+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dundee derby

Re: Dundee derby

Crikey, the Christmas bonhomie has disintegrated earlier than usual.

This sort of carry on is why the end of year CCMB Annual Message Board Awards had to be discontinued. It became so bad that in what became the final ceremony most in attendance were tooled-up for their own protection.

Gunman was the catalyst for most of the angst. Like clockwork he'd be pipped for the blue riband Champion Poster gong by his arch-rival, Bobsy Wilson, who'd rub it in by doing laps, with trophy in hand, around the table Gunman was sat at with his big chum Steve Day, AKA Pine Man, a purveyor of crap furniture.

It kicked-off in a big way when Wilson failed to get a rise from his foe by staring intently at him when picking his nose. In a desperate gambit he stood a few feet away and proceeded to twerk at him. Gunman, to his credit, remained aloof by casting his gaze towards the ceiling and adopting a contemptuous visage. Wilson's response was to bend lower and deliver vigorous inverted V-signs from between his legs which enraged Gunman who retaliated by launching the 99 ice cream he was enjoying. Unfortunately for him, it whistled past Wilson's right ear hole to hit Moggis straight in the kisser.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This thread seems to have gone off topic....

What did you think of Graham Dorrans' performance? Is he too good for the league he's playing in? At 32 could he still do a job at a higher level?
    From what I saw of him last night, he’s playing at the right level now. Took his goal really well. Didn’t panic when the defender tried to shut him down.
    Still has the ability but imo he’s reached his peak.
    Good signing for Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm going out with a bunch of mates this afternoon. No doubt the Brighton v Bournemouth Premier League game will be live on the pub's TV screens, but I'm going to ask the landlord if he can switch to the Sutton United v Yeovil Town match instead.

Look at me, everyone. I'm a real football fan.
    I quite enjoy watching different levels of football, having experienced the joy of being a Cardiff City Supporter in the greedy league it put a new perspective on football in general .
    I can’t deny the football on offer in the premier League is generally good quality , there is also a lot to be said for lower league football .
    The championship being super competitive this season for example , top can’t beat bottom ...
    Thanks for the update on your life , I am always interested how the BIG posters are spending their day .
    I am on a beach on Tenerife .
    Watched the Rangers game on Boxing Day in the Ibrox bar , sounds like it was a lot more entertaining than the Cardiff game ?
    For once , I didn’t mind missing the Cardiff game ... A true football supporter me !

I'm going out with a bunch of mates this afternoon. No doubt the Brighton v Bournemouth Premier League game will be live on the pub's TV screens, but I'm going to ask the landlord if he can switch to the Sutton United v Yeovil Town match instead.

Look at me, everyone. I'm a real football fan.
    Watching the Sutton/Yeovil game now. A cracker. After sticking 6 past Torquay on Boxing Day, I fancied them to score a few today. They’ve got 2 so far, but are up against an in form Sutton team and are 3-2 down at the moment 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    From what I saw of him last night, he’s playing at the right level now. Took his goal really well. Didn’t panic when the defender tried to shut him down.
    Still has the ability but imo he’s reached his peak.
    Good signing for Dundee.
    He's the only name I recognised when having a quick look through team-sheets, thank you

The premier league is getting better and better as the mega money seems now to be spent on improving scouting systems, managerial/coaching appointments and key backroom staff. It's amazing how close we came to staying up last year when spending money so poorly and trying to conjure up something magic from desire and togetherness - the good and bad of Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He's the only name I recognised when having a quick look through team-sheets, thank you

The premier league is getting better and better as the mega money seems now to be spent on improving scouting systems, managerial/coaching appointments and key backroom staff. It's amazing how close we came to staying up last year when spending money so poorly and trying to conjure up something magic from desire and togetherness - the good and bad of Warnock.
    Sheffield Utd are having a great season so far.
    Although Liverpool and Man City are dominating at the moment, it really does seem to be getting more and more competitive. The likes of Wolves and Leicester are really adding something to it.
    The money getting pumped in and some of the wages paid to the top players is quite obscene, but supply and demand will always win.
    Watching games like the Dundee derby now and then, brings you back down to earth, but in a good way 👍

I thought it was the football purists who were watching the Dundee derby? You know, the real fans who like 'good old fashioned' football, not those plastic Premier League types?

Personally, as I don't have Amazon Prime I watched the darts.
    And you knock a guy for enjoying the Dundee derby?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I see Graham Dorrans scored Dundee’s equaliser. He’s only 32, thought he was older than that for some reason.

Surprised Warnock didn’t offer him a 4 year deal in the summer when we were looking for a centre mid.
    Way too creative for Warnock .

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Crikey, the Christmas bonhomie has disintegrated earlier than usual.

This sort of carry on is why the end of year CCMB Annual Message Board Awards had to be discontinued. It became so bad that in what became the final ceremony most in attendance were tooled-up for their own protection.

Gunman was the catalyst for most of the angst. Like clockwork he'd be pipped for the blue riband Champion Poster gong by his arch-rival, Bobsy Wilson, who'd rub it in by doing laps, with trophy in hand, around the table Gunman was sat at with his big chum Steve Day, AKA Pine Man, a purveyor of crap furniture.

It kicked-off in a big way when Wilson failed to get a rise from his foe by staring intently at him when picking his nose. In a desperate gambit he stood a few feet away and proceeded to twerk at him. Gunman, to his credit, remained aloof by casting his gaze towards the ceiling and adopting a contemptuous visage. Wilson's response was to bend lower and deliver vigorous inverted V-signs from between his legs which enraged Gunman who retaliated by launching the 99 ice cream he was enjoying. Unfortunately for him, it whistled past Wilson's right ear hole to hit Moggis straight in the kisser.
    I must have been pissed that night - God knows when all of this happened, but, having read that last bit, it must have been over a decade ago .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Sheffield Utd are having a great season so far.
    Although Liverpool and Man City are dominating at the moment, it really does seem to be getting more and more competitive. The likes of Wolves and Leicester are really adding something to it.
    The money getting pumped in and some of the wages paid to the top players is quite obscene, but supply and demand will always win.
    Watching games like the Dundee derby now and then, brings you back down to earth, but in a good way ��
    Seems to me there's been a levelling down of standards this season - Liverpool were tremendous at Leicester, but, for much of the time, I'd say they've been grinding out results compared to last year, yet they are ten points clear with two games in hand on the team closest to them. Chelsea in the last Champions League place are a point closer to the team at the bottom of the table than they are to Liverpool at the top - it's an exciting race for fourth place, but only because all of the teams involved are not really good enough for such a lofty position.