+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: VAR

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I detect that you're saying that things should've been left alone? If so, i agree.
    As an entertainment product that attracts billions of viewers worlwide it was a bad move, but I agree with what you said about the ref being a part of the outcome equation, and now he's been taken out of it completely with these VAR decisions. I guessing it all seemed like a good idea on paper though

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    As an entertainment product that attracts billions of viewers it was a bad move, but I agree with what you said about the ref being a part of the outcome equation, and now he's been taken out of it completely with these VAR decisions. I guessing it all seemed like a good idea on paper though
    Was it UEFA that brought it in or the Premier League? I don't quite understand these things. Whoever it was, it seems that it's about appeasing those who shout loudest and a wink towards the new money in the game. Everyone knows that football is as much about mistakes as it is brilliance and acts of genius, and as important in my opinion.

I think the offside rule should be tweaked in as much as, if any part of the attackers body (yes even his little finger nail) is onside, then it is not offside. I was always under the impression that attackers were supposed to be given the benefit of the doubt in any borderline decisions, I was clearly wrong.

It may be a positive that refs are shielded now from abuse because VAR is being used so accurately and frustratingly. Hudreds of refs seem to be dropping out of the game at lower levels where it's not in place so either greater appreciation for those doing that tough job or something else to take the criticism may be a big positive.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It may be a positive that refs are shielded now from abuse because VAR is being used so accurately and frustratingly. Hudreds of refs seem to be dropping out of the game at lower levels where it's not in place so either greater appreciation for those doing that tough job or something else to take the criticism may be a big positive.
    I'm not sure of the origins, but in the Bundesliga the referee can check the pitch-side VAR monitor.