+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris’ Record So Far

Harris’ Record So Far

4 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat. Football has been a bit on the grim side but in the vein of the much quoted “It’s a results business”, it has to be acceptable seeing as he’s only been able to work with the hand he’s got player-wise or has it ???????

Re: Harris’ Record So Far

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    4 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat. Football has been a bit on the grim side but in the vein of the much quoted “It’s a results business”, it has to be acceptable seeing as he’s only been able to work with the hand he’s got player-wise or has it ???????
    He’s doing OK.
    We can’t expect miracles overnight and certainly today’s 2nd goal was as good as anything we’ve seen this season.

Can work in shape and style only if we are picking points up.

If we were playing beautiful stuff and losing he’d be in the bin

I think he's trying to change the footballing culture at the club. Albeit with limited resources, I'd like to see him throw caution to the wind when we reach 50 points and really try to experiment with younger more skillful players. If we have any.

He's doing bloody well

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's doing bloody well
    He's a young manager who knows what an opportunity he has here.

His comments about the players not being used to keeping the ball after the Millwall game spoke volumes.

I wasn't thrilled by his appointment, but I have been impressed with what he has said and done.

One defeat in 9 games is not so bad.

And today's result should give us confidence in the new manager, whatever our doubts were.

16/27 points and that second goal was as good a goal from open play as we’ve seen from a City side for some time.

Hopefully shut the Harris boo boys, in particular Dembeth and Cyclops, up for 5 minutes.

1.777 points per game that would easily get you in the play offs over the course of 46 games.

Not sure anyone can complain about him, considering he's inherited a team built by NW recruited to play a certain way

He's taken 16 points from 27 on offer. If he can continue that till the end of the season we'll be in with a shout of the play offs.

That wasn't going to happen under Warnock.

Hopefully he can add to the squad next month. I know he's hinted at some departures but if he can bring 2/3 it could be the difference between mid table and the play offs.

The second goal was well worked, that's the sort of football I'm expecting from him at some point. We all saw his ideas vs Charlton but we also saw how pedestrian the side is. Overall he could turn our season around, the Championship is poor this year so play-offs are definitely a target

I wouldn't want to rewatch any of the games since he's come in, today may be the exception but I wasn't there so can't judge, but think he deserves a lot of credit for the bigger picture. He's getting much, much better results with players starting low on confidence, securing a core to build around while giving everyone a chance, gently moving us in the direction of using our youth ranks much more...

It does annoy me that we're using Jazz Richards as a home grown player though. If Harris wants to show commitment to creating a pathway for youth then Jazz should be treated as .05 rather than 1.0 for the quota.

The one thing that does concern me: at Millwall they had at least one hot streak with Harris as manager and still failed to make play-offs that year. When are we going to experience a run of poor results and will he have built up enough goodwill by that point? I don't think we've fully taken to him just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

His comments about the players not being used to keeping the ball after the Millwall game spoke volumes.

I wasn't thrilled by his appointment, but I have been impressed with what he has said and done.

And today's result should give us confidence in the new manager, whatever our doubts were.

This.

The lad has done well.

I've been as critical with the manner of the performances as any but he has done well on the points front and that win today is a great win up there and we've certainly got a dogged edge back to us at the back that was lacking with a porous defence earlier in the season. I expected nothing up there today and it is a very tough place to go whoever you are.

It isn't far from the average of 2 points per game that is the general required amount for promotion (or knocking on the door of promotion) so he has to take huge credit for that. Two of those wins coming away from home when we couldn't buy an away win before Forest also.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post

This

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I've been as critical with the manner of the performances as any but he has done well on the points front and that win today is a great win up there and we've certainly got a dogged edge back to us at the back that was lacking with a porous defence earlier in the season. I expected nothing up there today and it is a very tough place to go whoever you are.

It isn't far from the average of 2 points per game that is the general required amount for promotion (or knocking on the door of promotion) so he has to take huge credit for that. Two of those wins coming away from home when we couldn't buy an away win before Forest also.
    Its been a great start, 16 points from 9 games which as you say isn't far from 2 points a game (Its 1.7). Have to remember that he's had some pretty tough games as well in that period; Leeds away, Brentford away, Wednesday away and Forest away as well as Preston at home and we've picked up points in all but one of those games. Millwall home was a bit of a low but what a response to go to Sheffield and win despite losing two players to injury in the first half!

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

1.777777777777 points a game is 10 points short over the course of a season of a 2 point a game average. Would mean 81 points by the end and definite playoffs.

Warnock's 16 games this season saw an average of 1.31 points a game, so there's been a significant improvement. That equates to 21 more points over the course of a season.

We are improving. Ralls due back , fully fit Sol maybe , Tomlin playing at his best.

A quality loan signing or 2 and we could get in the top 6.

Hes doing a good job.

He's changed a few simple things. We've dropped the long ball stuff, we try to keep the ball (not that well so far, but there's signs of improvement), and the biggest one - we're not conceding half as many goals as we were.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He's changed a few simple things. We've dropped the long ball stuff, we try to keep the ball (not that well so far, but there's signs of improvement), and the biggest one - we're not conceding half as many goals as we were.
    Oh dear 😱😢

Today is nothing short of embarrassing.

I feel sorry for those that have travelled.

Hopefully a wake up call for harris to realise that he doesn't have a team , just a bunch of average players thrown together in a hope and a prayer that it might work

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Hopefully a wake up call for harris to realise that he doesn't have a team , just a bunch of average players thrown together in a hope and a prayer that it might work
    He was the one that went with 5 at the back though when we had a right back in Peltier.
    He almost acknowledged his mistake by subbing Bamba and bringing Peltier in.

I'm all for slagging off the players after this but Harris has to take some of the blame too.