+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clinton Morrison

Clinton Morrison

Very articulate, he'll be reading the news next.

Re: Clinton Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Very articulate, he'll be reading the news next.
    What are your thoughts on Robbie Savage?

I'd take anyone over Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I'd take anyone over Clinton.
    Yeah, But what are your thoughts on Savage?

Ok he’s not particularly a wordsmith, but I like his energy and humour. Much prefer him to the utterly boring Alan Shearer.

I like Savage, though sometimes I think he deliberately argues with everyone. A good discussion starts, then all of a sudden he's pulling the caller up on some minor remark, and the whole think descends into an argument. Apart from that, he's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, But what are your thoughts on Savage?
    I can take him or leave him.
    Anyone else?

Stopped listening to 606 & any football show Chris Sutton is on, he just shouts everybody down, arsehole of a man.

Ridiculously bad pundit. I was done when he said he "Arksed the manager why were playing dem tactics" or something to that effect. Think it might appeal to the kid on the street but shouldn't be anywhere near the TV.
    I'm almost certain he's got some X rated photos of managers at Sky Sports to get the gig.

It's almost as out of place as the female footballers doing some punditry on Premier League games. I'm all for equality but can't take the opinion of somebody who has played less than a National League level when talking about pressure of big games and specific things in the Premier/Champions League etc. They talk as if they have been there and know. Let's be honest, they haven't.

If they had the Bromley Centre Half on the show telling us why Virgil Van Dijk is so good against the Country's top strikers you would be swearing at your TV asking how he knew and that he isn't in a position to comment.

can't take the opinion of somebody who has played less than a National League level when talking about pressure of big games and specific things in the Premier/Champions League etc.
    I think that’s bollocks, there are 100s of amazing football journalists who’ve never played the game who have more interesting opinions than most ex pros.

Id much rather listen to someone intelligent and articulate over someone like Shearer or Sutton who have played the game at the highest level yet have never said anything interesting in their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think that’s bollocks, there are 100s of amazing football journalists who’ve never played the game who have more interesting opinions than most ex pros.

Id much rather listen to someone intelligent and articulate over someone like Shearer or Sutton who have played the game at the highest level yet have never said anything interesting in their life.
    I think people can have an opinion no matter what level they’ve played.

Some decent managers have only played at a low level, yet command the respect of some of the beat players to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Ridiculously bad pundit. I was done when he said he "Arksed the manager why were playing dem tactics" or something to that effect. Think it might appeal to the kid on the street but shouldn't be anywhere near the TV.
    I'm almost certain he's got some X rated photos of managers at Sky Sports to get the gig.

It's almost as out of place as the female footballers doing some punditry on Premier League games. I'm all for equality but can't take the opinion of somebody who has played less than a National League level when talking about pressure of big games and specific things in the Premier/Champions League etc. They talk as if they have been there and know. Let's be honest, they haven't.

If they had the Bromley Centre Half on the show telling us why Virgil Van Dijk is so good against the Country's top strikers you would be swearing at your TV asking how he knew and that he isn't in a position to comment.
    I agree about clinton but some of the women pundits are certainly good enough. The issue is basically putting to many in for numbers rather than on merit.

I think all ex-pros should be just that - ex-pros. They should spend their time in betting shops, pubs and brothels and stay away from football punditry!!!

He's got the Cardiff game on Gillette Soccer Special.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I like Savage, though sometimes I think he deliberately argues with everyone. A good discussion starts, then all of a sudden he's pulling the caller up on some minor remark, and the whole think descends into an argument. Apart from that, he's okay.
    Hes a radio stations dream , natural in his way, knows what to do in attracting listeners.Appeals to ordinary footy fans,not everyone wants posh over paid corporate, MOTD Gary and Alan types .