+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Reid

Bobby Reid

Another goal today. Don’t suppose we have a recall option?
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/br...ce-last-night/

Re: Bobby Reid

Isn't it a "done deal"? Whatever that means.

Nah,glad he's gone.Its a permanent deal structured in a way that Fulham don't fall foul of FFP rules.Talented lad but a bit of a lightweight for the top league.

He didn't want to be here so hopefully he stays gone.
    Similarly those still here who don't want to pull their weight, they can follow him.

He's no Madine

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's no Madine
    Exactly. He scores goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He didn't want to be here so hopefully he stays gone.
    Similarly those still here who don't want to pull their weight, they can follow him.
    Are little throw away comments like this posted just because posters want to contribute to a thread?
    Has he ever told you personally that he didn’t want to be At Cardiff? Have you a link of him ever saying he didn’t want to be here?
    Putting a simple “IMO” is quite easy, and would make it clear if it is opinion or fact.

Are we going to have a "Can we recall Bobby Reid thread?" every time he scores this season?

Hes gone. He aint coming back.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Are we going to have a "Can we recall Bobby Reid thread?" every time he scores this season?

Hes gone. He aint coming back.
    Favourite part of the deal is that we make money on him (ignoring wages)

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Are little throw away comments like this posted just because posters want to contribute to a thread?
    Has he ever told you personally that he didn’t want to be At Cardiff? Have you a link of him ever saying he didn’t want to be here?
    Putting a simple “IMO” is quite easy, and would make it clear if it is opinion or fact.
    Exactly.

People see what they want to see.

I see a lad underused by a manager that bought him and had no idea how to use him.
    He’s an upgrade on Tomlin, who we all seem to be raving about, and he’s younger too.

But yeah he can stay gone cos the manager that made a mess of his signing is gone, he definitely doesn’t need to be seen by the new manager...

As it goes, wasn’t it 5 appearances to trigger the clause?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Favourite part of the deal is that we make money on him (ignoring wages)
    People keep saying this but I don't remember seeing the terms of the deal anywhere. Got a link?

I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want him back when he’s quite clearly a lot better than anyone in our squad.
    All this talk about him wanting to leave the club - hardly surprising if true, but to my knowledge not proven to actually be true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want him back when he’s quite clearly a lot better than anyone in our squad.
    All this talk about him wanting to leave the club - hardly surprising if true, but to my knowledge not proven to actually be true.
    Sounds to me as he had enough of NW not playing him and wanted out. Another bizarre Warnock signing he raves about then didn’t play. Would bobby come back? I doubt it as Fulham will probably go up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    But we cant have him back, so why go on about it. The two conditions on his permanent transfer (5 appearances and Fulham not being relegated) will be met, so he will go to them at the end of the season for the pre-agreed set fee.

I'd rather Mike Reid

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    But we cant have him back, so why go on about it. The two conditions on his permanent transfer (5 appearances and Fulham not being relegated) will be met, so he will go to them at the end of the season for the pre-agreed set fee.
    The only place I can see these conditions mentioned is on WalesOnline - I thought you didn't believe a word that they said?

Found the source for the Madine loan deal yet btw? I've been asking you for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The only place I can see these conditions mentioned is on WalesOnline - I thought you didn't believe a word that they said?

Found the source for the Madine loan deal yet btw? I've been asking you for ages.
    Oooooh your on a roll today , Spar selling White Lightning at knock down prices again ?

Heisenberg

Oooooh your on a roll today , Spar selling White Lightning at knock down prices again ?
    No... but luckily I can afford to get off my tits on White Lightning at regular prices, thanks.

He isn't coming back here.

I'd rather Mike Reid
    He's certainly been given the Runaround by City.

Are little* throw away comments like this posted just because posters want to contribute to a thread?
    Why would you say this was a throw away comment, perhaps you are trying to pick an argument?
    This is not my opinion.
    I did think it was common knowledge he wanted away so I didn't bother to qualify it with a link.

Anyway I did some research, something it seems you didn't bother to do, preferring instead to make an inflammatory remark...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49293451

Whilst I don't think Bobby Reid has completely burned his bridges from the contents of this piece, possibly he may say he would not mind coming and playing for a different manager in a different system, I honestly believe he really didn't and doesn't want to be here.

That last bit IS my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Exactly.

People see what they want to see.

I see a lad underused by a manager that bought him and had no idea how to use him.
    He’s an upgrade on Tomlin, who we all seem to be raving about, and he’s younger too.

But yeah he can stay gone cos the manager that made a mess of his signing is gone, he definitely doesn’t need to be seen by the new manager...

As it goes, wasn’t it 5 appearances to trigger the clause?
    See my post above

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Why would you say this was a throw away comment, perhaps you are trying to pick an argument?
    This is not my opinion.
    I did think it was common knowledge he wanted away so I didn't bother to qualify it with a link.

Anyway I did some research, something it seems you didn't bother to do, preferring instead to make an inflammatory remark...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49293451

Whilst I don't think Bobby Reid has completely burned his bridges from the contents of this piece, possibly he may say he would not mind coming and playing for a different manager in a different system, I honestly believe he really didn't and doesn't want to be here.

That last bit IS my opinion
    That’s not Reid saying he wanted to leave. It’s Warnock saying it. A player he continually failed to give game time to. Good that you put a bit of meat on to your bone though. 👍

That’s not Reid saying he wanted to leave. It’s Warnock saying it. A player he continually failed to give game time to. Good that you put a bit of meat on to your bone though. 👍
    Its obvious he wanted to leave. He's not going to come straight out and say it is he, they do it all through agents.

Decent enough player but I'd rather not have his sort here if truth be known. No good for the team.

There’s a lot of speculation on this thread about what the player is alleged to have said, but no actual evidence. The circumstances under which he left are clearly not there now.
    Surely, if he were to return, it would be like a quality signing, compared to the rest of the squad?