bit of coaching can do.

But apparently you can’t polish a turd..
    How long would it have taken for NW to ruin him?, he just didn't dodge a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded magazine. Great to see skillful players allowed to express themselves on the pitch, maybe he doesn't train very well, or defend very well, or possibly not run for miles during a game or not give 125% or my personal favourite, isn't experienced enough!!!!! Willie Boland he isn't. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    How long would it have taken for NW to ruin him?, he just didn't dodge a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded magazine. Great to see skillful players allowed to express themselves on the pitch, maybe he doesn't train very well, or defend very well, or possibly not run for miles during a game or not give 125% or my personal favourite, isn't experienced enough!!!!! Willie Boland he isn't. 😂
    I know the manager has got to be the boss, but **** sake the amount of times we had players missing last season for various shit reasons (that basically equates to manager not being happy) was comical.

To answer your question I reckon he would be the equivalent to NML now if Warnock got hold of him, and he would have missed plenty of games too (not training well, didn’t listen to me zzz)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know the manager has got to be the boss, but **** sake the amount of times we had players missing last season for various shit reasons (that basically equates to manager not being happy) was comical.

To answer your question I reckon he would be the equivalent to NML now if Warnock got hold of him, and he would have missed plenty of games too (not training well, didn’t listen to me zzz)
    To reverse it slightly, would NML be a better player if having spent a year or so coached by the wolves manager?
    😀

never in a million years would NML be a better player with nuno . The likes of nuno and pep look for elite technical players as well as athletes

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    never in a million years would NML be a better player with nuno . The likes of nuno and pep look for elite technical players as well as athletes
    NML would almost definitely be a better player under Nuno or Pep, how much better is anyone's guess. I'd become a better player under either of them as well!

The top flight game has changed beyond recognition from the days you and I were playing tuerto

Nuno and Pep tactics are basically 11 a side futsal . they are many references on the net on the tactics they employ and how expand high pressing games with technical players and sadly this country is years behind as i,v e mentioned once or twice in the past on here over the years !!!!

The DNA for england youth football is addressing this issue and they are hopeing to see results to flow into the 11 a side top flight game in the year 2024 !

it was nice to see Nuno at Wolves sign an england futsal international at the start of the season .

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-futsal-wolves

The top flight game has changed beyond recognition from the days you and I were playing tuerto

Nuno and Pep tactics are basically 11 a side futsal . they are many references on the net on the tactics they employ and how expand high pressing games with technical players and sadly this country is years behind as i,v e mentioned once or twice in the past on here over the years !!!!

The DNA for england youth football is addressing this issue and they are hopeing to see results to flow into the 11 a side top flight game in the year 2024 !

it was nice to see Nuno at Wolves sign an england futsal international at the start of the season .

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-futsal-wolves
    All well and good, i still believe that Pep Or Nuno would improve NML, even if it was only by 1%

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I see that they dropped that rule too much messing about with the footy rules
    Only applies to penalty shootouts. Never has been a rule in open play.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Only applies to penalty shootouts. Never has been a rule in open play.
    There was definitely talk of it preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    To reverse it slightly, would NML be a better player if having spent a year or so coached by the wolves manager?
    😀
    Yes.

Of course he would.

Good coaches can get the best out of all sorts of players. I reckon they’d improve me too

Bit harsh to suggest he couldn’t improve with better coaching.