+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What actually happened regarding Javi Guerra?

What actually happened regarding Javi Guerra?

Got to be one of the strangest outcomes with regards to signing a quality player......

Re: What actually happened regarding Javi Guerra?

OGS, arguably not the worst striker he signed!

I can vaguely remember reading about Scott Young criticising him in a cup match and that seemed to finish him off

Wasn't he hauled off before half time by Scott Young? You know, the legendary coach. Guerra went on loan to Malaga , then ha this contract cancelled by mutual consent, which probably cost a lot, and then went back to Spain where he continued to score goals. Mind you I think he was 32/33 when we signed him. Rumour was that it was the club not OGS who signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I can vaguely remember reading about Scott Young criticising him in a cup match and that seemed to finish him off
    That was the game against Bournemouth i think, League Cup. We were dreadful, all over the park. Didn't Scott Young drag him off pretty early in the game or was that Juan Cala? I can't remember who it was. All i do remember is Scott Young looking way out of his depth on the touchline, even Danny Gabbidon who assisted him(I think) kept a low profile, or maybe he was playing, if so, he was keeping a low profile.

Even though the guy scored goals all throughout his career that buffoon Slade said he wasn’t very good in training when asked why he wasn’t getting selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That was the game against Bournemouth i think, League Cup. We were dreadful, all over the park. Didn't Scott Young drag him off pretty early in the game or was that Juan Cala? I can't remember who it was. All i do remember is Scott Young looking way out of his depth on the touchline, even Danny Gabbidon who assisted him(I think) kept a low profile, or maybe he was playing, if so, he was keeping a low profile.
    Gabbs played in that game and was one of about five or six who could have been taken off. Scott Young opted to replace Guerra and Kimbo after about thirty five minutes. Guerra had done well in a couple of substitute appearances and Kimbo was good enough to be, possibly, our best player in the win over Man City, but they were both a disgrace that night as they went through the motions and I believe neither of them played for us again. We looked like a team devoid of spirit that night.